Another bitcoin nerf....really

Evilwayz

25 Graphics cards was 8 hours...then 11.5 hours...now its what 14-15 hours. I understood the first nerf...but at this point you literally doubled the original time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
LeFappinHeretic

Currently players are the richest they've ever been. The majority of the player base has so much money that it's caused a massive inflation to everything on the market. It needs a nerf. 

• Like 2
  • Hot 2
  • Upvote 1
Caster89Actual
1 hour ago, LeFappinHeretic said:

Currently players are the richest they've ever been. The majority of the player base has so much money that it's caused a massive inflation to everything on the market. It needs a nerf. 

Nah Nikita just needs to stop thinking this is eve online or something and not tie in game items to real life commodity's .

• Like 1
  • Cold 1
  • Sad 1
LeFappinHeretic
1 hour ago, Caster89Actual said:

Nah Nikita just needs to stop thinking this is eve online or something and not tie in game items to real life commodity's .

I believe the way they're going with it now is extremely cool. If you don't like it cry about it and move on from the game. They're making THEIR game how they want to. The realistic market prices are fine they just need to remove the ways to get said items that are worth so much to reduce inflation hence the nerfs to the bitcoin farm.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Harvg123
2 hours ago, Evilwayz said:

25 Graphics cards was 8 hours...then 11.5 hours...now its what 14-15 hours. I understood the first nerf...but at this point you literally doubled the original time.

How much money do you have in total? not stash value but available cash?

Caster89Actual
16 minutes ago, LeFappinHeretic said:

I believe the way they're going with it now is extremely cool. If you don't like it cry about it and move on from the game. They're making THEIR game how they want to. The realistic market prices are fine they just need to remove the ways to get said items that are worth so much to reduce inflation hence the nerfs to the bitcoin farm.

Well since they are making the game specifically for themselves they might as well not even sell the game.

please stop trying to justify their crummy decisions, you are only encouraging more mistakes.

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1
Evilwayz
8 hours ago, Harvg123 said:

How much money do you have in total? not stash value but available cash?

You make decisions to put graphics cards into your farm rather than sell them on the market. 25 Graphics Cards is approx 35-40 million in items. The worse you make the bitcoin farm the longer the break even point is. 

It is not remotely fair to keep changing it mid wipe when we have already made the decision to make the farm.

• Sad 1
Alexandre_5
11 hours ago, Evilwayz said:

This is supposed to be hardcore have you seen the price of bitcoin?
With 2 weeks in the new wipe everyone already have millions.

Evilwayz
31 minutes ago, Alexandre_5 said:

Once again...if you want to make these changes fine, but do it not in the middle of the wipe. 

Current day it takes me roughly 30-35 days to break even. This means loss of revenue of using graphics cards in my farm instead of selling them. That is a cost to me. You take this into account when deciding to create a bitcoin farm compared to selling the graphics cards on the market.

Then after we have made that decision, then you decide to keep making that farm less and less worthwhile.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
LeFappinHeretic
16 hours ago, Caster89Actual said:

Well since they are making the game specifically for themselves they might as well not even sell the game.

please stop trying to justify their crummy decisions, you are only encouraging more mistakes.

It's not a mistake. People have way too much money this wipe. The only thing I consider a mistake is making it harder to upgrade your hideout mid-wipe. It hurts those who started a little late. 

7 hours ago, Evilwayz said:

Once again...if you want to make these changes fine, but do it not in the middle of the wipe. 

Current day it takes me roughly 30-35 days to break even. This means loss of revenue of using graphics cards in my farm instead of selling them. That is a cost to me. You take this into account when deciding to create a bitcoin farm compared to selling the graphics cards on the market.

Then after we have made that decision, then you decide to keep making that farm less and less worthwhile.

To be fair, you made the choice to use your cards in your farm vs. selling them, high investment high reward (eventually)

Caster89Actual
3 minutes ago, LeFappinHeretic said:

It's not a mistake. People have way too much money this wipe. The only thing I consider a mistake is making it harder to upgrade your hideout mid-wipe. It hurts those who started a little late. 

To be fair, you made the choice to use your cards in your farm vs. selling them, high investment high reward (eventually)

And people have all this extra money bbeeccaauussee?.

S5_Mr_Wiggle
33 minutes ago, LeFappinHeretic said:

oh boy i just installed this new farm cant wait to turn profit in 7 months and not worry about money problems any more.

(BSG) HEY GUYS GUESS WHATS HAPPENING NEXT WEEK

• Hot 1
ACuddlyBadger

BSG needs to start removing things that have no purpose in combat interaction because it just complicates the game and BSG has lost sight of what being in raid is supposed to feel like. We don't have vaulting, we don't have climbing, we don't have character inertia, we don't have body armor hitboxes, we don't have proper recoil mechanics and and recoil control. We don't have a proper gun modding/parameter system. We don't have a more in depth damage and healing system. Getting shot in the lungs in this game looks like me pushing 2 hotkeys to fully recover in 30 seconds and carry on sprinting with 30kgs of weight like a superhuman. 

