Jump to content

0.12.10.0.11565 Patch Notes!


Recommended Posts

BRiiTASH

Limit the fleamarket to Found In Raid Cash only for purchases to limit the amount of loot being exchanged on it for cash and encourage more players to barter/trade loot for other loot.
Any FIR cash exchanged on the fleamarket should lose its FIR status.
This would balance things.

After much consideration I beleive I have figured out the perfect fix to balance the player economy and flea market for all players of all levels.

My solution is a simple one. Only Found In Raid items can be bartered on the flea market, including currency. This means only FIR cash can be used to purchase stuff off of the flea market.

FIR cash would be any Roubles, Dollars or Euros that a player finds in raid or recieves from a trader as a quest reward.

Any cash a player receives for selling an item to a trader does not count as FIR.

Any Cash that is exchanged on the Flea Market loses its FIR status once exchanged.

Any market tax or fees can be paid with Non FIR cash.

This one simple fix would completely change the player economy overnight. No longer would players be able to use the vast hoardes of cash they have saved up to buy vast amounts of gear over the flea market.

Players would instead be forced to use that cash and exclusively make purchases from Traders. This would make Traders the main source of gear for all players, with the flea market being for limited and specific purchases.

 With the vast amount of loot on the flea market currently being purchased for cash atm, players would instead have to rely on the barter system instead, exchanging goods of a similiar value amongst eachother to get the items they want.

This would place a greater emphasis on players collecting any and all loot that they find in raid, as any FIR item could now be bartered for something of a similair or greater value.

Trader caps would also mean players have to use a wider variety of gear that they now purchase from the various traders instead of purchasing the same gear from various players on the flea market.

FIR cash would have a greater value now too, with safes, raiders, scavs and even cash registers now being a players main source of finding cash to purchase with on the flea market, instead of cash they receive from selling stuff to a trader or on the flea market and then using that cash to purchase items off the flea market again.

FIR cash only for the Flea Market is the answer we have been looking for when it comes to the player economy, the great equalizer. It limits a players ability to amass wealth quickly, places a greater reliance on traders for purchases, makes looting safes and cash registers a more important means of accuiring cash, and places a greater need for players to use bartering on the flea market instead of listing items for cash.

It doesnt neccessarily impact a players progression, it simply requires them to adapt their current playstyle and take advantage of the many sources of FIR cash that are currently available ingame such as the safes, cash registers, quests, and killing scavs/raiders.

I understand that to some this may seem like a radical change but it is one i feel in necessary for the health of Tarkov and is one that the playerbase can adapt to most easily.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • tobiassolem

    6

  • ShiroTenshi

    4

  • BRiiTASH

    3

  • steholden1975

    3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Preliminary patch notes for the 0.12.10 patch!   Added  New voices for scav bosses (Reshala, Sanitar and Gluhar)  New actions and conditions of Scavs and sounds for them

There will be no wipe with this patch.

What are you guys hyping? The baby steps this game does? Well, all the lies i heared from Nikita... i dont believe anything here. Fixed AI? We will see in a few weeks, i expect back to normal head eye

Posted Images

cKype
1 hour ago, BRiiTASH said:

Limit the fleamarket to Found In Raid Cash only for purchases to limit the amount of loot being exchanged on it for cash and encourage more players to barter/trade loot for other loot.
Any FIR cash exchanged on the fleamarket should lose its FIR status.
This would balance things.

After much consideration I beleive I have figured out the perfect fix to balance the player economy and flea market for all players of all levels.

My solution is a simple one. Only Found In Raid items can be bartered on the flea market, including currency. This means only FIR cash can be used to purchase stuff off of the flea market.

FIR cash would be any Roubles, Dollars or Euros that a player finds in raid or recieves from a trader as a quest reward.

Any cash a player receives for selling an item to a trader does not count as FIR.

Any Cash that is exchanged on the Flea Market loses its FIR status once exchanged.

Any market tax or fees can be paid with Non FIR cash.

This one simple fix would completely change the player economy overnight. No longer would players be able to use the vast hoardes of cash they have saved up to buy vast amounts of gear over the flea market.

Players would instead be forced to use that cash and exclusively make purchases from Traders. This would make Traders the main source of gear for all players, with the flea market being for limited and specific purchases.

 With the vast amount of loot on the flea market currently being purchased for cash atm, players would instead have to rely on the barter system instead, exchanging goods of a similiar value amongst eachother to get the items they want.

