A fix to Bitcoin economy

Lordgingervitis

Not sure how many people have posted about this topic but here we go. In Recent news BSG announced a  issue with bitcoin. well i have two thoughts that may help. One being you implement A new item that resembles and Antminer, this is what people use to mine the bitcoin. graphic cards just don't have the power for large scale. You can all it a tarkminer. They wouldn't be found in computers however but in servers. Second being a another power source that you can use to run this system, these use  a lot of power. this one is not as necessary. But your ant/Tarkminer would only be for your bitcoin farm. 

antminer.jpg

They might add such things in the future, remember the game is still in Beta and the potential to change on bitcoin mining exists.

There will also be something like GPUs durability, I've heard others talking about it lately.

That is why I threw my idea out there. it would make things more difficult and challenging.   

14 minutes ago, USECMaverick said:

They might add such things in the future, remember the game is still in Beta and the potential to change on bitcoin mining exists.

There will also be something like GPUs durability, I've heard others talking about it lately.

Maintenance is the solution to the problem. Having to replace CPUs, power supplies, graphics cards, and other things over time would be the best method to curb farming being such a game changer. 

• Like 1

I kinda feel like they are barking up the wrong tree a bit. You were making ~3mil max per day on a hideout upgrade that takes months to break even. The solar power upgrade is ridiculously expensive on top of the graphics card cost. After this week's debuffs that seems to be about 1.2mil per day.

That is a tiny tiny tiny amount of money for a good player. I can make that on an average raid. IMO nerfing bitcoin is just removing the dedicated but not chad player base from the game. The ones that took that 3 mil and used it on gear for a few runs.

Lowering the value of bitcoin or adjusting the algorithm used makes more sense to me than directly attacking the hideout but if everyone getting a modest amount of money per day completely breaks your game you have other issues.

Edited by StuDaBaiker
Grammar