Jump to content

I dont even know what to say anymore BSG. . . .


Recommended Posts

Caster89Actual

 

 

 

Actually i DO know what to say.

put scav boss spawn on a timer

don't spawn PMCs within LOS of scav boss

fix scavs so they cant ESP/aim bot you through brush and bushes
 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
RACWAR

I don't see the issue. You spawned and had full cover, you left your cover and ran out into the open and got lit up. Also, you weren't even covered by bushed or anything, those couple of blades of grass hardly covered you, if you would have been them, you would have seen yourself easily as well.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awake

I agree with what you say regarding spawning in LOS of a SCAV boss and SCAV raiders sometimes seemingly see through bushes. 

But what does it have to do with the video you show? In the video I see someone charging out into the open infront of a building without cover or checking angles/windows. Then you are getting shot at and lay down in shallow gras. The raiders charge your last position were you lay down and didnt move away and shoot you. 

The only thing which bothers me in this video is that I wish BSG can somehow balance loot/traders/economy such that highend gear like you are wearing is only available to people who are good in the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Caster89Actual
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, RACWAR said:

I don't see the issue. You spawned and had full cover, you left your cover and ran out into the open and got lit up. Also, you weren't even covered by bushed or anything, those couple of blades of grass hardly covered you, if you would have been them, you would have seen yourself easily as well.

If you don’t see the issue with spawning within LOS to scav boss then I don’t even know what to say to you.

keep blaming the wronged tarkov community, maybe you will feel better about yourself.

4 minutes ago, Awake said:

I agree with what you say regarding spawning in LOS of a SCAV boss and SCAV raiders sometimes seemingly see through bushes. 

But what does it have to do with the video you show? In the video I see someone charging out into the open infront of a building without cover or checking angles/windows. Then you are getting shot at and lay down in shallow gras. The raiders charge your last position were you lay down and didnt move away and shoot you. 

The only thing which bothers me in this video is that I wish BSG can somehow balance loot/traders/economy such that highend gear like you are wearing is only available to people who are good in the game.

I don’t mind them charging my last known position, I do mind when they track me through brush and bushes however.

which TBF in this instance if it were a PMC they likely would have seen me through that short brush since they are on higher ground but I digress. Spawning seems to be something BSG has the most issue with getting right.

Edited by Caster89Actual
  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
RACWAR
3 minutes ago, Caster89Actual said:

within LOS

But you weren't, else they would have started shooting at you as you loaded in.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Caster89Actual
Just now, RACWAR said:

But you weren't, else they would have started shooting at you as you loaded in.

Either you are blind, dumb or trolling.

if I were a betting man I’d bet it’s not the latter.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Caster89Actual
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Awake said:

@Caster89Actual Either you don‘t know what LOS means, are dumb or trolling. 

If I were a betting man I‘d bet it‘s not the latter.

Please oh smart one. Enlighten me.

what do you think LOS means?

i eagerly await to see what kind of mental gymnastics you are going to use to try and say that I didn’t spawn within a LOS to scav boss.

Edited by Caster89Actual
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awake
2 hours ago, Caster89Actual said:

Please oh smart one. Enlighten me.

what do you think LOS means?

i eagerly await to see what kind of mental gymnastics you are going to use to try and say that I didn’t spawn within a LOS to scav boss.

While LOS is an abbreviation for several things, in that context I'm talking about line of sight. Since this is obviously not what you are talking about, I'm eager to hear what you think it means in our context.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Caster89Actual
35 minutes ago, Awake said:

While LOS is an abbreviation for several things, in that context I'm talking about line of sight. Since this is obviously not what you are talking about, I'm eager to hear what you think it means in our context.

I can’t think of any other abbreviations that would fit in the context other than line of sight.

care to explain the mental gymnastics you got going on that makes you think there isn’t a direct line of sight from the oil tanks to the back of knight?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awake
1 hour ago, Caster89Actual said:

I can’t think of any other abbreviations that would fit in the context other than line of sight.

care to explain the mental gymnastics you got going on that makes you think there isn’t a direct line of sight from the oil tanks to the back of knight?