This would place a greater emphasis on players collecting any and all loot that they find in raid, as any FIR item could now be bartered for something of a similair or greater value.

Trader caps would also mean players have to use a wider variety of gear that they now purchase from the various traders instead of purchasing the same gear from various players on the flea market.

FIR cash would have a greater value now too, with safes, raiders, scavs and even cash registers now being a players main source of finding cash to purchase with on the flea market, instead of cash they receive from selling stuff to a trader or on the flea market and then using that cash to purchase items off the flea market again.

FIR cash only for the Flea Market is the answer we have been looking for when it comes to the player economy, the great equalizer. It limits a players ability to amass wealth quickly, places a greater reliance on traders for purchases, makes looting safes and cash registers a more important means of accuiring cash, and places a greater need for players to use bartering on the flea market instead of listing items for cash.

It doesnt neccessarily impact a players progression, it simply requires them to adapt their current playstyle and take advantage of the many sources of FIR cash that are currently available ingame such as the safes, cash registers, quests, and killing scavs/raiders.

I understand that to some this may seem like a radical change but it is one i feel in necessary for the health of Tarkov and is one that the playerbase can adapt to most easily.

This is why you don't work for BSG, couldn't read more than 20%

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
TacticalCupcake

Someone told me BSG uses BattleEye's lowest Tier of Anticheat Available...Is there any truth to this? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
iiiTRiBEiii

Aw yeah, thx for continually improving!

Do you also think sorting craftable items by level of location would be the dogs balls? As in how merchant items for sale can be toggled by level. Dogs. Balls.

Link to post
Share on other sites
tobiassolem
9 hours ago, Oscar_Syx said:

Someone told me BSG uses BattleEye's lowest Tier of Anticheat Available...Is there any truth to this? 

Pretty much every rumor regarding the anti-cheat is made up on the spot by people who for whatever reason get their kicks off by spreading damaging misinformation. This includes your "someone". To put it simply, its a lie.

The reality is that outsourcing the anti-cheat is quite costly, not only in terms of money, but in terms of implementation and cooperation. It requires extra resources to deal with all the damage done indirectly through credit card frauds, stolen accounts, and reverted transactions. And that's not mentioning the worst part of it, which is the broken game immersion for our players.

People cheating is hurting the game in so many ways, that it is well worth investing in these countermeasures! Unfortunately we are in a situation where a part of the problem is players who are frustrated (for genuine reasons!) but for some reason make things worse for us by saying such things. The amount of resources spent in fighting cheaters goes beyond what the developers ever could envision from the start. It's taken a lot of focus away and actually delayed the development process.

So please, while I understand it is tempting to speculate about this, don't make things up, or listen to people who make things up. The vast majority of these "rumors" are inventions from angry people who take pleasure in trying to damage us.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
pseudoMessias
vor 15 Minuten schrieb tobiassolem:

Pretty much every rumor regarding the anti-cheat is made up on the spot by people who for whatever reason get their kicks off by spreading damaging misinformation. This includes your "someone". To put it simply, its a lie.

The reality is that outsourcing the anti-cheat is quite costly, not only in terms of money, but in terms of implementation and cooperation. It requires extra resources to deal with all the damage done indirectly through credit card frauds, stolen accounts, and reverted transactions. And that's not mentioning the worst part of it, which is the broken game immersion for our players.

People cheating is hurting the game in so many ways, that it is well worth investing in these countermeasures! Unfortunately we are in a situation where a part of the problem is players who are frustrated (for genuine reasons!) but for some reason make things worse for us by saying such things. The amount of resources spent in fighting cheaters goes beyond what the developers ever could envision from the start. It's taken a lot of focus away and actually delayed the development process.

So please, while I understand it is tempting to speculate about this, don't make things up, or listen to people who make things up. The vast majority of these "rumors" are inventions from angry people who take pleasure in trying to damage us.

 

 

This is like fresh air breezing. Clear and simple. Thanks for this. It happens not very often these times...

The sad thing is, i want this game to succeed but i want it before im old and slow. Its a bit harsh but it makes much more sense for me to cut it off and build a new one. Maybe Escapefrom... 2.

I really cant tell what the game will looks like if it gets the final state. And when will this be?

Are you planning to work on this "project" for a decade or more? A never ending story like "star citizen"?

If so... idk part 2 would be better for me. Sell the new maps as addons and go for the next game. For the next one you could take your time and release it as a f... final version. Like every serious developer would prefer!

