Extremely bad performance no matter what I do.

The_Wolf0

So, I recently got back into Tarkov, and was immediately noticing that I was getting way worse performance than I have ever tried, we are talking around 30-40 FPS when running around Factory, sometimes 50 if I'm lucky. I tired following a few tutorial taking me through all the steps of optimizing your settings for max framerate and still no increase in performance.

Specks:

GPU: NVIDIA GTX 970      (I know this is low-end but hold on for a minute)

CPU: I7-4790 4.00GZH (Overclocked to 4.2)

RAM: 16GB DDR3

The game is running on an SSD

The Image I have added is an offline Factory raid with me standing in a corner for around 5 minutes as you can see nothing no cores are maxing out neither are my GPU and physical memory on my GPU is only running around half. although I am noticing high RAM usage.

I'm at a complete stand still at this point with no idea what to do, I can play because almost every time I enter a fire-fight my drops to 15-20 FPS for the first few seconds and I'm usually dead by then.

In-game fps.PNG

puttehi

The graphics settings need to be optimized per system. My system runs almost TWICE the FPS on med-high settings compared to low settings so try playing around with the settings.

Also, enable MIP streaming on the bottom right of graphic settings, go to audio settings and disable Binaural audio to reduce load (enable afterwards if game is working good) and then restart the game completely to enable the changed settings. Report back.

I'd expect 100 FPS on Factory, 40-80 FPS in general with your system.

• Upvote 1
On 4/8/2021 at 8:40 PM, puttehi said:

The graphics settings need to be optimized per system. My system runs almost TWICE the FPS on med-high settings compared to low settings so try playing around with the settings.

Also, enable MIP streaming on the bottom right of graphic settings, go to audio settings and disable Binaural audio to reduce load (enable afterwards if game is working good) and then restart the game completely to enable the changed settings. Report back.

I'd expect 100 FPS on Factory, 40-80 FPS in general with your system.

Thanks a lot, I tried tweaking some settings back and forth and my FPS shot up to around 100-120 on Factory, Although I  did noticed that the pain effect on you screen eats up around 20 FPS... so thanks Nikita.. 
but this was just what I was looking for so thanks. 

What do you expect from a 6 year old system with a literal boundary pushing game yet to be released?

16GB of RAM is also the minimum when it comes to modern gaming, which wouldn't be a problem if it at least was fast, but considering that, again, your hardware is very outdated for a game that keep getting bigger and more detailed.

• Sad 1
19 hours ago, RACWAR said:

What do you expect from a 6 year old system with a literal boundary pushing game yet to be released?

16GB of RAM is also the minimum when it comes to modern gaming, which wouldn't be a problem if it at least was fast, but considering that, again, your hardware is very outdated for a game that keep getting bigger and more detailed.

I know, but as I was describing the was not even able to utilize the full potential of my hardware that is what my problem was, and In the past I've had no trouble running even shoreline with 80-100+ FPS, that is why I thought It was wired that I suddenly had no more than 40 on Factory. even though I know the game keeps evolving.