Object reference not set to an instance of an object | Cannot install game

YaRuski

Hello,

I recently moved my drives and ended up deleting Tarkov off my old drive to perform a clean install on my new drive. I started reinstalling Tarkov starting with the BSG Launcher, and everything was going fine until I had to change the default install directory which is set to C drive. When I click on the change button for the installation path, I get the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" as shown in attached screenshot. I've tried to implement this fixes recommended in the post below as well as deleting any old Tarkov files/folders, but the problem still persists. 

Below is the attached screenshot of the error when trying to change install directory. Thanks in advance! 

1054957822_Screenshot2021-03-03215313.png.e5c0e599bdb47dd13810b30e17970ae7.png

For those who have this problem I have found the solution for it.

I simply got my extra hard drive formatted to the letter it required. In my case it required the install path to be a C drive, in some cases I've seen it requiring a D drive. Either way, using the disk management tool windows provides, I changed the letter without formatting my extra hard drive. The BSG launcher will let you change the install directory and play the game once its installed.

Cheers!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having the same issue.  The game appears to be installed on an "H" drive which does not exist.  I tried to format a portable storage drive to that letter (H) but it did not show up in the drop down menu for me to select.

My computer also won't let me uninstall the game because it can't find the H drive that the game is supposedly installed on.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

11 hours ago, eville_slaya said:

I'm having the same issue.  The game appears to be installed on an "H" drive which does not exist.  I tried to format a portable storage drive to that letter (H) but it did not show up in the drop down menu for me to select.

My computer also won't let me uninstall the game because it can't find the H drive that the game is supposedly installed on.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Yes, i had the same issue, this is what i done to solve it. 

The letter H does not appear because its already allocated to a driver, if you search 'Device manager' and then drop down tab 'Disk Drivers' you will show a list of ports that are active, i deactivated all of these until i saw the drive 'H' disappear from my Devices and drivers. 

once this is done, go back to 'Format hard disk Partions' and you should now be able to rename your SSD or Hardrive under the letter 'H'. The game will then let you change the download path and install the game. hope this helps. 

• 3 weeks later...

Problem is quite simple to fix. Like me you probably don't have enough space on you (C) drive so you selected a more appropriate drive. However, the game temp folder when installing the launcher originally gets placed in your (C) drive. What you need to do to resolve this is to get on the TARKOV LAUNCHER and head to SETTINGS (This is done by clicking on your username). Scroll down until you see TEMP DIRECTORY and proceed to change it to where you actually want it to be. This should fix your problem :)

9 minutes ago, NobleQM said:

Problem is quite simple to fix. Like me you probably don't have enough space on you (C) drive so you selected a more appropriate drive. However, the game temp folder when installing the launcher originally gets placed in your (C) drive. What you need to do to resolve this is to get on the TARKOV LAUNCHER and head to SETTINGS (This is done by clicking on your username). Scroll down until you see TEMP DIRECTORY and proceed to change it to where you actually want it to be. This should fix your problem :)

Thank you <333