1. Remove BTC and the farming of it. 
  2. Ensure through whatever method that the supply of money and items is never infinitely increasing.
  3. Wipe everybody's entire account except for experience, skills, quest progress, and quest reward items. Questing for Epsilon and THICC case every wipe makes me want to quit the game, the questlines suck that much.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Nutcracker87

What does it matter if theres changes. What do people need dozens of millions for anyway i can barely spend anything running good gear.

Bitcoins are worth way too much anyway. 

Edited by Nutcracker87
Evilwayz
On 4/2/2021 at 9:52 AM, Alexandre_5 said:

I am a bit lost at this explanation. Do you know what you have to do to build your hideout to get bitcoin level 2 and 3. Then not to mention the cost loss of not selling those graphics cards.

All these changes do is make the game more grindy. This constantly happens in every game that I play. The developers keep making the game more and more grindy and eventually the player base starts to dwindle. 

Understand this is coming from the perspective of someone who simply wants to go out and PvP. I do not rat, extract camp or hatchet run.

The more you make changes like this, the more you promote this kind of behavior. Lower rate players have to resort to methods that are going to turn them a profit. This means they need to rat to get that jump advantage. Extract camp...same concept...or hatchet run without the chance of loss. 

If someone has a small stream of income then they are able to buy kits and care less about going out and dying. For me this means more straight up fights. More players with gear, less getting shot from corners and bushes, and less extract campers. Just better PvP...which is what this game should be. 

RAIDx

Its easy, next wipe dont play the game. And then will see if return the changes. 

If he want to troll us without fix the servers, dont stream and dont play. Is the best weapon against troll nikita

• Upvote 1
Dsmiff85

I know alot of people will be unhappy with this but these nerfs are in fitting with how bitcoins in real life. 

The more people mining them and putting more power into the network the longer/ harder it is to generate a bit coin

Real life explaination of how the difficulty varies.

Yes, the difficulty of mining in Bitcoin is variable and adapts to the competition that participates in the network. This mining difficulty is provided by an algorithm. This algorithm ensures that the difficulty has the ideal value, so that miners can produce a new block approximately every 10 minutes.

If we observe this in an extreme scenario, where the price of Bitcoin falls to extremely low values, mining would not be profitable at all. So many miners would abandon the network. But since the difficulty is adjustable according to the hash power of the network at a given moment, it would decrease and adjust automatically. Thus opening the doors to smaller miners, who could, at least for a time, extract bitcoins again as at the beginning: from a desktop or laptop computer.

As such if we are going to to have the price of bitcoin track the real world price then it makes sense to have it also tracking the real work difficulty in acutaly mining a bitcoin.

• Like 1
chrisragnar

As I always said. Make the farm require FIR GPUs so people can't just get a full farm by running to computers on interchange and then logout with GPU in their secure. That would slow down the bitfarm money gain substantially.

Note that this is not the intended way to get GPUs, it's an exploit pretty much. And I'm sure it's the only way people are getting full farms so fast at no cost except wasting their real life time doing hatchet runs.

Edited by chrisragnar
jockmcplop

I played this game more than ever this wipe to try and get as far as even having a bitcoin farm. By the time I get it everyone else has reaped the rewards and I get virtually nothing in comparison.

How frustrating. This might be the last wipe I play until release.

USECMaverick

In the future updates, GPUs will have durability, so enjoy what you have for now

ShiroTenshi

I, for one, am of the opinion that bitcoin farming time should be dependent on the number of players actually doing it. The more farmers, the long it takes for any one user to get a full bitcoin.

Majlo

I think having bitcoin in EFT in the first place is wrong. I would be happier with bitcoin removed entirely.

• Like 1
Majlo
15 hours ago, Dsmiff85 said:

As such if we are going to to have the price of bitcoin track the real world price then it makes sense to have it also tracking the real work difficulty in acutaly mining a bitcoin.

If we must have BTC and BTC farming in the game (which I'm against), I completely agree with this.

Wolfens_Razor
On 4/6/2021 at 6:59 AM, jockmcplop said:

I played this game more than ever this wipe to try and get as far as even having a bitcoin farm. By the time I get it everyone else has reaped the rewards and I get virtually nothing in comparison.

How frustrating. This might be the last wipe I play until release.

Exactly. All the streamers who play 14 hrs a day had a maxed farm within two weeks of the wipe and regular people who actually work for a living and maybe get two or three hours in a day at most just now finished the farm. Its  a crock of BS.

JerryLove

As someone with no bitcoin farm (I really wish they would stop putting these behind levels... if I can put in the resources to build the hideout, I should be able to, no matter what level I am with Jager or how good my metabolism is)... 

But... as someone with no bitcoin farm, I welcome the deflation.