Jump to content

There is no hope for tarkov (or why I don't play anymore and I'm happier than ever).


Recommended Posts

Keptas

I played for 7 months and there is a lot of reasons why I stopped paying. This game is fun and trilling when you are noob, but when you get decent at it, learn maps and mechanics it's becomes very stale and boring.

Development is so slow that in that time BSG added customs, woods expansions some guns, some qol improvements and that's practically it. Cultists are so broken that it looks that they are coded by a student. AI in general are just aimboting sonic hedgehogs and to kill them you need to cheese game mechanics. Tarkov is just collection of ideas without real understanding how to stich them all together. This game even don't have a real economy or balance. 

There is no end game. Just the same rush to spot a or b and extract with some fights in-between. 

There is no realism. At this point it's more similar to quake then to milsim. Just pop magic stims and go bunny hopping, healing and no scoping. It's like 6 years in to development and tarkov moves more to opposite direction. Don't fool yourself it wont turn into different game overnight. With twitch tournaments it will stay the same.

And there is bugs and cheats... This game is client based without proper packet validation so that means there will always be cheaters.

Future plans regarding streets. No doubt It will be the biggest map, but it will be the same like any other maps. And I bet there will be even more desync in 40 player map. Don't forget BSG reputation regarding optimization. I bet half of players won't get decent FPS there.

Everything is just COMING SOON, but in reality this game has no release date in sight. There are like 4 or 5 maps missing, half NPC factions and not a single story line mission.

Don't forget that developers don't play this game. They have warped perspective of it and balance changes prove that.

This list can go on and on. 

No doubt I will try it year later, but I doubt that much will be changed.

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Keptas

    12

  • opiat3

    5

  • Lunat1cX

    5

  • Shortstacker

    5

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I played for 7 months and there is a lot of reasons why I stopped paying. This game is fun and trilling when you are noob, but when you get decent at it, learn maps and mechanics it's becomes very sta

Im not even going to bother on pointing out all of the wrong info on this little rant... just the title. If you don´t play it anymore and are happier then ever because of that why do you take tim

Haven't played in 2 wipes for the exact reasons you pointed out. That said none of this is news. Tarkov simply does not interest me anymore. The constant wipes, replaying the same stale content over a

opiat3
8 minutes ago, Keptas said:

I played for 7 months and there is a lot of reasons why I stopped paying. This game is fun and trilling when you are noob, but when you get decent at it, learn maps and mechanics it's becomes very stale and boring.

Development is so slow that in that time BSG added customs, woods expansions some guns, some qol improvements and that's practically it. Cultists are so broken that it looks that they are coded by a student. AI in general are just aimboting sonic hedgehogs and to kill them you need to cheese game mechanics. Tarkov is just collection of ideas without real understanding how to stich them all together. This game even don't have a real economy or balance. 

There is no end game. Just the same rush to spot a or b and extract with some fights in-between. 

There is no realism. At this point it's more similar to quake then to milsim. Just pop magic stims and go bunny hopping, healing and no scoping. It's like 6 years in to development and tarkov moves more to opposite direction. Don't fool yourself it wont turn into different game overnight. With twitch tournaments it will stay the same.

And there is bugs and cheats... This game is client based without proper packet validation so that means there will always be cheaters.

Future plans regarding streets. No doubt It will be the biggest map, but it will be the same like any other maps. And I bet there will be even more desync in 40 player map. Don't forget BSG reputation regarding optimization. I bet half of players won't get decent FPS there.

Everything is just COMING SOON, but in reality this game has no release date in sight. There are like 4 or 5 maps missing, half NPC factions and not a single story line mission.

Don't forget that developers don't play this game. They have warped perspective of it and balance changes prove that.

This list can go on and on. 

No doubt I will try it year later, but I doubt that much will be changed.

Im not even going to bother on pointing out all of the wrong info on this little rant... just the title.

If you don´t play it anymore and are happier then ever because of that why do you take time out of your happiness to rant on a games forum? Aren´t you a happy Troll!!

 

  • Hot 1
  • Sad 6
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Kthelmir

Haven't played in 2 wipes for the exact reasons you pointed out. That said none of this is news. Tarkov simply does not interest me anymore. The constant wipes, replaying the same stale content over and over, the lack of direction and more and more unrealistic gamplay elements introduced into the game just destroyed every drive i had to play this. 

I will still monitor the game every now and then to see if anything of interest has been added but for now there is nothing that makes this worth my time.