I don't think that there isn't a line of sight from the oil tanks to the back of knight building. I don't doubt that but you are changing topic now. You claimed there was a line of sight from the SCAV boss to you on your spawn and not from the oil tanks to the back of the knight building. Care to explain the mental gymnastics you got going on that makes you think there is a direct line of sight from the boss to you at the spawn?

  • Hot 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Spectator6
4 hours ago, Caster89Actual said:

If you don’t see the issue with spawning within LOS to scav boss then I don’t even know what to say to you.

keep blaming the wronged tarkov community, maybe you will feel better about yourself.

If you don't see the issue with charging headlong toward a location that is KNOWN to be where the Boss might spawn, then I don't even know what to say to you.

Do you rush straight down the main artery of the Interchange mall then complain because Killa lights you up?

C'mon... 

Take the loss. Learn from it. Do better next time.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Caster89Actual
5 minutes ago, Awake said:

I don't think that there isn't a line of sight from the oil tanks to the back of knight building. I don't doubt that but you are changing topic now. You claimed there was a line of sight from the SCAV boss to you on your spawn and not from the oil tanks to the back of the knight building. Care to explain the mental gymnastics you got going on that makes you think there is a direct line of sight from the boss to you at the spawn?

Did you ignore the part where I spawned AT oil tanks?

are you attempting to troll or something?

i can shine a laser from the exact spot I spawned to the exact spot where the scav boss was.

if you are t attempting to troll. . . . Then I don’t even know anymore man, I guess being dumb is now a feature of the community and not a bug.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Caster89Actual
4 minutes ago, Spectator6 said:

If you don't see the issue with charging headlong toward a location that is KNOWN to be where the Boss might spawn, then I don't even know what to say to you.

Do you rush straight down the main artery of the Interchange mall then complain because Killa lights you up?

C'mon... 

Take the loss. Learn from it. Do better next time.

 

I agree that usually rushing to knight from there on the road isn’t a good idea normally. But it was in the first 10 seconds of the raid. . . I mean do you not rush to the closest building when you first spawn in? Cmon man, scav boss spawned in turned and immediately opens up on me.
I’ll accept that next time I’ll have to take the long way around but you have to admit that spawn is dumb AF if I can shine a laser at scav boss from the exact spot I spawn at.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
N1shazu
6 hours ago, Caster89Actual said:

don't spawn PMCs within LOS of scav boss

 

8 minutes ago, Spectator6 said:

If you don't see the issue with charging headlong toward a location that is KNOWN to be where the Boss might spawn, then I don't even know what to say to you.

As said by @Spectator6, the location is know to be a boss spawn, running in the  "open" in the middle of the road towards it isn't the smartest move ever. (not even with that gear on) .That aside, you did not spawn in LOS ( or you would have died in your spawn ) but you moved right into it. The issue here is your positioning.

And yes it was in the first 10 second of the raid, once you spawn you're in a danger zone, there is no chilling just because is the beginning of the raid

Edited by N1shazu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Spectator6
6 hours ago, Caster89Actual said:

put scav boss spawn on a timer

No. The boss is, after all, the boss of the map. So IMO it make sense to have them already there, protecting their turf. Makes things MUCH more interesting.

6 hours ago, Caster89Actual said:

don't spawn PMCs within LOS of scav boss

Agree. But they already do that.

You were not spotted and fired upon immediately at your spawn point. You had to first run toward them in order to "trigger" the Scav Boss's wrath.

6 hours ago, Caster89Actual said:

fix scavs so they cant ESP/aim bot you through brush and bushes

Agree. But again, in this instance, I don't think it applies. You were in a lower position, lying prone in a ditch.

