First Impressions

LETMEREGISTAR

So I started playing a couple of days ago, I wanted to give my first impressions and what can be improved from that perspective. 

Account Registration: You need to sort out account registration. I hate using gmail, but in the end I was forced to create a gmail account just to registar in order to buy the game. I tried @outlook, @hotmail, @protonmail, and even @gmx. None of them worked. Ironically when I mistyped the email for @protonmail, it was excepted, why? It seems completely broken atm. Anyway, I saw that the reasoning for not accepting hotmail was due to emails getting filtered as spam or something, which okay, sucks. But why disable it? You know that there are accounts already using hotmail right? All this change does is turn people away who would otherwise have purchased the game. And if it's because you can no longer send ads/news letters to the hotmail accounts due to the filtering, well guess what? the same applies to gmail, I'm never going to look at that account, so it's the same as if I were to use hotmail, and I assume it's the same for anyone else in my position. 

Card Payments: Another issue I had was that I couldn't even buy the game with any debit card, I tried two separate accounts and two cards. But apparently the verification process is broken, they are suppose to charge a small sum for verification purposes, but nothing is taken out of the account. Resulting in an inability to purchase the game. I had to go through paypal to purchase it, of which I also despise using paypal. And the payment company that handles the direct debit payments is worthless, they literally told me to contact my bank as if they could somehow do something about not being charged a verification fee. You need to fix that payment method.

Tutorial: Moving onto gameplay; usually I'm not one to complain about a lack of tutorials or in-game guides. But honestly this game when you first load in literally tells you nothing. I think there should be tutorials in offline mode on each map that guides you to certain places, such as extracts, loot, scav location, sniper scavs, etc. End of the day, this is a game, it's not real life. If I wanted realism I would go join the armed forces. There's plently of unrealistic mechanics I can argue if realism is anyones argument.

Player knowledge: New players are at a severe knowledge disadvantage, guides are going to help somewhat, but until you play more and get first hand experience then you're pretty much screwed. That's usually why games tend to have match making, but it looks like that's not going to be a thing; fair enough I guess. But there needs to be something in place to allow new players to die a lot without going bankrupt or just rage quitting in the process. Here's what I suggest:

-Make insurance completely free until you reach level 10.

-Extend the medical treatment to be free beyond level 5 (I think that's when It ended for me).

-Change the "find shotguns in raid" quest. I have not found a single one of these yet, maybe I'm just unlucky, either way it's not helping my progress. Maybe this isn't an issue right after a wipe, but multiple months after it seems impossible to find one of these weapons.

-Just like how there are exploration, looting, killing, and extracting EXP rewards. There should be a "Victim" EXP reward, as long as you entered the match with at least one item worth a certain amount of rubels x account level, then If you get killed while holding/wearing that item, you'll get an EXP reward depending on how much higher the killers account level is to yours. Just a little thing to help newer players progress in the early stages when they get killed by older players constantly.

Found in Raid: Allow items placed in the alpha container to be "found in raid" when you are killed while your total stash worth is under X amount. This is mostly going to apply to newer accounts with lower stash values complete their early quests and reduce the amount of rubels lost.

Flea Market: Reduce the level on flea market, level 10 seems way too high as I already ran out of stash space due to high value items just sitting in my stash being useless for me. I think level 7 or 8 would be far better as personally that's when I started to really struggle for space.

Wipes: I was asking my friends what it's like to play right after a wipe vs months after, and they all said that the game is easier due to fewer players having access to higher grade weapons, ammo, armour, etc. This isn't something I've had first hand experience in, but I can see the logic in that. I think catch-up mechanics can be a double edged sword at times, but I think here there is some merit to it. As a suggestion; let's say you just joined the game 3 months after a wipe, then your account could possibly get a limited time XP boost, reduced cost of insurance/healthcare, etc. This is of course assuming that wipes would be continual, which I think they should be (like every 4-6 months), at least until the game is in a position to have a proper endgame of sorts. 

Last Thoughts: While I think some players for some reason think that new or bad players aren't welcome and shouldn't have a helping hand, I think the opposite. If a game isn't for you, it isn't for you. But please can we not ignore the fact that the more a game hinders a player from enjoying the game, the less player base there will eventually be. I don't know about you, but I'd rather not end up having 10, 15, or even 30 minute queue times later down the road (Looks at MWO). If you want to be an elitist, then that's fine, but know that you're literally ruining your own future fun for your current ego boost. I only say this because I've seen far too much of this "your not hardcore enough" attitude. It's actually quite sad to see such stupidity from these people, you know who you are.

Edited by LETMEREGISTAR
behi09ma

hello there, first of all i suggest, research before buying a game, cause i see lots of lack of information in your post.

