Came Back to This...

Delicious_Tea

Before the last wipe I took a few weeks off to go play other games and prepare for a major office move. Now that things have settled and the wipe is past the immediate craze, I decided to start back up. However, I'm having two issues.

1) Reserve seems to keep getting worse and worse with every patch. I am talking specifically optimization or lack thereof. Micro-freezes occasionally aside, I have never had major issues playing Reserve. I've had no hardware changes nor major software updates and yet both Reserve's audio and visuals are either fine as before or constantly stuttering/freezing. Especially during gunfights or whenever another player is near. If this is due to the regular Tarkov server situation, then so be it, however there is no issues on any other map that I've played since coming back save for Reserve. I've tried the page file enabling tactic to try and see if it helps as was recommended by others. And while it seems to help reduce it at times, I am still getting these spurts of almost unplayable stutters/freezes only on Reserve.

2) Dealing with cheaters is an ongoing and never ending task. I get it. I've definitely posted quite a bit about how bad it is for us on the Asian servers even if we choose to not enable the Hong Kong server. However, watch this video:

That happened all of 20 minutes ago. Long enough for me to cut the snip from the recording and upload it and post this message. I know spawn points suck, and maybe you could tell me this was just an unlucky coincidence. But it's happened a handful of times since I've started re-playing as of last week. I know the spawns on Reserve really well as it's my main map so I know where to dodge or run and gun to take out Scav spawns and PMC spawns. But there is literally nothing I can do for this.

Even if they can't fix the cheaters (if this person is a cheater, which I am inclined to go with), can we please get some sort of fix for the Reserve map? I know it's not only me as people have been going on about it for months even last wipe when I was fine. The map hasn't been hugely changed, so why is it suffering and getting worse?

I should include that I did a full re-install on my SSD after the initial stutters but to no avail.

xCaZx
46 minutes ago, Delicious_Tea said:

Before the last wipe I took a few weeks off to go play other games and prepare for a major office move. Now that things have settled and the wipe is past the immediate craze, I decided to start back up. However, I'm having two issues.

1) Reserve seems to keep getting worse and worse with every patch. I am talking specifically optimization or lack thereof. Micro-freezes occasionally aside, I have never had major issues playing Reserve. I've had no hardware changes nor major software updates and yet both Reserve's audio and visuals are either fine as before or constantly stuttering/freezing. Especially during gunfights or whenever another player is near. If this is due to the regular Tarkov server situation, then so be it, however there is no issues on any other map that I've played since coming back save for Reserve. I've tried the page file enabling tactic to try and see if it helps as was recommended by others. And while it seems to help reduce it at times, I am still getting these spurts of almost unplayable stutters/freezes only on Reserve.

2) Dealing with cheaters is an ongoing and never ending task. I get it. I've definitely posted quite a bit about how bad it is for us on the Asian servers even if we choose to not enable the Hong Kong server. However, watch this video:

That happened all of 20 minutes ago. Long enough for me to cut the snip from the recording and upload it and post this message. I know spawn points suck, and maybe you could tell me this was just an unlucky coincidence. But it's happened a handful of times since I've started re-playing as of last week. I know the spawns on Reserve really well as it's my main map so I know where to dodge or run and gun to take out Scav spawns and PMC spawns. But there is literally nothing I can do for this.

Even if they can't fix the cheaters (if this person is a cheater, which I am inclined to go with), can we please get some sort of fix for the Reserve map? I know it's not only me as people have been going on about it for months even last wipe when I was fine. The map hasn't been hugely changed, so why is it suffering and getting worse?

I should include that I did a full re-install on my SSD after the initial stutters but to no avail.

As for the spawn in death on a scav, it does seem like you "spawn" into the map before you can actually see anything. I say this because if you play with a friend one of you will usually spawn in before the other and if you spawn first you can usually see your friend just standing there waiting to load into the game.

My guess would be this happens when you spawn solo as well and if someone happens across you they can easily kill you. About a week ago I was running through the scav lands and happened across a scav who was just standing still on the side of one of the hills, never aggro'd or anything. I am almost positive it was a player spawning into the raid. 

The stutters and poor optimization doesn't surprise me. I have watched frame rates and it appears that some maps are worse at certain times of day. I don't see stutters very often unless the game "lags" up but I also have a 3060ti so maybe that helps.