Jump to content

cheating and packet encryption


Recommended Posts

DirtySancho

I realize it is way easier said than done, but I think packet encryption really needs to happen I can tell instantly  when cheats are back up for tarkov. The game is night and day, I will go from  completely dominating to barley being able to leave spawn. I've hid in very random places and people show up and kill me as if they knew I was there already.  Then an update hits or some server maintenance and it goes back to normal, no more suspicious deaths and the loot gets better as well. During those periods where things get bad a simple google search will show many hacks and  radars available. I main interchange and during these times where I run into blatant cheaters and have suspicious deaths I notice the power never gets turned on and usually when the power doesn't get turned on if I am able to get it on, med storage doesn't have ledxs, kiba doesn't have anything high end, and safe room doesn't have high end items either.  I've heard the pros and cons of packet encryption a million times and I'll tell you right now I'd rather deal with more performance issues than cheaters any day.

  • Like 2
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Jacksmurkreveng

Bro the cheat manufactures just use Robust Scrambling to mask their cheats. The ones that are using injections anyway. Its just job security for everyone involved really.  Which should tell you that a lot of the ones doing this have worked or still work for telecommunication outfits. 

Edited by Jacksmurkreveng
Link to post
Share on other sites
CammmDaddy

@Jacksmurkreveng
I think he is more or less talking about Radar cheats, players use other devices so the Radar is undetectable, by adding packet encryption people woudn't be able to use Radar as easy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
WhatAKlutz

I've been noticing how the hits are not registering on several gray named players. It's becoming frustrating. To go to Loot hotspots 5 minutes into the raid and all the boxes, shelves and file cabinets are mostly empty. Hiding in bushes and having someone sprint towards me from 50 meters away and immediately shoot me as soon as they come up a hill or turn a corner or just throw a nade randomly. To enter a room with a guy with low end armor and see his head wobble like a dashboard dog figurine while seeing blood spatters on the wall, just so he can one tap me and having 0 hits on the stats.

This poo happens every 2 weeks or something.

If Elite Dangerous Odyssey turns out to be decent, i'm removing this game to give space on my harddrive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
tobiassolem

Hello DirtySancho and thank you for your question!

We are already doing packet encryption. This is what has prevented the radar cheats that utilize a separate computer for example.

We have indeed noticed an increase in reports of cheaters recently. Unfortunately this is a part of the process. The cheaters come up with another method to bypass the anti-cheat, our team covers that up, and it repeats over and over. Unfortunately we have not yet come to a point where a multiplayer game does not have cheaters. It's sad.

The cheats will indeed be detected and the cheaters banned. Please help out by reporting these guys. We appreciate it!

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Jacksmurkreveng
On 3/24/2021 at 1:01 PM, CammmDaddy said:

@Jacksmurkreveng
I think he is more or less talking about Radar cheats, players use other devices so the Radar is undetectable, by adding packet encryption people woudn't be able to use Radar as easy. 

Packet encryption is supposedly already on the server. However it does no good unless its point to point encryption. That is a different set of encryption per computer per action. That is way to much to implement. I am sure they do not change the encryption key on the items on the map or even the character models in game. So its easy pickins for the cheat manufactures and every person they get to cheat helps them identify objects on the map. A key is made for all actions client side. They do not care about the server side. That would get them banned quickly.  There are way to many cheaters in this game at the moment. I wish we could go to their houses and beat their asses. However that would be against the law and cheating is not against the law. Immoral yes but not against the law. However you get caught cheating in a casino. Your libel to get you arms broke.  Some one was saying that the encryption changes on items but how could that even be because its not point to point. Your client would not even know what the encryption meant. So you would not be communicating with the other clients or the server . Your computer would not be able to tell where the other person was even do to sound or sight.  I think there is a lot of talk going on but when you weigh the evidence. It does not make sense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
tobiassolem

There's a lot of speculation going on in the community about what is being done, and what isn't. Rest assured that BSG and BattlEye are doing what they can to combat cheaters. These are people who do this for a living guys, not some people who imagined themselves anti-cheat devs one day after reading some stuff they googled and got to it. To assume they do not know what they're doing just because there are cheats is a false assumption.

It's a continuous struggle. On one hand you have cheat-developers working fulltime to crack a hole through the defense, and then the anti-cheat devs work to patch that hole. We will see cheaters come and go in waves, that's just an unfortunate side-effect of multiplayer games these days. And given how punishing death is in game, the incentive for people who can't accomplish much without cheats grows higher.

They will be banned though.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
ACuddlyBadger

Can confirm cheaters have resurged. Got killed by a cheating player scav on reserve. He sprinted up to dome through bushes and gravel while I was crouched behind solid cover with a 20kg loadout on the roof, he comes up and prefires the barrel I was sitting behind, comes up again and head eyes me after I creep to another angle and my buddy in a 2 second span.  He shot my buddy 3 times in the faceshield with a PPSH.  