Edited by Kthelmir
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Keptas
11 minutes ago, opiat3 said:

Im not even going to bother on pointing out all of the wrong info on this little rant... just the title.

If you don´t play it anymore and are happier then ever because of that why do you take time out of your happiness to rant on a games forum? Aren´t you a happy Troll!!

 

There always will be fanboy crusaders like you ;)

Last month I was barely playing anymore. Most of the time just collecting bitcoins and doing hideout upgrades. Now spring has come so I made decision to stop play entirely and shared my opinion.

  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
TarkovCitizen4431498

Been playing for a year myself and have almost 2400 hours in this game now. Still play it every day- no other game out there like this. Really liking where the game is currently, a ton has improved since April 2020. Game has been optimized a ton compared to then.

Cya

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Shortstacker

Well, I’ve been playing since 2018 and have at least a few thousand hours... And I’m still loving it!

If you don’t like the game anymore, stop playing it. No one is forcing you to play it!

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
gkcx2002
5 hours ago, Keptas said:

There always will be fanboy crusaders like you ;)

Last month I was barely playing anymore. Most of the time just collecting bitcoins and doing hideout upgrades. Now spring has come so I made decision to stop play entirely and shared my opinion.

Your op is spot on. Game is barely half way complete with loads of issues and its been 5 years in development. Great concept with poor execution. Good example is that they just added a server in NY. The biggest city in the US and arguably the greatest city in the world and it just got a server 5 years in. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Shurshalla

I am more worried about the income of funding for development. Because from we all know one source of funding is when players buy the game. One time. Are there sooo many buyers until now, in all these years they can cover all developing expenses? I doubt there are. So there must be another source of funding. And how BSG are planning to monetize this thing after it will be released, say in 2024-2025 (guessing)? Because all funds might be used up to the point when game will be released. Yeah new customers, but I doubt there will be many of them. i guess who are interested in game, already bought and are playing or at least they PAID for it already.

And lack of funding I explain slow servers adding into various regions/cities. Remember these servers also eat money for maintenance.

But what I want say a BIG THANK YOU to BSG team - for not taking greedy path Rockstar took with multiplayer game based on p2p connections. In that case it would gonna be another hacker/cheater infested GTA-like game, where devs has their hands tied - no normal dedicated servers - no normal anticheat - hackers do what they want.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Keptas
1 hour ago, Shurshalla said:

But what I want say a BIG THANK YOU to BSG team - for not taking greedy path Rockstar took with multiplayer game based on p2p connections. In that case it would gonna be another hacker/cheater infested GTA-like game, where devs has their hands tied - no normal dedicated servers - no normal anticheat - hackers do what they want.

LOL cheaters in tarkov are doing whatever they want. This game is client based so its very easy to inject code. Radar hacks are undetectable. Just google and you will finds dozens of cheats and their services.

Link to post
Share on other sites
AzureChimes
8 hours ago, opiat3 said:

Im not even going to bother on pointing out all of the wrong info on this little rant... just the title.

If you don´t play it anymore and are happier then ever because of that why do you take time out of your happiness to rant on a games forum? Aren´t you a happy Troll!!

 

I've been playing for years and he's right about alot of it.

Remember guys you can't say bad about Tarkov on this Forum or your a troll.

Edit: Can't even swear on this Forum because I'm sure Toby is very progressive.

Edited by AzureChimes
correction
Link to post
Share on other sites
Shortstacker
30 minutes ago, AzureChimes said:

I've been playing for years and he's right about alot of it.

Remember guys you can't say bad about Tarkov on this Forum or your a troll.

Edit: Can't even swear on this Forum because I'm sure Toby is very progressive.

No one has a problem with pointing out issues with the game, it is in beta after all.

The issue that most sensible people have, is reading yet another “im quitting and here’s my reasons why”. 
 

Here’s a hint, no one cares why you’re quitting! 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Chinjangs

Hi there,

Firstly, I would recommend a Video from JesseKazam in case you find any tips and tricks you can use to enjoy the game more.

As to the game getting too easy for you, I feel like that is part of things that happen in every game, once you learn and master the mechanics. It becomes easy for you. Now if you need a challenge, don't forget there are many things you could do to make the game more challanging and become the "noob" once again. (For example, not using flea markets/hideouts, deleting your secure container, or something similar to the "Hardcore" mode a lot of content-creator such as Pestily had done.

