Is it part of the appeal of the game to deter new players

wintermute808

wintermute808

Hello,

I noted as I am new to this game that the new player experience is....challenging. I decided to move onto other games due to the steep curve but am wondering if this player base is predominantly veteran players and if that's part of the appeal?

defurbis

Most satisfying learning curve to conquer in any videogame, just get to level ten and throw m61 in a hunter with a elcan and a supressor and the svd stock if your ween is just absolutely massive then the game opens up and gets better but I play this game alot and still get poo on. Most of the time you will have no chance to keep yourself from dying, you will just get caught in a bad spot and that is just how it is your not bad or anything u just got f u kd. Right now being new and under level ten is probably the hardest it has ever been especially because it is late wipe, just keep grinding run a bunch of scavs and try to get to level ten for now but when the wipe comes u will really see the goodness of tarkov. took me over 1000 hours to get a survival rate of 60ish.

• 3 weeks later...
sKSp33d

i just hit level 30 so fairly new still, and yet i find questing or "completing tasks" are a ton more easier when 5 people at once arent trying to complete the same task i'm doing, at this point of the wipe, everyone is more concerned about pvp in the high traffic area's such as resort or cabins on shoreline, i've ran to radar station uncontested several times lately from a far spawn with no issues, but if you're expecting a easy loot run into marked rooms then yeah you're gonna have a rough time playing the game vs chad's running around controlling the area's.

Skypris

So it's appeal isn't to deter new players. I think that's disingenuous to phrase it that way. Dark Souls, The Hunt, Escape From Tarkov, etc do appeal to those who look for and can appreciate overcoming challenge. If it deters people, it deters them but that's not an *intention* so much as an uncompromised vision for the game for those who would enjoy it (rather than trying to reach largest general audience) since not any one individual is owed an easy time in the game. There's no shame if the game is to difficult to come to grips with either. If you like it, you like it. If you don't, you don't. It's not made for everyone.

Now, admittedly I am new myself and it is challenging but I've managed. Scav runs and Offline Raids help absorb time and coming to terms with the nuances of the game. Don't do group play unless you join with someone from Discord or something as you'll likely get spawn farmed.

At the end of the day, if you're having a "bad time," maybe ask for help rather than doing some snide remark like your title. It might not have been intentional but how you approach problems can greatly influence how you can solve them and/or the help you can get. I'm sure people can point you to Discord servers and/or would be willing to walk you through the paces.

Edited by Skypris
  • 2 weeks later...
sharbat

It wouldn't hurt to make a "newbie island" to only put newbies into the same game, let's say all accounts who are only 1 month old and below level 10.

It also wounld'nt hurt to implement skill based matchmakuing. I was watching some streamer again and they either get cheatet or get out of the raid, because the game is either unwinnnable vs a cheater or too easy.

Right now, as a bad player you win 10% of the time, as a good player90% of the time. This is unfair.

sherifu
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, sharbat said:

It wouldn't hurt to make a "newbie island" to only put newbies into the same game, let's say all accounts who are only 1 month old and below level 10.

It also wounld'nt hurt to implement skill based matchmakuing. I was watching some streamer again and they either get cheatet or get out of the raid, because the game is either unwinnnable vs a cheater or too easy.

Right now, as a bad player you win 10% of the time, as a good player90% of the time. This is unfair.

Sorry, but the game is supposed to be hardcore, a couple of players asked for skill based matchmaking and BSG totally denied it since this idea would go against the vision of EFT. It's not easy at the beginning because that's how it should be: punishing. Once you pass the steep learning curve things will get easier.
The closest you will get to the "skill based matchmaking" is with the Arena Mode that will release soon-ish, you can read more details about it here:

About the "newbie island" I'm pretty sure that will also never happen. In the future there will be a tutorial in which you will learn the basics of the game if I remember correctly.

Edited by sherifu
  • Like 1
VladiSlave
Posted (edited)

I'm Lvl 3 and i leave this game.

It is absolutely impossible to play when every match i get killed by people with recoiless LMGs and armored as tanks. There is nothing to learn, nothing to lvl up, and i made zero profit. Now i have only knife.

It's not "hardcore", it is bad design. And it will be "Beta" forever.

Edited by VladiSlave
  • Cold 1
Xarc
7 minutes ago, VladiSlave said:

It is absolutely impossible to play when every match i get killed by people with recoiless LMGs and armored as tanks. There is nothing to learn, nothing to lvl up, and i made zero profit. Now i have only knife.

Forget the PUBG and find yourself a team.

VladiSlave
1 час назад, Xarc сказал:

Forget the PUBG and find yourself a team.

I never played PUBG.

The "team" in this game is fun thing too. Levels 30, 40, 50 get squads full of noobs, so match had only 3-4 geared players, who then just kill their "teams" without any resistance. So it leave location for 3-4 people to loot.

Never seen worse than this. And it's just 2 days of playing.