Replacing existing anti-cheat software

metkiyprizrak

Hello, I've searched in support for this topic without success; so I want to try a constructive conversation here.

There are at least two reasons for replacing battle-eye.
First is the lack of consensus about how effective it is, secondly it is the only barrier for many people wanting to avoid windows.

So, instead of adding to the negativity, I want people brainstorming possible answers.
Some considerations for conversation (All factors should also be compared to the existing solution 'battle-eye'):

How effective is this solution?
How easy will it be to implement/port to?
How much will it cost?
How demanding on pc resources is it?
Does it run natively in gnu/linux?

One answer is the Steam platform.
Another is killcams (viewed after end of raid), with a reporting and jury system to protect skilled players from cheat reports.

Edited by metkiyprizrak
  • 1 month later...
FOSKA

In fact third partying the game to faceit would both get rid of crap servers and even crappier anticheat. However we all know making stuff better is not in the dev's plan.

And killcam would "kill immersion" so it will never be implemented (watching on twitch also kills immersion btw).

• Sad 2
A_Kira

Also current anti-cheat software lacks the feature of banned cheater notification to reporting players.

Majlo
On 5/11/2021 at 2:15 PM, FOSKA said:

And killcam would "kill immersion" so it will never be implemented (watching on twitch also kills immersion btw).

One thing the devs themselves can decide if they want to kill immersion (adding killcam) and the other is out of their control (people deciding to stream).

How do you end up getting these two in a comparison lol?

weeyin

I think your idea of killcam is a great idea but can only be viewed once the server countdown has finished regardless of death. Just so teammates etc can't use the information. 

makeshift011
Posted (edited)

BattlEye is one of the best anti-cheat available.

Why would you even recommend Steam? and I'm hoping you don't say because of VAC, because that's a joke.

The fact of the matter is no matter what anti cheat is implemented you will always experience cheaters in tarkov.

This is a super competitive unforgiving hardcore fps, heavily streamed, and a fairly time-consuming learning curve.

Unlike call of duty or battlefield, in tarkov knowing exactly where loot/enemies gives a game-breaking advantage to a cheater.

Simply put, the harder the game the more "rewarding" it is for a cheater, and the bigger advantage he has over legit players.

Moreover, because of this games popularity, cheaters can make a decent success by streaming themselves playing, while hiding the fact they are cheating. Some are very good at this, even going as far as to have private cheats developed specifically for them.

And here lies the biggest problem, the amount of money made by cheat developers on a monthly basis is staggering.

Developers are making tens, sometimes hundreds of thousands of dollars per month, marketing these cheats.

They wont just stop because there is a new anticheat. And there will always be a way around the anticheat. A good anticheat like battleye is active on known and underground cheating forums and gathering information to discover and detect any new exploit methods, thats how we get these ban waves.

Edit : Also, know that aside from ban waves, players are constantly being banned from detected cheats and just being blatantly obvious. My recommendation is just keep hitting that report button if you suspect a player is cheating, and find some sort of peace in knowing that player WILL eventually be banned, and have to buy the game all over again.

Edited by makeshift011
  • Like 1
oliviamails
Posted (edited)

Secondly, a custom software development company like https://mlsdev.com/services/custom-software-development must be able to work with an extensive variety of software development platforms. In addition, your software development process will run smoothly as the company has many experienced professionals that can help you adapt your software to the ever changing world of software platforms. Your software should be usable and able to handle all kinds of business operations. This can be especially beneficial for those who are operating on several platforms and/or are looking to customize their software to handle different functions. A good company will be able to create custom software solutions that meet the diverse needs of your company.

Edited by oliviamails
  • Confused 1
wiru223
Posted (edited)

killcam after match(raid end) in my opinion, the best solution

Edited by wiru223
Alexandre_5
On 5/18/2021 at 10:40 AM, wiru223 said:

killcam after match(raid end) in my opinion, the best solution

Yes, indeed that would be the best solution.

sightseeer

Killcam: But if you use a nice camp spot, everyone will know that position. Wasn't it like the reason why they did not want to implement this in the first place? Also saving the exact movement, aim of people playing such that it gets saved for the killcam is additional data/stress.  Servers are going so well, they will surely manage that additonnal task :D

KekkusMaximus

A system similar to CS:GO could be implemented with a few modifications, You could download the footage of that particular instance and review it, this could be useful to better yourself from studying other people's tactics and technique and you could choose to report a fishy player for cheating of bug abusing, said report should be examined, maybe by sherpas or by certified members of the community like in CS:GO you have pro players examining reports of cheating. If a report is approved by enough "community judges" it is brought to developers and moderators that can choose to ban/permaban the player.

Niewiarygodny
On 4/8/2021 at 8:59 AM, metkiyprizrak said:

One answer is the Steam platform.

Did u ever heared of CS:GO? 0 Cheaters cause it's on steam?
Did u ever hear about ANY multiplayers game without any cheaters?

On 4/8/2021 at 8:59 AM, metkiyprizrak said:

Another is killcams (viewed after end of raid), with a reporting and jury system to protect skilled players from cheat reports.

And thats being constantly mentioned on forum for past few years, so instead repeating pros and cons for it, just search for it.

Garf404
Posted (edited)

Honestly, the issue is not BattleEye vs the other anti-cheats.  All of them kind of suck in that their checks are all retro-active (it's very much a cat & mouse game)

The issue is the amount of unnecessary information that the clients get in the first place.  Why does the EFT client need to know the precise location of every piece of loose loot and character in the game?  It doesn't, but it is extra work to hide that.  There are many tricks that can be done by the EFT developers, and cannot be done by anti-cheat software.

I wrote a post with some of my ideas:

Edited by Garf404