For the part where you say, the developers aren't playing the game, I would say that, it probably isn't true. I'm sure they do play the game to an extent but might not spend as much time as players does. In addition, I would say, that is partly why they employ us, Emissaries to go out to each region, and help communicate to between them what are the needs/wants of players from different regions as well. So, even if they aren't playing the game, they could still receive feedbacks from players.

I hope this gives you another added perspective to things.

 

Good Luck,

CJ

 

PS. This is typed from my phone, please look pass possible spelling errors you might encounter :/

Link to post
Share on other sites
gkcx2002
1 hour ago, Shortstacker said:

No one has a problem with pointing out issues with the game, it is in beta after all.

The issue that most sensible people have, is reading yet another “im quitting and here’s my reasons why”. 
 

Here’s a hint, no one cares why you’re quitting! 

I don't care that you don't care 

Bored Blah Blah Blah GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
tobiassolem

Hello keptas!

I can understand that it is frustrating to wait for a game in development, it is frustrating sometimes for the developers themselves as well. They really want to finish this game, but the reality is that the games' popularity has increased massively which is good in terms of company economy (of course!) but it is also bad because there are ever increasing demands on the back-end, the netcode, it brings the attention of more cheaters, and so on. All of this has forced the development to divert resources toward other things. And that's not mentioning everyone having to shift the way they work due to working from home mostly (about 20% just recently returned to the studio).

The developers want of course to complete the maps, the mechanics they have planned, story mode, and so on. But meanwhile there are glaring issues, particularly related to cheaters and netcode. As a dev studio we cannot ignore this feedback from the community. But it surely has changed the pace of things.

We understand your frustration!

Please take a break and come back later on maybe? :)

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Shortstacker
4 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

Hello keptas!

I can understand that it is frustrating to wait for a game in development, it is frustrating sometimes for the developers themselves as well. They really want to finish this game, but the reality is that the games' popularity has increased massively which is good in terms of company economy (of course!) but it is also bad because there are ever increasing demands on the back-end, the netcode, it brings the attention of more cheaters, and so on. All of this has forced the development to divert resources toward other things. And that's not mentioning everyone having to shift the way they work due to working from home mostly (about 20% just recently returned to the studio).

The developers want of course to complete the maps, the mechanics they have planned, story mode, and so on. But meanwhile there are glaring issues, particularly related to cheaters and netcode. As a dev studio we cannot ignore this feedback from the community. But it surely has changed the pace of things.

We understand your frustration!

Please take a break and come back later on maybe? :)

 

 

Well said.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
AzureChimes
7 hours ago, Shortstacker said:

No one has a problem with pointing out issues with the game, it is in beta after all.

The issue that most sensible people have, is reading yet another “im quitting and here’s my reasons why”. 
 

Here’s a hint, no one cares why you’re quitting! 

"No one cares why you're quitting?

Then why are you here? Besides brown nosing the mods mud clam?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Evilwayz

1. I feel like being upset over a story mode is like playing PUBG, Apex Legends or DayZ doesn't have a story mode. To be honest story mode sounds more like icing than a necessity. 

2. I would rather have them focus on the real problems of the game like cheating. Cheating is destroying the game more than any other problem. That is just a simple fact. 

At the end of the day you need to realize this is not some major game company that has been making games for decades. This is a new company that is learning from their first game. It is always going to be a process. I personally find the game extremely fun still despite all its short comings. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Cloak
17 hours ago, Keptas said:

I played for 7 months and there is a lot of reasons why I stopped paying. This game is fun and trilling when you are noob, but when you get decent at it, learn maps and mechanics it's becomes very stale and boring.

Development is so slow that in that time BSG added customs, woods expansions some guns, some qol improvements and that's practically it. Cultists are so broken that it looks that they are coded by a student. AI in general are just aimboting sonic hedgehogs and to kill them you need to cheese game mechanics. Tarkov is just collection of ideas without real understanding how to stich them all together. This game even don't have a real economy or balance. 

There is no end game. Just the same rush to spot a or b and extract with some fights in-between. 

There is no realism. At this point it's more similar to quake then to milsim. Just pop magic stims and go bunny hopping, healing and no scoping. It's like 6 years in to development and tarkov moves more to opposite direction. Don't fool yourself it wont turn into different game overnight. With twitch tournaments it will stay the same.

And there is bugs and cheats... This game is client based without proper packet validation so that means there will always be cheaters.

