Is anyone NOT running full mags filled with the best ammo?

Shibre93100

I don't understand how I'm mostly dying to the most expensive ammo shot out of super fast firing guns

How does it feel to get one tapped with mags filled with 200 rounds of ammo that cost 2000+ roubles per round without you even shooting one bullet before you die?

I wouldn't mind using my best gear all the time but it's so rare to get involved in a real firefight that I really can't consider it even though I'm rich

It doesn't feel fun at all to lose it all instantly and doesn't make me want to hop in another raid with super expensive stuff right after

So here I am, sitting on 2 Thicc cases filled with class 5 and 6 armor, 6 or 7 weapon boxes with good stuff like vectors, SVDs, M4s and so one

1 items case full of ammo boxes full of the best ammo

All of that crap is just sitting there

And I'm running with MP153 magnum and Kedrs with leg meta ammo lol

If I could get my ammo back from unlooted magazines maybe, but for some reason all of it disappears which really sucks from my perspective

Also if anything besides class 6 armor was viable it would help a lot lol

Too many AP rounds with super high pen from small calibers that are far too avaible, it just sucks

Naked man meta ftw

Edited by Shibre93100
  • Thanks 1
Carro_Veloce

Saaaaame. 100% I feel you dude. That's why I never full load with the best. I top load it.

For example, a habit I do with 9x19 is 60-70% bottom mag is pst gzh, while the top load is AP 6.3 or 7n.

For 5.45, same ratio BT bottom, then BS or Igolnik at the top.

Then just bring some stacks of the best in my secure container.

Another thing I do is bring one mag full of cheap ammo and one stack of cheap ammo to deal with scavs. Either differentiate it by color or by not insuring it. There's plenty of ways to make dying less painful. We all learn them the hard way.

• Like 1
JerryLove

I'm almost always budget running (I have zero THICC cases); so I'm never using anywhere near the top ammo. I'm counting mostly on avoiding PMCs and the fact that most PMCs are wearing lvl 3 or less head (or no face shield) and getting that shot. 

From a kill/death perspective, it's not been very successful; but from a gain/loss it seems to work. Yes, I could gear out in better stuff, but the weak link is my skilz (or lack there of) so it means losing a lot. 

I'll tend to go in with an SMG and the highest damage (with some eye to pen) I can get at a reasonable price and then try to either overwhelm with volume, scalp something better in-raid, or get the headshot. 

Sometimes I've gone in with high power rifles to try some sniping. Somehow that seems to attract attention and I die quickly... moreso if I really gear up. 

I think carro gave some great advice. Top load the good stuff and then store some bullets in the secure container. Refill as needed. You won't run out of bullets (your mags are still full), but your death loss will be much lower. Yes, if you do head into the bottom of the mag, you'll lose pen/damage. Just steal the gun/mags from the PMC you kill with the top of the mag :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Shortstacker

Given the amount of poo you have, it’s a given you play a lot.

With that said, you should have a solid understanding that a significant portion of your deaths will come from one taps. A smart sniper waits until they can get the one tap, the dumb one takes early shots and misses. 

Class 6 armour isn’t meant to make you a juggernaut, it’s meant to give you precious milliseconds to fight the threat when you’re engaged on. Helmets? Well, those are mostly cosmetic.

chrisragnar

You have the gear to spend. You just don't want to bring it because if you die with good gear you only have yourself to blame. You know, because you are bad.

• Confused 3
Shibre93100
Posted (edited)

@Carro_Veloce thanks for the advice bro, but I already do exactly what you said all the time lol

My point being that when I kill a chad, I empty 60 rounds magazines FULL of M995 or 50 rounders filled to the top with 7n31 or M61

Even lower geared PMCs I kill use crap armor with with a gun I can sell for 200k to mechanic and again, mags full of crazy top of the line ammo

I wish you could bring an ammo box in the secure container like before. For solos like myself that would sure be a great Qol

@Shortstacker my one tap deaths mostly come from CQB fights that end before they even start, because I'm always looking for a fight as long as my backpack isn't filled with loot and I mostly sprint. Actually, I only sprint lol

These fights seem to always be a coinflip. It's just down to which one gets the headshot first, and I feel that it's lame

And yes I can play a lot and I'm doing pretty well with over 600 PMCs killed this wipe including multiple trios

Just let me insure my ammo lol. I don't care to lose the rest, but the ammo really pains me to another level

Edited by Shibre93100
  • Like 1
kthomasr

I feel you. I usually load the mag to 75% with filler ammo, then the good stuff. In the event you do encounter a heavy, with any luck the first rounds to land will damage the armor enough, or pen for enough damage to allow the filler to either pen or blunt damage kill the target.

