Why are Viewmodel Animation Capped at ~30FPS?

Notrisky

Hey fellas, I'm just really curious as to why the framerate of animations in the game (most noticeably viewport anims) are capped at around 30FPS? It makes the game feel laggy and janky regardless of the overall performance.

Since EFT is developed in Unity, and I'm 100% sure that keyframe interpolation is a feature in that engine, I'm wondering why BSG would've decided to limit it. Is it to save on memory? Perhaps a manifestation of spaghetti code? And if so, will it ever be fixed?

I hope a BSG dev sees this. Thanks fellas!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Oh, i thought that i'm the only one who cares about it.

3rd person animation are awful because of low framerate. Idk why developers did it so slipshod.

If I had to guess as to why this is, it's likely just to boost performance overall and save resources. The game is built on the older 2016 version of Unity, and probably has some compatibility issues or something along those lines with newer hardware. So, this is just a temporary fix/feature till the game is ported to Unity 2019 with more updated software. I'm sure this will be changed in the future.