Game Sporadically Crashes PC after hitting play, have to fully reinstall to play game again

TheDestruktr

Hello, the title pretty much says it all. This issue does not happen to me ALL the time. Probably every other time I go to start the game It will crash my PC and I have to reinstall. It does not seem to actually reinstall the game however, it just runs through the whole process. On succeeding crashes, it tells me I need 18GB of space and I still have 50, the same as the first reinstall. However, sometimes the game will crash when I hit play but my PC just freezes and doesnt go into a bluescreen. When THAT happens, I just need to restart and the game validates its files and lets me play. This crash only happens to me once a day, as it will start up just fine after I reinstall. I can then close the game and open it again smoothly, no crashing. This had been happening over a year ago, but for about 4-6 months I didnt crash and I thought it had been patched. I run an AMD ryzen 5 3600 and a Vega 56 gpu both with updated drivers. I can update the post with DxDiags or other info if needed. Thanks

TheDestruktr

Bumping this bc its still affecting me. If I should send a support ticket or move the thread to a different sub I can.

Jsaccs

Sorry about the luck. It probably wont help but at least in my case, my game crashes when my GPU is overclocked.