Or. Go for head shots. 

Shibre93100
6 minutes ago, kthomasr said:

I feel you. I usually load the mag to 75% with filler ammo, then the good stuff. In the event you do encounter a heavy, with any luck the first rounds to land will damage the armor enough, or pen for enough damage to allow the filler to either pen or blunt damage kill the target.

Or. Go for head shots. 

I'm doing this but it's pointless against teams if you kill the first one and only have low grade ammo left in the mag for the rest

JerryLove
4 hours ago, Shibre93100 said:

I'm doing this but it's pointless against teams if you kill the first one and only have low grade ammo left in the mag for the rest

Pointless might be an over-statement. 

You are going to win some fights. You are going to lose some fights. You are going to spend money. 

As you improve your gear, the win/loss rate (hopefully) improves. It never gets to 100%, and it should never get to 0%. 

So the math you have to do is one of diminishing returns. At what point does the increase in success rate from better gear not pay for the increase in cost for running that better gear. 

Let's say that I'm a super chad. I win all the fights on 99% of raids cheap (1 ruble per bullet) ammo. But there's super-kryptonite ammo that that lets me get that last guy and move to 100%. Problem is: It's 10k rubles per shot. 

Since I fire like 100 rounds on a typical raid, that's 1 million rubles spent on every raid win or lose in exchange for a 1% increase in wins. So across 100 raids, to win 100 instead of 99, I'll spend 100,000,000 rubles. Is winning that 1-in-100 fight worth 100,000,000 rubles? Likely not. 

wernonwar
vor 18 Stunden schrieb Shibre93100:

I don't understand how I'm mostly dying to the most expensive ammo shot out of super fast firing guns

How does it feel to get one tapped with mags filled with 200 rounds of ammo that cost 2000+ roubles per round without you even shooting one bullet before you die?

I wouldn't mind using my best gear all the time but it's so rare to get involved in a real firefight that I really can't consider it even though I'm rich

It doesn't feel fun at all to lose it all instantly and doesn't make me want to hop in another raid with super expensive stuff right after

So here I am, sitting on 2 Thicc cases filled with class 5 and 6 armor, 6 or 7 weapon boxes with good stuff like vectors, SVDs, M4s and so one

1 items case full of ammo boxes full of the best ammo

All of that crap is just sitting there

If I could get my ammo back from unlooted magazines maybe, but for some reason all of it disappears which really sucks from my perspective

Also if anything besides class 6 armor was viable it would help a lot lol

Too many AP rounds with super high pen from small calibers that are far too avaible, it just sucks

Naked man meta ftw

So why if you are rich don't you play whatever you enjoy. I dont get you. What is the goal of you. Just stack stuff and money cause u don't want to loose it? It feels you are a hoarder

Salted1337
6 hours ago, Shibre93100 said:

My point being that when I kill a chad, I empty 60 rounds magazines FULL of M995 or 50 rounders filled to the top with 7n31 or M61

If you do that, it's not the game's problem. It's a you problem.

Shibre93100
2 hours ago, wernonwar said:

So why if you are rich don't you play whatever you enjoy. I dont get you. What is the goal of you. Just stack stuff and money cause u don't want to loose it? It feels you are a hoarder

you mistake hoarder and solo player. I don't have 3 butt buddies to hide my gear and empty my mags like squad players noobs do every time they die

I don't have any fun if I lose top of the line gear + the ammo several raids in a row

With crap gear I can just bomb rush every fight and not care. That's what's fun to me

Trying to have fun in a video game, how strange that must be

ZeroCool187

the more geared you are the more cheaters you will attract too. kinda sucks really. ive seen this wipe after wipe.  if your like me and rarely run slick etc when you do, you die anyway to great ammo or you attract a cheater and get head eyes from some crazy angle.  your not alone in your thinking OP.   

with all that said piling up the rubles is all that gets accomplished at the end of the day. we will all lose all those rubles when wipe day comes. all for nothing is it not?  

9 hours ago, Shibre93100 said:

you mistake hoarder and solo player. I don't have 3 butt buddies to hide my gear and empty my mags like squad players noobs do every time they die

I don't have any fun if I lose top of the line gear + the ammo several raids in a row

With crap gear I can just bomb rush every fight and not care. That's what's fun to me

the loses are much worse as a solo i hear that!

wernonwar
vor 11 Stunden schrieb Shibre93100:

I also play a lot of solo. And what you basicly have is gear fear. I m sitting on 12 million. Why would i not buy stuff with the money. Even if i loose everything i dont care. It will be wiped anyway. (Well i care :D but not that much) 

If you always use shitty gear you cant expect that midwipe you have chances. Or at least you lower your chances extrem!

