7.62x39mm Ammo Balance

King_Scrub

Hello!

Are there any plans to balance/change the 7.62x39mm amuntion? Currently i don't really see a reason to use BP ammo if I expect to go against players with level 6 armor. Compared to the smaller AR rounds(namely 5.56) BP is just worse at the very high end. It does have greater damage, but at a cost of much lower penetration(at least for combating level 6 armor). And to make things worse the 5.56 guns fire much faster than the 7.62 AKs. With those two things together m995 would on average actually take less bullets to kill a player to get chest wearing level 6 armor. And because 5.56 also fires much quicker the time to kill disparity is great. The 5.56 guns also can achieve a much lower recoil. To that end why would anyone use a 7.62 AK when the M4 or HK has better ammo recoil and fire rate?(again only speaking level 6 armor) so for players who are running the best gear that entire ammo type is almost useless to us because it will put us at a massive disadvantage against other top gear players. So more specifically are there plans to add a 7.62x39 round better than BP? Or the buff BP? Or nerf M995? Because at least from a game design perspective a slower firing gun with a larger bullet should have higher damage, which it does, but it also needs to kill in less bullets than smaller calibers that are fired faster. Maybe I'm wrong and BP is good where it is, but personally I like AKs slot and it seems like there's a lot of reasons not to use them and only a few in favor.

Im actually an SKS guy myself, I just like the feel and the sound of it. And BP does fine. Id argue class 6 isnt that entirely common also.

But your ultimate point still stands, high rate of fire is king in this current state of tarkov. With the current recoil mechanism, the meta is definitely large mags and dumping the whole thing into a guy.  And god forbid if you actually try to burst fire...