Jump to content
RedFrosted

Distraction tool

Recommended Posts

RedFrosted

Hey All,

I was wondering what you developers would think about adding distraction items. They could be basic like being able to throw a rock a make a noise away from you or they could be complex like a timed explosion to lure more enemies to that location. This would allow those playing a stealth type run to remain undetected as enemies, whether players or bots go and check out the noise.

Just a possibility. Many times already I wished I had the ability to send someone running toward a noise as I try to make for a safe area or avoid a confrontation.

I believe that many players would like this added to the game.

Thank you for your consideration. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ImERdaddy
5 minutes ago, RedFrosted said:

Hey All,

I was wondering what you developers would think about adding distraction items. They could be basic like being able to throw a rock a make a noise away from you or they could be complex like a timed explosion to lure more enemies to that location. This would allow those playing a stealth type run to remain undetected as enemies, whether players or bots go and check out the noise.

Just a possibility. Many times already I wished I had the ability to send someone running toward a noise as I try to make for a safe area or avoid a confrontation.

I believe that many players would like this added to the game.

Thank you for your consideration. 

Or you can use a weapon with a flashlight to get players to come check out what that light is.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedFrosted
7 minutes ago, ImERdaddy said:

Or you can use a weapon with a flashlight to get players to come check out what that light is.

Yeah exactly!!! Or a Laser!!

Just something to make people unsure where you are. Bots would do the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ImERdaddy

It works

Edited by ImERdaddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedFrosted
On 1/19/2017 at 10:02 PM, ImERdaddy said:

It works

For sure. I think for those who really  have little gear this could go a long way in helping them.

It could add some more depth too. You could really spoke players if you employed it well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hitoki

That would be really awesome to have, or even maybe knocking a wall *Metal gear solid style* just to draw attention.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedFrosted
4 hours ago, Hitoki said:

That would be really awesome to have, or even maybe knocking a wall *Metal gear solid style* just to draw attention.

Hitoki,

Exactly man. Just someway either lure people or throw them off the scent. I realized after playing this game for a long time. Stealth is Key. You live if you are stealthy. You die if you are not. I like the knocking on the wall idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GoonSnake

Turn flashlight on your hand gun then throw it in the middle of the road and watch them come like a moth to the flame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hitoki
6 hours ago, GoonSnake said:

Turn flashlight on your hand gun then throw it in the middle of the road and watch them come like a moth to the flame

The problem is during the day or if you dont have a flashlight, we could have some more options.. What I'm doing very often is, when I know someone is sneaking around I press Y so my character speaks and it draws their attention or I open some noise box, breach doors, Hit my Tomahawk on the wall, those are some options and just wait for them to come.

7 hours ago, RedFrosted said:

Hitoki,

Exactly man. Just someway either lure people or throw them off the scent. I realized after playing this game for a long time. Stealth is Key. You live if you are stealthy. You die if you are not. I like the knocking on the wall idea.

totally accurate man, Stealth is the key for the game, Guess thats why Im playing this more than other games now, Thats my kind of game, challenging and terrifying at the same time, love it. =D

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Colt45MD

This game would be awesome with the ability to throw a rock, bullet casing, etc to make a distraction. Given how great the sounds are this would play well in PVP. Just a thought... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EnvakeoLugaria

Really interesting, so you would only know if its a person if you hear footsteps, but say a rock could just be something falling, they'd need to do something like the possibility of kicking a rock/stone when walking over rubble etc. so you dont know if its someone tricking you every time, if the sounds for distractions are actually never heard other than the distractions, people will know those sounds...

If that makes sense xD

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
necuja

@Colt45MD merged your topic with a pre existing on to avoid multiple posts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedFrosted
On 1/25/2017 at 10:22 PM, EnvakeoLugaria said:

Really interesting, so you would only know if its a person if you hear footsteps, but say a rock could just be something falling, they'd need to do something like the possibility of kicking a rock/stone when walking over rubble etc. so you dont know if its someone tricking you every time, if the sounds for distractions are actually never heard other than the distractions, people will know those sounds...

If that makes sense xD

 

Yeah good point. Just as I said you live or die by stealth. You also live or die by hearing. So that would be a good idea to have slightly different sounds for thrown objects instead of kicked or walked over ones. Which I think they could easily do. But this would really make you listen much closer. I love that part. I love how the sound is so key. It really make the game kind of creepy when you are listening so hard. I love it. What do you think? Will they allow for us to throw things as distractions? Imagine the fear you could bring someone if they are looking close to you and you throw something on the other side of them :) I Love the thought of the panic that will happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2