But hey you can look at your inventory :D

FrankCastle24

As a solo player i usually bring 1+2 mags and a stack of good ammo in container.had a rough time until i learned to position and manouver on maps.engage aiscavs only if necessary.and most important dont engage players if odds are not in my favour

Shibre93100
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, FrankCastle24 said:

As a solo player i usually bring 1+2 mags and a stack of good ammo in container.had a rough time until i learned to position and manouver on maps.engage aiscavs only if necessary.and most important dont engage players if odds are not in my favour

I rush and fight no matter the odds and what I'm wearing or weapon I'm using lol

Usually it doesn't end well. Still got a ton of kills this wipe, but not as many looted bodies unfortunately

@wernonwar i'm dying too much because of my playstyle and can't afford the mental breakdown of losing expensive stuff several times in a row. Maybe I should alternate from good to crap gear

Yesterday I rushed killa like an idiot with a gen 4 assault and vector and it all came back from insurance. By my precious ammo is forever gone

My only issue is the ammo, don't care about the rest

Edited by Shibre93100
TarkovCitizen4431498

I always run the best ammo- no reason not to when you have plenty of cash. I do however not buy anything from the flea at absurd prices of >2000 roubles per bullet. When it's sold out I just grab a different gun. That said, a DT MDR is amazing with just M80, don't need top-tier ammo for that.

On 3/5/2021 at 4:28 AM, Shibre93100 said:

Nasty ammo.. This was me literally 5 minutes ago after a naked with just a magnum buckshot shotgun got the drop on me. 
Managed to survive but a scav one-tapped me in the thorax 5 minutes later lol.

15751967a985af7989b966d9cecabf26.png

Shibre93100

@TarkovCitizen4431498 it's nasty but really only works if you ambush a chad with it

Prapor sells the 7n31 for 1734 roubles o_O

How is the MDR with M80 viable with its slow fire rate and low pen? Does it deal more armor damage than smaller rounds with similar stats?

FrankCastle24

Jea

1 hour ago, Shibre93100 said:

I rush and fight no matter the odds and what I'm wearing or weapon I'm using lol

Usually it doesn't end well. Still got a ton of kills this wipe, but not as many looted bodies unfortunately

@wernonwar i'm dying too much because of my playstyle and can't afford the mental breakdown of losing expensive stuff several times in a row. Maybe I should alternate from good to crap gear

Yesterday I rushed killa like an idiot with a gen 4 assault and vector and it all came back from insurance. By my precious ammo is forever gone

Yeah like half of the time rushing=death. Unless you can relaibly head tap or enemy wiffs.but i agree sometimes losing ammo hurts more.i would be cool to be able to insure it

wernonwar
vor 5 Stunden schrieb Shibre93100:

Maybe you have the same playstyle like me :D in your position I would run once good gear once crappy gear. I have only gear fear with big backpacks:D I don't know why probably cause if somebody gets me he can even stuff all my stuff in my own backpack :D

I also didn't want to buy the 7n for my vector but now with 15 mil i dont really care anymore. You ll see wait another month and you won't care either :D.

Ps: A sad story rushed a person. He even got some shots with ps ammo did not do anything got in another guy came tried to shoot me with crappy ammo while I was reloading. He emptied a mag on me I was still alive and got him . That must be extremely frustrating. If he had some good ammo I would be dead his friends stuff secure and he could get nice mid tear stuff from me :D

• Like 1
Stalkings

Am i the only one that feels level 6 and everything else should be cheaper? Makes 0 sense that im dropping 100+K for loose leaf paper on my chest, Helms should literally be 10k roubles max, from how useless they are,???

Shibre93100
4 hours ago, Stalkings said:

Am i the only one that feels level 6 and everything else should be cheaper? Makes 0 sense that im dropping 100+K for loose leaf paper on my chest, Helms should literally be 10k roubles max, from how useless they are,???

welp, lvl6 kevlar cost 150k for the first 2 weeks of the wipe when they're really powerful 😛

Now that everyone runs super high pen and high RPM AP rounds, they get shredded instantly and cost half a million, go figure

McFlappyNuts

nope I maybe broke in-game but ill still spend 150K for 1 clip of ammo just to kill someone in 2 shots, poo is stupid to watch someone actually live after being shot 50 times with the worst ammo in less then 30m just to have them Bhopping away because pain killers or some other stim . why waste your time ?

Carro_Veloce

If you're still losing to chads despite full loading with meta ammo, all I can tell you now is aim high and pray to Nikita.