Poor performance. Wondering if anyone else having similar issues.

popej

Hello,

I'm lucky enough to own a Ryzen 5900x, GTX 3700, 32gb RAM. The game is installed on a quick nvme drive.

The issue presents in particular when watching 4 other streams on Discord. It has only been this severe over the last week or so, possibly since the last patches/server upgrades. Before now with 4x discord streams running it was nothing like as bad as this.

My framerates now rarely exceed 60fps and when ADS'ing can drop in to the 30's, wheras before it rarely dropped below 60fps and averaged 90fps+ in the same circumstances.

This machine shouldn't be tanking like this. The single core speed on the new Ryzen's is very good so I don't think that should be an issue any more.

Has anyone else experienced poor FPS on a pretty high end machine recently? Have you found any fixes?

Thanks

Edited by popej
kespec

i sometimes have this issue while watching twitch streams, try alt+enter to switch to windowed mode and hit it again to return to fullscreen.

to my experience, some games lose cpu priority of fullscreen mode whilst alt tabbing and quick mode-switching returns it to normal.

alternatively you can download process hacker 2, and adjust the cpu priority of eft to high indefinitely.

popej
3 hours ago, kespec said:

i sometimes have this issue while watching twitch streams, try alt+enter to switch to windowed mode and hit it again to return to fullscreen.

to my experience, some games lose cpu priority of fullscreen mode whilst alt tabbing and quick mode-switching returns it to normal.

alternatively you can download process hacker 2, and adjust the cpu priority of eft to high indefinitely.

Thanks kespec. I've tried the alt+enter thing but not process hacker. I'll give it a go.

dchen4
On 3/9/2021 at 8:56 AM, popej said:

Thanks kespec. I've tried the alt+enter thing but not process hacker. I'll give it a go.

there is one thing i know about tarkove, if you have the game on for long time e.g. 8+ hours, restart or it is going to drop frames and do strange things.