Game files aren't installing

TeslaMaster86

TeslaMaster86

Recently bought EFT. Have tried to install the game 4 times already , now trying it for the 5th time.  I can't find the game files. The download location is /Battlestate Games/EFT   when I start the download the game creates the EFT folder ,but doesn't put any files in it and shows Error: 108003  after complete install of the  game. Just don't know what to do I have read different forum topics, but never seen something like this.

Devineus

Yep same here.... Been that way for months. Every so often I re-download to see if its fixed and nothing. Get comfortable or refund.

Chinjangs
9 hours ago, TeslaMaster86 said:

Recently bought EFT. Have tried to install the game 4 times already , now trying it for the 5th time.  I can't find the game files. The download location is /Battlestate Games/EFT   when I start the download the game creates the EFT folder ,but doesn't put any files in it and shows Error: 108003  after complete install of the  game. Just don't know what to do I have read different forum topics, but never seen something like this.

Oh well. Hi there, I was on discord just now talking to you. I'm trying to search up the error code and found this XD

TeslaMaster86

@sindre1099 delete the launcher and the game , run the launcher setup as administrator, if it asks you to download Microsoft C++ visual 20XX you are good to go, if not (that happened to me) delete one of your old ones and then run the setup again as administrator it should ask you to download the Microsoft C++ visual 20XX  then download the game. 

Chinjangs
19 hours ago, TeslaMaster86 said:

@chindanaid the thing u said I should do worked! I really greatfull that you helped me out.

Screenshot (72).png

You're welcome, and I'm glad it worked out! Have a good time playing man ! ❤️

Chinjangs
13 hours ago, sindre1099 said:

so what was the fix ? i also have this problem 

This was what I suggested to Mr @TeslaMaster86:

Firstly, I would recommend you send a support ticket via https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/support. It would take a while until they are going to reply to you.

Meanwhile, I would recommend you uninstalling the launcher and the game completely, and dont reinstall right away, maybe leave it for a day or two and make sure you restart the computer before you proceed.

Possible Solution#1
Try downloading & reinstalling https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784 and/or https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/Download/details.aspx?id=48145

Possible Solution#2
Try to launch the game, the launcher, and the installer as admin

Possible Solution#3 - someone having launcher issues also had done this and it worked
I uninstalled the game from "add or remove programs" then ran the install.exe as administrator and it prompted me to install another C++. After full install it allowed the launcher to open.

Good luck,
Chinjang

Disclaimer: I'm not representing customer support and may not be able to provide 100% accurate fixes.
All these "Solutions" are gathered from different forum posts, FAQ and other people who I've previously talked through and fixed their issues. Please consult the support via support ticket for better ways to solve your specific issues.

Edited by Chinjangs
Added disclaimer
Noxay
Am 8.3.2021 um 03:16 schrieb Chinjangs:

This was what I suggested to Mr @TeslaMaster86:

Firstly, I would recommend you send a support ticket via https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/support. It would take a while until they are going to reply to you.

Meanwhile, I would recommend you uninstalling the launcher and the game completely, and dont reinstall right away, maybe leave it for a day or two and make sure you restart the computer before you proceed.

Possible Solution#1
Try downloading & reinstalling https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784 and/or https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/Download/details.aspx?id=48145

Possible Solution#2
Try to launch the game, the launcher, and the installer as admin

Possible Solution#3 - someone having launcher issues also had done this and it worked
I uninstalled the game from "add or remove programs" then ran the install.exe as administrator and it prompted me to install another C++. After full install it allowed the launcher to open.

Good luck,
Chinjang

Disclaimer: I'm not representing customer support and may not be able to provide 100% accurate fixes.
All these "Solutions" are gathered from different forum posts, FAQ and other people who I've previously talked through and fixed their issues. Please consult the support via support ticket for better ways to solve your specific issues.

Hello there, firstly, thanks for posting possible solutions. I tried all of them and i keep getting this error message with the error code 108003.

The launcher completed the download. Now the launcher is checking the downloaded files. During this process, the launcher stops checking the files and the mentioned error message with the code 108003 pops up.

I downloaded the game 5 times now and nothing is working. I contacted the support via the launcher. Any new/other solutions?

ErrorCode108003.JPG

Edited by Noxay
Noxay
Am 15.3.2021 um 13:12 schrieb Noxay:

Hello there, firstly, thanks for posting possible solutions. I tried all of them and i keep getting this error message with the error code 108003.

The launcher completed the download. Now the launcher is checking the downloaded files. During this process, the launcher stops checking the files and the mentioned error message with the code 108003 pops up.

I downloaded the game 5 times now and nothing is working. I contacted the support via the launcher. Any new/other solutions?

ErrorCode108003.JPG

Am 15.3.2021 um 13:27 schrieb Xarc:

@Noxay Try a free VPN just for download.

Hello there, i contacted the support. The support gave me a direct downloadlink where i was able to download the current / live version of Tarkov without the launcher. It's a .rar file. The support told me to unpack the .rar file into any folder. Then i had to set the game path (within the launcher). I chose the folder i unpacked the .rar file to. Then the launcher is automatically checking the files. And again the launcher was popping up errors and told me that the files are corrupted. The launcher forces me then to re-install the game again.

Now i will tell you about how I fixed it. This fix is only for Fritz!Box router users and this fix might not work for you. I changed something in the settings there.

So i have done the following for my Fritz!Box router:

1) Login into the interface from your Fritz!Box

2) Scroll down and click on Content

3) Scroll down and click on Fritz!Box Support

4) Scroll down and uncheck hardware acceleration active

I dont know why, but Fritz!Box users may not get every packet when downloading something from the Tarkov-servers. The downloaded files could be corrupted so you cant install the game then.

So after setting up the steps mentioned above, i downloaded the game via the direct downloadlink again. I was able to unpack all the files without any error then. No more corrupted files. (Also i recommend not to download via Firefox, because i got some corrupted downloads there, too. I recommend using Chrome).

I just wanted to share a possible fix which worked for me atleast. And maybe it will help other users who are using a Fritz!Box as router. 🙂

Edited by Noxay
  • Upvote 1
K3RMOO
On 3/7/2021 at 8:27 PM, TeslaMaster86 said:

@sindre1099 delete the launcher and the game , run the launcher setup as administrator, if it asks you to download Microsoft C++ visual 20XX you are good to go, if not (that happened to me) delete one of your old ones and then run the setup again as administrator it should ask you to download the Microsoft C++ visual 20XX  then download the game. 

Hello.

Where can i find the old Microsoft C++ visual 20XX files to delete them?

Edited by K3RMOO