I guarantee i will buy it...

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
HowlinWolf_PL
19 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

Factory expansion and the new boss will happen this year. Before Streets of Tarkov. In fact there's also another map that will be added before Streets of Tarkov, it is called Lighthouse. So the order is:

 

Factory expansion -> Lighthouse -> Streets of Tarkov

 

 

LOL 0_o is that correct, no one mentioned about it before i believe...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
BRiiTASH
12 hours ago, cKype said:

This is why you don't work for BSG, couldn't read more than 20%

It will happen. I was calling for items sold on the fleamarket to be restricted to FIR only long before BSG made the change. Given enough time BSG will likely make the same change i am suggesting now. Just you wait and see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
matosch83

Thx @bsg dor the hard work and new patch.

Next announcement/podcast just start it with now the patch begins while really patching. People would be more suprised and can talk/discuss happily the patch.

Would be an funny little suprise and they cant complain they want patch now.

Edited by matosch83
Link to post
Share on other sites
MarciiYT

May I ask, when this patch is coming? I'm pretty hyped for the Memory Optimization, and that the game can use more VRAM recuding micro stutters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Philb0
2 minutes ago, MarciiYT said:

May I ask, when this patch is coming? I'm pretty hyped for the Memory Optimization, and that the game can use more VRAM recuding micro stutters.

Patch will be sometime between 29th - 4th

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
ALLynil

Well i cant wait how much less fps i will have with steam audio. It really is a joke. Just scrap this game and start over in better engine. Star Citizen will release sooner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
LenzOA
16 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

Pretty much every rumor regarding the anti-cheat is made up on the spot by people who for whatever reason get their kicks off by spreading damaging misinformation. This includes your "someone". To put it simply, its a lie.

The reality is that outsourcing the anti-cheat is quite costly, not only in terms of money, but in terms of implementation and cooperation. It requires extra resources to deal with all the damage done indirectly through credit card frauds, stolen accounts, and reverted transactions. And that's not mentioning the worst part of it, which is the broken game immersion for our players.

People cheating is hurting the game in so many ways, that it is well worth investing in these countermeasures! Unfortunately we are in a situation where a part of the problem is players who are frustrated (for genuine reasons!) but for some reason make things worse for us by saying such things. The amount of resources spent in fighting cheaters goes beyond what the developers ever could envision from the start. It's taken a lot of focus away and actually delayed the development process.

So please, while I understand it is tempting to speculate about this, don't make things up, or listen to people who make things up. The vast majority of these "rumors" are inventions from angry people who take pleasure in trying to damage us.

 

 

can you please answer his question? you just gave a non-answer that i expect from a politician who doenst want to talk about something.

Link to post
Share on other sites
pseudoMessias
vor 2 Stunden schrieb LenzOA:

can you please answer his question? you just gave a non-answer that i expect from a politician who doenst want to talk about something.

 

vor 18 Stunden schrieb pseudoMessias:

To put it simply, its a lie.

you´re welcome.

Link to post
Share on other sites
sgtbare
On 3/27/2021 at 1:36 AM, BRiiTASH said:

Limit the fleamarket to Found In Raid Cash only for purchases to limit the amount of loot being exchanged on it for cash and encourage more players to barter/trade loot for other loot.
Any FIR cash exchanged on the fleamarket should lose its FIR status.
This would balance things.

After much consideration I beleive I have figured out the perfect fix to balance the player economy and flea market for all players of all levels.

My solution is a simple one. Only Found In Raid items can be bartered on the flea market, including currency. This means only FIR cash can be used to purchase stuff off of the flea market.

FIR cash would be any Roubles, Dollars or Euros that a player finds in raid or recieves from a trader as a quest reward.

Any cash a player receives for selling an item to a trader does not count as FIR.

Any Cash that is exchanged on the Flea Market loses its FIR status once exchanged.

Any market tax or fees can be paid with Non FIR cash.

This one simple fix would completely change the player economy overnight. No longer would players be able to use the vast hoardes of cash they have saved up to buy vast amounts of gear over the flea market.

Players would instead be forced to use that cash and exclusively make purchases from Traders. This would make Traders the main source of gear for all players, with the flea market being for limited and specific purchases.

 With the vast amount of loot on the flea market currently being purchased for cash atm, players would instead have to rely on the barter system instead, exchanging goods of a similiar value amongst eachother to get the items they want.

This would place a greater emphasis on players collecting any and all loot that they find in raid, as any FIR item could now be bartered for something of a similair or greater value.