1 hour ago, LETMEREGISTAR said:

Tutorial: Moving onto gameplay; usually I'm not one to complain about a lack of tutorials or in-game guides. But honestly this game when you first load in literally tells you nothing. I think there should be tutorials in offline mode on each map that guides you to certain places, such as extracts, loot, scav location, sniper scavs, etc. End of the day, this is a game, it's not real life. If I wanted realism I would go join the armed forces. There's plently of unrealistic mechanics I can argue if realism is anyones argument.

still an unfinished product, and there will be tutorials in the future when the game is about to release. be cause lots of changes will come in the future which will change the game mechanisms, so if the add the tutorials now, they will need to do it again after the changes.

about the guides to help you extract or show you the loot or scavs ----> there will be no such thing after the implementation of the tutorials. from the lore aspect, you are a pmc with no clue about the environment that you have deployed. so don't expect a hand there.

1 hour ago, LETMEREGISTAR said:

Player knowledge: New players are at a severe knowledge disadvantage, guides are going to help somewhat, but until you play more and get first hand experience then you're pretty much screwed. That's usually why games tend to have match making, but it looks like that's not going to be a thing; fair enough I guess. But there needs to be something in place to allow new players to die a lot without going bankrupt or just rage quitting in the process. Here's what I suggest:

-Make insurance completely free until you reach level 10.

-Extend the medical treatment to be free beyond level 5 (I think that's when It ended for me).

-Change the "find shotguns in raid" quest. I have not found a single one of these yet, maybe I'm just unlucky, either way it's not helping my progress. Maybe this isn't an issue right after a wipe, but multiple months after it seems impossible to find one of these weapons.

-Just like how there are exploration, looting, killing, and extracting EXP rewards. There should be a "Victim" EXP reward, as long as you entered the match with at least one item worth a certain amount of rubels x account level, then If you get killed while holding/wearing that item, you'll get an EXP reward depending on how much higher the killers account level is to yours. Just a little thing to help newer players progress in the early stages when they get killed by older players constantly.

yeah there will be no matchmaking system in this game. 

imo your first suggestion is considerable, about the 2nd, we got this feature this wipe, there were no such thing in the past so be thankfull for having that :D. the 3rd, is the easiest quest which you don't need to find those shotguns in raid. you can buy it from jaeger if you can't find it in raid, which is pretty common weapon used by normal scavs. don't attach everything for early wipe or mid wipe thing. as a matter of fact, now it is easier than early wipe, cause no one loot those weapons now, but early wipe, everyone need those, so its harder to find one. the 4th, i have no comment for that but the Dev's vision is not like that as far as i know. 

the game will get even harder from this point, the lvling up will get even harder. don't expect such a feature to let you lvl up easier or faster.

2 hours ago, LETMEREGISTAR said:

Found in Raid: Allow items placed in the alpha container to be "found in raid" when you are killed while your total stash worth is under X amount. This is mostly going to apply to newer accounts with lower stash values complete their early quests and reduce the amount of rubels lost.

they added the found in raid thing to first of all stop the rmts bringing items from their stash to people, and stop players gaining profit or exp even after dying in raid. and i believe more restrictions will come to secure containers.

Flea Market: Reduce the level on flea market, level 10 seems way too high as I already ran out of stash space due to high value items just sitting in my stash being useless for me. I think level 7 or 8 would be far better as personally that's when I started to really struggle for space.

again this feature came to stop the new account cheaters and rmts from using the fleamarket in early lvls. it was lvl 5 before now it's 10, but after 1 wipe you will see that, it's not a big deal. and you can buy scav junk box to store those items and if you can't by it, then use high capacity rigs. buy a few of then and store your items there. you have noticed this already, that there is a mini tetris game after the raid, so consider this a game also inside in a game.

Wipes: I was asking my friends what it's like to play right after a wipe vs months after, and they all said that the game is easier due to fewer players having access to higher grade weapons, ammo, armour, etc. This isn't something I've had first hand experience in, but I can see the logic in that. I think catch-up mechanics can be a double edged sword at times, but I think here there is some merit to it. As a suggestion; let's say you just joined the game 3 months after a wipe, then your account could possibly get a limited time XP boost, reduced cost of insurance/healthcare, etc. This is of course assuming that wipes would be continual, which I think they should be (like every 4-6 months), at least until the game is in a position to have a proper endgame of sorts. 

like you said, this is double edge sword thing. questing is much easier mid wipe, but pvping will not be a good experience for sure. but most of the time you can avoid the players if you are not in the good condition of fighting. so after knowing the game and having some experience, you will see that lvling up and getting access to high tier stuff is not that hard that you think.

