Crash trying to load anything besides factory

KaptinKeith

Brand new computer with i7 10th gen, NVIDIA 2070 with current drivers, 8GB ram, and graphics settings set to the lowest. Yet the game will still crash at random points loading any other map besides factory. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

PyroYoda
37 minutes ago, KaptinKeith said:

Brand new computer with i7 10th gen, NVIDIA 2070 with current drivers, 8GB ram, and graphics settings set to the lowest. Yet the game will still crash at random points loading any other map besides factory. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

Most games today require to play on 16gb of ram, and a SSD I have a NVMe M.2 SSD. Is your auto ram cleaner on in your game settings? Maybe that could help, but I don't think it will. So, you should buy 16gb ram if nothing works. Also, close all background apps while playing.

KaptinKeith
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, PyroYoda said:

Most games today require to play on 16gb of ram, and a SSD I have a NVMe M.2 SSD. Is your auto ram cleaner on in your game settings? Maybe that could help, but I don't think it will. So, you should buy 16gb ram if nothing works. Also, close all background apps while playing.

so i have 16gb ram and 8gb VRAM. i figured it would still work. with a 1TB SSD

Edited by KaptinKeith
PyroYoda
1 hour ago, KaptinKeith said:

If you do a google search they say: 

"Dual-ported Video RAM, or VRAM, is a dual-ported variant of dynamic RAM, which was once commonly used to store the framebuffer in graphics adapters. Note that most computers and game consoles do not use this form of memory, and dual-ported VRAM should not be confused with other forms of video memory."

So therefore, VRAM will not help you. You will still need the 16gb video memory.

• Sad 1
szafir1978

8gb video memory 🙃

16gb ram 😉

check swap file settings in windows 😉

• Like 1
TarkovCitizen4431498
7 hours ago, PyroYoda said:

If you do a google search they say: 

"Dual-ported Video RAM, or VRAM, is a dual-ported variant of dynamic RAM, which was once commonly used to store the framebuffer in graphics adapters. Note that most computers and game consoles do not use this form of memory, and dual-ported VRAM should not be confused with other forms of video memory."

So therefore, VRAM will not help you. You will still need the 16gb video memory.

False. 8GB VRAM is more than plenty if you are not gaming at 4K resolution. For RAM (the ones you insert in the slots on your motherboard) it is recommended to have 16GB nowadays.

VRAM in this context is not dual-ported video ram, but Video Random Access Memory.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_Random_Access_Memory

8 hours ago, KaptinKeith said:

Your specs are more than enough to run this game. Have you already tried to re-install the game?

Edited by TarkovCitizen4431498
Nicklarca

I've had the same issue for some time now, from my personal experience I suspect tarkov runs out of memory when loading loot. Peak RAM consumption for tarkov ONLY I've had was ~13.1 GBs out of 16 while being tabbed out with only Task Manager open.

Edited by Nicklarca
PyroYoda
13 hours ago, TarkovCitizen4431498 said:

it is recommended to have 16GB nowadays.

I just said that...

TarkovCitizen4431498
7 hours ago, PyroYoda said:

I just said that...

You said 16GB video memory. Hence why I said 8GB is more than enough for <4k resolutions 🙃

PyroYoda
20 minutes ago, TarkovCitizen4431498 said:

You said 16GB video memory. Hence why I said 8GB is more than enough for <4k resolutions 🙃

4k resolutions, not enough to play eft. 😆

kamyl

I had this exact problem as well and I think that after changing textures from default high to medium it started to work.

If it matters, I have 16GB RAM and 6GB VRAM.