Trader caps would also mean players have to use a wider variety of gear that they now purchase from the various traders instead of purchasing the same gear from various players on the flea market.

FIR cash would have a greater value now too, with safes, raiders, scavs and even cash registers now being a players main source of finding cash to purchase with on the flea market, instead of cash they receive from selling stuff to a trader or on the flea market and then using that cash to purchase items off the flea market again.

FIR cash only for the Flea Market is the answer we have been looking for when it comes to the player economy, the great equalizer. It limits a players ability to amass wealth quickly, places a greater reliance on traders for purchases, makes looting safes and cash registers a more important means of accuiring cash, and places a greater need for players to use bartering on the flea market instead of listing items for cash.

It doesnt neccessarily impact a players progression, it simply requires them to adapt their current playstyle and take advantage of the many sources of FIR cash that are currently available ingame such as the safes, cash registers, quests, and killing scavs/raiders.

I understand that to some this may seem like a radical change but it is one i feel in necessary for the health of Tarkov and is one that the playerbase can adapt to most easily.

So, I wanna upgrade your idea mainly because I don't like the idea of having 2 types of cash with the same picture as an item. Cash should have the same power, be it FIR or not, it's CASH for crying out loud!

I suggest an alternative to your FIR cash - Bitcoin and/or GP as an alternative

but btc should be overhauled for this to properly work in my opinion. Instead of having blocks of 0.2btc items, it should behave more like a cash item but with decimals up to 10^-8 or if the game doesn't support decimals in items, introduce a satoshi as the smallest unit of btc as it's in real life.[so 100 000 000 satoshi = 1btc]

also mining in hideout should be overhauled too, instead of the current system why not introduce real PoW or somewhat simplified PoW - Proof-of-Work as it's used IRL?
So every 10 mins[block time] new set of X btc is generated and distributed accordingly to all the mining farms in the game, your number of active GPUs/total number of active GPUs in-game = your % reward of X generated btc.

the parameters like amount of btc generated and block time can be adjusted to suit the game balance as necessary or if it's too intensive for the game stability.

I'm aware this is a lot of dev time but hey, I like throwing ideas out there for the game I like.

 

So basically what I'm saying why not use in-game cryptos like btc for trading in flea market?

Link to post
Share on other sites
JoshMan3D

Some things:

I really dig a majority of these changes.

But I've been noticing that the rain in Tarkov is, like, SO much more frequent than when I started playing last wipe. I LOVE the change down in volume for the rain (an absolute necessity - kinda absurd that I can't even hear gunshots over raindrops), can we PLEASE get less frequent rain in this game? I had to abstain from playing yesterday because I didn't feel like losing all my crap in a monsoon to some rando who just happened upon me while I couldn't hear them.

Also, WHY are Fence items getting removed from the market postings? I feel like it was a helpful regulator at points.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Muckilein
Am 27.3.2021 um 01:36 schrieb BRiiTASH:

Limit the fleamarket to Found In Raid Cash only for purchases to limit the amount of loot being exchanged on it for cash and encourage more players to barter/trade loot for other loot.
Any FIR cash exchanged on the fleamarket should lose its FIR status.
This would balance things.

 

99% of the bareter trades in flea from players are scam. Everyone want so much for an item so that every Trader is way cheaper then the trade for the Player. No Thanks.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
MrFreeman79_TTV

I'm so hyped for this patch, steam audio etc. I've been playing games since I was 13 years old and I'm 41 now and I have never seen a FPS this good, balanced and deep. Keep up the good work Battlestate Games, Awesome work!!!!

 

-MrFreeman79

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
catazt

finally some optimization! my friends been having trouble joining raid after the count down to get in raid he always get "connection lost" and cant connect to the raid at all. even with 30 ping

Edited by catazt
Link to post
Share on other sites
suckmyzucc

Super excited, especially about the new weapons and the AI changes! Makes supporting you guys feel well worth it! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Borges80
On 3/26/2021 at 2:13 PM, BRiiTASH said:

Stop nerfing the skills that require players have to grind out to get.

I spent a week of solid grinding to get Max Strength, and now you are nerfing it because some dumb casual player with 100 hours total playtime is upset they cant keep up with actually geared players with over 1500 raids to their name.

Stop punishing players who invest time in levelling their skills to elite.

Stop grinding skills they're constantly adjusting and wiping to get a temporary significant advantage over people lolol 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...