Future plans regarding streets. No doubt It will be the biggest map, but it will be the same like any other maps. And I bet there will be even more desync in 40 player map. Don't forget BSG reputation regarding optimization. I bet half of players won't get decent FPS there.

Everything is just COMING SOON, but in reality this game has no release date in sight. There are like 4 or 5 maps missing, half NPC factions and not a single story line mission.

Don't forget that developers don't play this game. They have warped perspective of it and balance changes prove that.

This list can go on and on. 

No doubt I will try it year later, but I doubt that much will be changed.

Just take a long break. Quit holding your breath for this game. I have. Not like we can get a refund anyways. (Which has left a bad taste in my mouth btw. Doesn't make me feel appreciated as a customer.) 

There are other games out there to play. Hell, I went back to Warzone cause EFT is no better than that game right now. I might even play some Stalker: Anomaly. My point is just let go, come back later. Maybe it will prove you wrong. Or not. Who care's it's not the end of the world just gotta look to the next game that does it better. If ever. 

Edited by Cloak
Link to post
Share on other sites
bobdole513

I always chuckle when I see folks just say 'take a break and come back', because after a year or so of playing, nothing has changed except gimmicks to get more players paying to play. I love what I think EFT could be, but I also think the emissaries, mods and devs have a slight adversarial relationship as they think that everyone that complains in this forum is just whining as opposed to taking some of the notes to heart and kicking them around the round table meetings instead of kicking around stuff like shorting in game gas stock and trader inventories. The OP has some valid complaints that I believe are echoed on an almost daily basis, but it just keeps getting swept under the rug by white knights who love the idea of bunny hoping down hall ways and mythical full auto hipfire abilities that this game evolves into after the first few golden weeks of fun following wipe.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Cloak
11 minutes ago, bobdole513 said:

I always chuckle when I see folks just say 'take a break and come back', because after a year or so of playing, nothing has changed except gimmicks to get more players paying to play. I love what I think EFT could be, but I also think the emissaries, mods and devs have a slight adversarial relationship as they think that everyone that complains in this forum is just whining as opposed to taking some of the notes to heart and kicking them around the round table meetings instead of kicking around stuff like shorting in game gas stock and trader inventories. The OP has some valid complaints that I believe are echoed on an almost daily basis, but it just keeps getting swept under the rug by white knights who love the idea of bunny hoping down hall ways and mythical full auto hipfire abilities that this game evolves into after the first few golden weeks of fun following wipe.

But none of that matters. What are we to do? Throw a Riot? Long as the masses aka reddit, twitch, CEO are happy. And they keep making bank. They'll continue to just use this forum to pep talk us down. They have the money. And they won't give any refunds. So the only option I see is. You move on, come back later. And if EFT hasn't change to players satisfaction. Well, just let it collect dust and forget about it. And never buy another product from BSG again. ¯\(°_o)/¯

Edited by Cloak
Brain is fried, complete sentences are hard.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hellinabarrel

It's changed a lot since this. Back when all we had was shotguns and makarovs. 

I even throw away a graphics card since they had no value :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Demonslayer1246
18 hours ago, Keptas said:

I played for 7 months and there is a lot of reasons why I stopped paying. This game is fun and trilling when you are noob, but when you get decent at it, learn maps and mechanics it's becomes very stale and boring.

Development is so slow that in that time BSG added customs, woods expansions some guns, some qol improvements and that's practically it. Cultists are so broken that it looks that they are coded by a student. AI in general are just aimboting sonic hedgehogs and to kill them you need to cheese game mechanics. Tarkov is just collection of ideas without real understanding how to stich them all together. This game even don't have a real economy or balance. 

There is no end game. Just the same rush to spot a or b and extract with some fights in-between. 

There is no realism. At this point it's more similar to quake then to milsim. Just pop magic stims and go bunny hopping, healing and no scoping. It's like 6 years in to development and tarkov moves more to opposite direction. Don't fool yourself it wont turn into different game overnight. With twitch tournaments it will stay the same.

And there is bugs and cheats... This game is client based without proper packet validation so that means there will always be cheaters.

Future plans regarding streets. No doubt It will be the biggest map, but it will be the same like any other maps. And I bet there will be even more desync in 40 player map. Don't forget BSG reputation regarding optimization. I bet half of players won't get decent FPS there.

Everything is just COMING SOON, but in reality this game has no release date in sight. There are like 4 or 5 maps missing, half NPC factions and not a single story line mission.

Don't forget that developers don't play this game. They have warped perspective of it and balance changes prove that.