Kind of like how small children cover their eyes and believe other people can't see them. Same thing here. You had your vision "covered" with grass but failed to take into account the rest of your body splayed out in the dirt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spectator6
3 minutes ago, Caster89Actual said:

I mean do you not rush to the closest building when you first spawn in?

Sure, sometimes!

But if that building I'm running toward happens to be a potential boss spawn location, then I go in fully expecting a firefight, ready to rock and roll.

And believe me, like your case here, I had to learn that the hard way myself. Spawned in and immediately rushed into the dorms by the chopper for cover. And yep! Just like you, the Scav Boss and his cronies pulled a Devito "So anyway, I started blasting!" and gave me one way trip back to the lobby.

7 minutes ago, Caster89Actual said:

but you have to admit that spawn is dumb AF

I'd be upset if I was in your shoes too. It's never fun to lose some good gear 30 secs into a raid.

As for the spawn location itself, it doesn't seem too bad IMO. The player has access to the GL in the hills, he can go into the train station, or circle around to the blast door side... The **only** time it jumps up and bites someone is when he immediately rushes Knight and gets caught off guard by ole Glucose (joke mispelling)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
opiat3
5 hours ago, Caster89Actual said:

keep blaming the wronged tarkov community, maybe you will feel better about yourself.

Keep blaming the game and BSG for every single death, maybe you will feel better about yourself.

  • Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Cold 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Caster89Actual
20 minutes ago, N1shazu said:

 

As said by @Spectator6, the location is know to be a boss spawn, running in the  "open" in the middle of the road towards it isn't the smartest move ever. (not even with that gear on) .That aside, you did not spawn in LOS ( or you would have died in your spawn ) but you moved right into it. The issue here is your positioning.

And yes it was in the first 10 second of the raid, once you spawn you're in a danger zone, there is no chilling just because is the beginning of the raid

Literally

can

shine

laser

at

scav

boss

from

exact

location

spawned

from

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spectator6
3 minutes ago, Caster89Actual said:

Literally

can

shine

laser

at

scav

boss

from

exact

location

spawned

from

 

Literally

was

not

spotted

nor

fired

upon

by 

scav

boss

at 

spawn

point

(EDIT: You're correct about the literal term of LOS, not arguing with you there. Just pointing out that, in this case, it's all about whether the boss is triggered or not)

Edited by Spectator6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Caster89Actual
20 minutes ago, Spectator6 said:

No. The boss is, after all, the boss of the map. So IMO it make sense to have them already there, protecting their turf. Makes things MUCH more interesting.

Agree. But they already do that.

You were not spotted and fired upon immediately at your spawn point. You had to first run toward them in order to "trigger" the Scav Boss's wrath.

Agree. But again, in this instance, I don't think it applies. You were in a lower position, lying prone in a ditch.

Kind of like how small children cover their eyes and believe other people can't see them. Same thing here. You had your vision "covered" with grass but failed to take into account the rest of your body splayed out in the dirt.

TBF I have never seen scav boss spawn on the back end of the garage in hundreds of reserve raids I have done. I have only seen him spawn on the front side.

And like I mentioned before in this particular instance no I don’t think the brush was effective concealment my mentioning stopping them from esp/aimbotting through brush and cover is a serious known issue that is complete BS.

i am not in agreement with the you are in the danger zone the second you spawn in. If that’s the case why even bother bringing in even halfway decent gear? It’s kind of like the terminal side of customs spawns.

2 minutes ago, Spectator6 said:

Literally

was

not

spotted

nor

fired

upon

by 

scav

boss

at 

spawn

point

You do know AI has a maximum engagement distance yes?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spectator6
1 minute ago, Caster89Actual said:

I am not in agreement with the you are in the danger zone the second you spawn in.

I agree! I don't think that's healthy either!

Is that what happened here, though?

