Shoreline needs a re-make as well - not as big as other maps, but the spawns and proximity to resort needs to be addressed.

shm0

There's a spawn on Shoreline that no other player can beat you to 2 red key card spawns + Sanitars room and 226 (2 potential LEDx spawns) - arguably 3 with 314 West.  The map has a spawn bottom right that is so far away from everything and can be gatekeep'd by players that spawn further up the road or closer to Resort.

The Resort should be at the very middle of the map, with all players having about equal chance of reaching it at the same time.

Please think about this, and consider a re-work.  Thanks

Naqel

Actually, no it shouldn't.

There should be more places you want to visit other than the resort itself and the loot from the resort should be moved to those places, so that there ISN'T a scenario where everyone wants to rush a single corner of the map 100% of the time.

shm0
1 minute ago, Naqel said:

Actually, no it shouldn't.

There should be more places you want to visit other than the resort itself and the loot from the resort should be moved to those places, so that there ISN'T a scenario where everyone wants to rush a single corner of the map 100% of the time.

Instead of replying "Actually, no it shouldn't"  How about you change your wording to something like "I don't agree, how about this instead.." - starting a conversation by telling someone else they are wrong is not a good way to interact constructively.

To your idea:  I do agree there needs to be more places to go on the map - and the map could be increased in-size to do this, while also doing my suggestion above.  1 Major loot location at the certain, then 4 proximal locations north, south, east, west of the resort - it's a bit like this now, but with the right side of the map is bare, and the north has nothing past resort.

The main problem right now, is like I said - players having a clear advantage with spawn, where other players will spawn and their direct path to the resort itself goes through/past other player spawns.  

Naqel
50 minutes ago, shm0 said:

The main problem right now, is like I said - players having a clear advantage with spawn, where other players will spawn and their direct path to the resort itself goes through/past other player spawns.  

This is not a problem in the slightest.

1. The entire game is built on this interaction, there will always be a collision course for players going to locations because that's just the nature of the beast. It might happen early if you rush or late if you stall/explore, but it will inevitably always happen to all but the sneakiest of rats.

2. Even if you were to somehow design a perfect map, with the ideal and most optimal loot distribution, your spawn will ALWAYS affect your decision making because there will always be something specific you are looking for, that you will seek to reach in as high of a quantity you can get.

3. Maps in Tarkov are not designed to be optimal, they are designed to be interesting: Your spawn position and available extracts are MEANT to affect your decisions on how to progress within the raid (at least for as long as we have raids, rather than a single continuous worldspace).