This list can go on and on. 

No doubt I will try it year later, but I doubt that much will be changed.

Most of this is tests. You see, when a game is in Beta, those who play it are the dummies. They are testing to see what the armor vs bullets should be, how well scavs are, etc. You weren't around when most of what you said was completely different. Scavs were once complete trash with no human-like movement or proper aim. The developers do play this game. Why do you think they've changed so much? They actually played the game, watched gameplay, and read community comments. If AI were as dumb as a rock, would you have more fun? Is it fun killing brain-dead npcs that have as much skill as a 4 year old trying to ride a bike? For the bugs and cheaters, this game is in BETA. BETA means it is not out and it is something all games should try having. This is what it looks like to have no story, no major goals, and no endgame. It is all tests because, eventually, it will come out and have a story and be completely different to the point where a large amount of the players who played it to push people and kill will leave and never come back. The AI will eventually be more human and the gameplay will be more smooth (aside from those who think they can play the game with the oldest gpus in the world). You are basically attacking a 5 year old for not knowing Trigonometry. Eventually, the child will learn. You give it time, do you not? Just an fyi, you cannot consider a single game realistic. If you made a realistic shooter, the games would last many hours or days and it would be tiring and a constant hassle to the point where it would have many interested people that all leave after a day of playing it. You cannot remove what makes a game fun and say that it will be better. Who cares if they jump around dropshot, quickscope, or whatever. Get better and learn how to deal with them or give up and cry about it. I left the game twice and what I have learned is that everything that is not glitch or bug related is entirely your fault. You died to someone jumping a corner? Your fault. You lost 300k gear and 200k loot from a grenade? Your fault. Like most new players, you complain. A game rushed out will never succeed. Do you need to look at the release day of Cyberpunk again just to prove to you that this game has to be perfected in order for it to fully release? You shouldn't give up on the game because you can't deal with players. If it is boring, spice it up. Try to make guns that are fun to use or just murder pmcs with the PPSH for a few matches. Fun isn't always about getting out with all the best gear and gpus. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
blazinfasstt
22 minutes ago, Demonslayer1246 said:

Most of this is tests. You see, when a game is in Beta, those who play it are the dummies. They are testing to see what the armor vs bullets should be, how well scavs are, etc. You weren't around when most of what you said was completely different. Scavs were once complete trash with no human-like movement or proper aim. The developers do play this game. Why do you think they've changed so much? They actually played the game, watched gameplay, and read community comments. If AI were as dumb as a rock, would you have more fun? Is it fun killing brain-dead npcs that have as much skill as a 4 year old trying to ride a bike? For the bugs and cheaters, this game is in BETA. BETA means it is not out and it is something all games should try having. This is what it looks like to have no story, no major goals, and no endgame. It is all tests because, eventually, it will come out and have a story and be completely different to the point where a large amount of the players who played it to push people and kill will leave and never come back. The AI will eventually be more human and the gameplay will be more smooth (aside from those who think they can play the game with the oldest gpus in the world). You are basically attacking a 5 year old for not knowing Trigonometry. Eventually, the child will learn. You give it time, do you not? Just an fyi, you cannot consider a single game realistic. If you made a realistic shooter, the games would last many hours or days and it would be tiring and a constant hassle to the point where it would have many interested people that all leave after a day of playing it. You cannot remove what makes a game fun and say that it will be better. Who cares if they jump around dropshot, quickscope, or whatever. Get better and learn how to deal with them or give up and cry about it. I left the game twice and what I have learned is that everything that is not glitch or bug related is entirely your fault. You died to someone jumping a corner? Your fault. You lost 300k gear and 200k loot from a grenade? Your fault. Like most new players, you complain. A game rushed out will never succeed. Do you need to look at the release day of Cyberpunk again just to prove to you that this game has to be perfected in order for it to fully release? You shouldn't give up on the game because you can't deal with players. If it is boring, spice it up. Try to make guns that are fun to use or just murder pmcs with the PPSH for a few matches. Fun isn't always about getting out with all the best gear and gpus. 

That's not what a beta is...

Also, press enter every now and then for fucks sake.

  • Like 1
  • Cold 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Demonslayer1246
23 minutes ago, blazinfasstt said:

That's not what a beta is...

Also, press enter every now and then for fucks sake.

I don't agree with them putting it in beta. Should be alpha, but they do what they do. If you have trouble reading words like they are a book, consider glasses?

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...