Last Thoughts: While I think some players for some reason think that new or bad players aren't welcome and shouldn't have a helping hand, I think the opposite. If a game isn't for you, it isn't for you. But please can we not ignore the fact that the more a game hinders a player from enjoying the game, the less player base there will eventually be. I don't know about you, but I'd rather not end up having 10, 15, or even 30 minute queue times later down the road (Looks at MWO). If you want to be an elitist, then that's fine, but know that you're literally ruining your own future fun for your current ego boost. I only say this because I've seen far too much of this "your not hardcore enough" attitude. It's actually quite sad to see such stupidity from these people, you know who you are.

not a good point of view you have there. there are lots of sherpas and experienced players that are helping the new comers and those need help on tarkov discord channel that can do the tutorial which you wanted it earlier, to move with you in raids and show you everything and help people in every aspect of the game. and you can also find lots of videos from sherpas and experienced ones on youtube, which can help you so much for sure.

and ignore those attitudes you mentioned, which there are lots of people who fulfill their lack of personality by doing some dumb shiet and bullying people on internet world.

with all that being said, tarkov is an unfinished product which lots of the thing you see now, will may change in the future, and some new mechanisms will be added too. so play the way that you can have fun with it, and avoid following the meta things, which lots of players do, and they get bored after a while due to using the same method and same gear all the time cause "it is meta and if you are not following that, you are ...."(lots of labels can fit here from their prespective).

this game need time to put into it and for sure needs lots of information to obtain.

good luck and welcome to tarkov 

RACWAR
6 hours ago, LETMEREGISTAR said:

Account Registration

This has been broken for ages. Probably something to do with them being based in Russia. But yeah, it's pretty appalling.

Tutorial

The game is not done yet. You aren't even playing the game. You are playing a preview version of what the game MIGHT be.

Aside from that, I disagree in every aspect of your tutorial suggestion. Not every game out there has appeal to every person. Why can a game not be its own thing without having to cater to a casual audience?

From what I know, there will be a tutorial once the game is done, but it will only teach you basic movement and principles, and that's a good thing. God forbid you have to actually figure something out on your own.

Player knowledge:

Again, strongly disagree. Please name me one semi-realistic military shooter out there that has skill based matchmaking, because I can't think of a single one.

Matter of fact, you will be the play-ball of your opponent in pretty much any competitive game out there, until you get better at it yourself. So why exactly does THIS game need, what no other game out there of its kind has?

There should be a "Victim" EXP reward, as long as you entered the match with at least one item worth a certain amount of rubels x account level

Lmfao. Ok now you're taking the piss. Do you also want a cookie and a warm blanket to make yourself feel better?

Considering that hatchlings and loot gobblers are an issue in this game, it is quite apparent that the aspect of staying alive, instead of running in and dying, is clearly not taken as serious as it should be. And considering that you're playing a game that entirely evolves around making it out alive, means that there actually needs to be more punishment for dying, and not less.

Found in Raid

This just tells me that you clearly haven't played the game enough yet, and don't understand the core principles. The FIR mechanic was a poor choice implemented by the devs to put more emphasis on surviving and to stop exploits of bartering quest items on the flea market. There are other ways to solve this, such as making the flea market FIR only. But sadly the devs haven't gotten around to trying that one yet.

Flea Market:

Again, this shows that you haven't played the game enough & don't understand the core principles. The FM used to be unlocked at lvl 5, but they upped it to 10 in order to keep the early game economy alive for longer and not have everyone get access to everything so early on. As well as preventing the exploit of bartering early needed items.

Edited by RACWAR
LETMEREGISTAR
Posted (edited)

Both of you replied with "the game isn't finished yet" as an argument against tutorials. I'm very much aware the game isn't finished, but why would and should that stop anyone from posting their suggestions. What both of you said doesn't make any sense when we are on a suggestions forum. That part of your argument really baffles me and I'd like to know why you both think like that.

For RACWAR: I think you are misinterpreting what I said. For one I did not suggest a tutorial for movement and basic controls. Although I struggle to understand why you would be against such a thing once the main aspects of the game are complete.

I also never suggested a match maker, though In reality it would be better. In any case, if you want to take the realism route then please explain to me why scavs spawn next to you? that's not very realistic is it? Why does penetration work on a % chance to penetrate? last time I checked, a certain caliber of ammo will either penetrate or not, it also has a lot to do with what gun is firing that ammo. There is no such thing as chance in physics, and body armours are regularly tested to be fit for purpose, so there's that. Please don't go the realism argument, you will not be able to win that argument.   

As for your insult on a single suggestion I made; very immature of you. You sound like a child when you speak like that. It's quite pathetic if you ask me. But as for you suggestion for more punishment, end of the day this is a game that relies on players to play the game. If the game cannot appeal to enough players, then the game dies, which means you lose your fun. Sometimes there needs to be compromises even if you don't like it. I was watching a streamer literally sprinting all over the map, not caring about making noise, being seen, etc. Can you explain why that's a thing? He just straight up out-scaled them due to the skills and gear. It's also not very realistic. But yet my suggestion is bad, even though the skills allows you to scale way beyond a low level character. You can basically grind your way to beat low level players and they stand little to no chance. But forgive me for my "care-bear suggestion" as you implied. 

I am well aware that the flea market was once unlocked at level 5. But I'm specifically saying that the current level for unlocking it is too high.

Also, you do know the title of the thread is "First impressions" right? That would indicate that I haven't played for weeks on end, I can still share my opinion of what a player may experience though. I don't see how that's not a legitimate reason to have an opinion.

Edited by LETMEREGISTAR