  • Had you stayed at your spawn location, would the scav boss have actively engaged you? (No)
  • Had you moved toward the backside of the hills, would the scav boss have actively engaged you? (No)
  • Had you moved off to the train area, would the scav boss have actively engaged you? (No)
  • etc etc

The *only* reason the Scav Boss actively engaged you was because you, unfortunately, found yourself running headlong into his "zone" while he had a clear sight to you at the ditch/barbed wire.

4 minutes ago, Caster89Actual said:

TBF I have never seen scav boss spawn on the back end of the garage in hundreds of reserve raids I have done. I have only seen him spawn on the front side.

Yeah, I feel ya on that one! I don't recall ever seeing the scav boss spawning on the second floor of that building before. That's one mean/nasty spawn point :p

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Caster89Actual
2 minutes ago, Spectator6 said:

I agree! I don't think that's healthy either!

Is that what happened here, though?

  • Had you stayed at your spawn location, would the scav boss have actively engaged you? (No)
  • Had you moved toward the backside of the hills, would the scav boss have actively engaged you? (No)
  • Had you moved off to the train area, would the scav boss have actively engaged you? (No)
  • etc etc

The *only* reason the Scav Boss actively engaged you was because you, unfortunately, found yourself running headlong into his "zone" while he had a clear sight to you at the ditch/barbed wire.

Yeah, I feel ya on that one! I don't recall ever seeing the scav boss spawning on the second floor of that building before. That's one mean/nasty spawn point 😛

 

Well at least we agree on some things. I’m still adamant on putting a timer on scav boss spawns for these specific situations and that no one AI or PMC alike should spawn within LOS of each other.

Thank you for at least contributing to the conversation rather than throwing hate around Or blaming the fact that start moving as soon as the raid starts Like 90% of the community does.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spectator6
9 minutes ago, Caster89Actual said:

Thank you for at least contributing to the conversation rather than throwing hate around Or blaming the fact that start moving as soon as the raid starts Like 90% of the community does.

You're welcome @Caster89Actual!

Edited by Spectator6
Link to post
Share on other sites
DatGreatKhan
7 hours ago, RACWAR said:

I don't see the issue. You spawned and had full cover, you left your cover and ran out into the open and got lit up. Also, you weren't even covered by bushed or anything, those couple of blades of grass hardly covered you, if you would have been them, you would have seen yourself easily as well.

The issue is that Glukhar spawns literally less than 100m away from him, and he had no chance of seeing where they were to think "okay I need to play careful and use cover". Scav boss guards are also more aggressive than usual and target you very far away through bushes/fences/etc. even if you don't engage them. I've been one tapped numerous times literally at the edge of the map by Glukhar or his guards without a chance to react.

Even if he didn't have an Altyn, there is no possible way he would have seen his guards chilling outside from there because they start shooting at him before he can even take a good look. That's not "fair" in terms of a spawnpoint.

Quote

You spawned and had full cover, you left your cover and ran out into the open and got lit up.

Quote

if you would have been them, you would have seen yourself easily as well.

Quote

you weren't even covered by bushed or anything, those couple of blades of grass hardly covered you

I really dislike when people like you say stuff like this. You really don't provide any value by using this type of silly logic.

Not even 20 seconds into the raid and he already got shot at, without a chance to painkill because you typically shouldn't be attacked that soon in a raid - especially by a scav boss. The spawns do need to have a rework on Reserve, because there should be no excuse for having someone getting cucked like that. OP has a valid reason to address this as an issue.

Also, another great example of god awful AI is Sanitar - his guards will literally target you 100m-200m away for simply ADSing towards them and not actually shooting. They'll straight up do a 180 and start shooting at you with pinpoint accuracy.

If you are going to act like the state of Tarkov (in terms of AI, in this case) is perfect and doesn't need any changes, then you shouldn't comment at all. The AI for Tarkov is not even close to reflecting decent behavior - and paired with the terrible servers it is even worse.

Edited by DatGreatKhan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...