Before that I got head eyes in a bush by a cheater escorting a noob with a suppressed pistol on customs. 

Cheat developers deserve years in prison and the permanent loss of internet access. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
1018858951

The banned accounts help BSG earn $USD 200Million/MONTH.

THE GAME is made for making money. BSG needs investors, investors need money, money needs more banned accounts. GUYS, think as an adult plz. Stop talkin about cheaters. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Prolapsed
On 3/26/2021 at 8:35 AM, tobiassolem said:

There's a lot of speculation going on in the community about what is being done, and what isn't. Rest assured that BSG and BattlEye are doing what they can to combat cheaters. These are people who do this for a living guys, not some people who imagined themselves anti-cheat devs one day after reading some stuff they googled and got to it. To assume they do not know what they're doing just because there are cheats is a false assumption.

It's a continuous struggle. On one hand you have cheat-developers working fulltime to crack a hole through the defense, and then the anti-cheat devs work to patch that hole. We will see cheaters come and go in waves, that's just an unfortunate side-effect of multiplayer games these days. And given how punishing death is in game, the incentive for people who can't accomplish much without cheats grows higher.

They will be banned though.

I know it'd be difficult and might hurt server performance but a replay system like PUBG or CSGO, where we could download a file and watch back the match after it's finished would help the community find cheaters for you. Anyone using a radar who knows where someone is and goes straight to them would be a prime example of how this could work, likewise anyone teleporting themselves or items would be easy to spot. As would anyone shooting magically.

Link to post
Share on other sites
tobiassolem
On 4/12/2021 at 2:02 PM, 1018858951 said:

The banned accounts help BSG earn $USD 200Million/MONTH.

THE GAME is made for making money. BSG needs investors, investors need money, money needs more banned accounts. GUYS, think as an adult plz. Stop talkin about cheaters. 

Hello. While certainly entertaining to read, these statements are ridiculously false. I know you're probably trolling for the sake of it. But even with the most expensive version, that would imply that BSG are selling 1.8M copies every month. "Thinking as an adult" would imply some basic calculation and deduction.

Paying for an out-sourced anti-cheat, dealing with stolen credit cards, banks retracting funds, and having to deal with other criminal aspects surrounding cheats is not something that "makes" BSG any money. On the contrary, having to legally deal with cheat developers, cheaters, and other types of fraudulent behaviour (an unfortunate side of the multiplayer gaming world) actually is more costly than the opposite.

Furthermore, insinuating that any company would WANT cheaters in their game, having it get the reputation as a "cheater paradise" or similar is NOT something we are pursuing. This is why we have, and continue to spend a lot of resources tracking down and banning cheaters.

To provide a metaphor, a casino does not "profit" from people cheating the system to gain an unfair advantage among their players. Instead it creates problems. And insinuating (even if you're trying to joke) could be seen as slander.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
tobiassolem
30 minutes ago, Prolapsed said:

I know it'd be difficult and might hurt server performance but a replay system like PUBG or CSGO, where we could download a file and watch back the match after it's finished would help the community find cheaters for you. Anyone using a radar who knows where someone is and goes straight to them would be a prime example of how this could work, likewise anyone teleporting themselves or items would be easy to spot. As would anyone shooting magically.

PUBG and CS:GO use quite different mechanics for their games. At a surface level these games are quite similar. But underneath the hood there are many other factors and calculations that would make recording game sessions like these, while not impossible, very demanding on resources. Not only to store the positional data of every PMC, but every NPC, all the individual gun parts used, all the raid loot and positions, including used stationary weapons, reproducing the complex ballistics of different ammunition, etc. - even with a simpler recording system, the data you would get wouldn't be a 1:1 representation, but instead an interpolated representation of stored information - at best such a simulation would be an approximation.

Certainly it could be useful. I'm not disputing that, but it would require a lot of storage, and resources, particularly considering you would need to store and ship the data to each player.

I think it might happen in Arena, as there are no PvE/map loot available on those locations. But for regular Tarkov, it is implausible.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
LenzOA
8 minutes ago, tobiassolem said:

I think it might happen in Arena, as there are no PvE/map loot available on those locations. But for regular Tarkov, it is implausible.

if i see youtube videos of radar hacks that have a live tracker of the exact movement, maybe something like that could be implemented.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
tobiassolem
39 minutes ago, LenzOA said:

if i see youtube videos of radar hacks that have a live tracker of the exact movement, maybe something like that could be implemented.

This is interesting though. A 2D-representation of the raid would be much easier to create and could give a representation of a raid. It could help with catching some cheaters.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...