Bad Game Decisions

Evilwayz

Nerfing the bitcoin farm 2x and now directly nerfing the value of bitcoin is a big hit to the game and everyone is going to feel the effects on gameplay. Add this to the undisclosed loot nerf which everyone knows happened.

If you haven't already noticed it players have started to become significantly more Ratty. Sitting in corners or bushes. Extract camping. Doing everything they can to maximize their advantage.

25 Graphics Card Bitcoin farm went from 8 hours - 12 hours - 16 hours to make a single bitcoin. Building a farm is not even worth it anymore when you factor in fuel cost. 

Loot has been significantly nerfed on multiple maps. You are just finding less of everything. This means despite less money the price on everything stays where it is. 

That makes every single raid loss more painful and leaves a majority of players losing significant amounts of money.

This is coming from someone who has 40 million in the bank. I have noticed every raid now a majority of the players are no longer running around, but opting to Rat in a corner. Your decisions are negatively effecting the gameplay of even the players who are surviving a majority of raids because of the effect it has on how the lower players play the game.

These are stupid changes. Why should it be bad to make some money after grinding 25 GRAPHICS CARDS....like really...

Why would loot need to be nerfed to this extent. 

• Sad 6
  • Upvote 4
Overkill_Reaper
10 hours ago, Evilwayz said:

Nerfing the bitcoin farm 2x and now directly nerfing the value of bitcoin is a big hit to the game and everyone is going to feel the effects on gameplay. Add this to the undisclosed loot nerf which everyone knows happened.

If you haven't already noticed it players have started to become significantly more Ratty. Sitting in corners or bushes. Extract camping. Doing everything they can to maximize their advantage.

25 Graphics Card Bitcoin farm went from 8 hours - 12 hours - 16 hours to make a single bitcoin. Building a farm is not even worth it anymore when you factor in fuel cost. 

Loot has been significantly nerfed on multiple maps. You are just finding less of everything. This means despite less money the price on everything stays where it is. 

That makes every single raid loss more painful and leaves a majority of players losing significant amounts of money.

This is coming from someone who has 40 million in the bank. I have noticed every raid now a majority of the players are no longer running around, but opting to Rat in a corner. Your decisions are negatively effecting the gameplay of even the players who are surviving a majority of raids because of the effect it has on how the lower players play the game.

These are stupid changes. Why should it be bad to make some money after grinding 25 GRAPHICS CARDS....like really...

They nerfed it because making money this wipe has been so easy it’s basically a forgone conclusion you’ll be continually rich, assuming you grind to get farm.

Although this is anecdotal, all the people I team up with (including me) are so rich we don’t feel the need to even worry about money in the slightest. It was never this way with us any of the previous wipes. This is obviously not the vision BSG had, so the nerf was a necessity I guess. 

• Like 1
  • Cold 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
FlarmBlarg

This isn't COD where everyone should be running around drop shotting and bunny-hopping around corners. The aim of the game is to not Die.. Pretty hard to do when you're being shot at. If you don't like it go back to casual games.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
Pandaw

So because this is a long post heres a tl:dr Bitcoin nerf symptom treating, top tier ammo/gear availability real problem.

Honestly as this is my first ever wipe from day one I think they attacked the wrong thing I agree the economy was not in a good spot but some of us who have the bitcoin farm were finally able to use good guns good gear and decent ammo and if we lost it then it still hurt but it was alright I don't have to rat and hide from every fight. I get it the game is supposed to be a struggle but you are nerfing the wrong people, its turning a lot of people I know away from the game completely they feel all their work is for nothing now and I somewhat agree with them. I would like someone to see all sides of the perspective on one side you have people saying that the best gear and best ammo and best of tarkov should be for those that put in hour and work for the gear and shouldn't just be able to passively wait for money to come in and buy a full kit of it, to which I would respond with if that person is someone like me works full time and doesn't have the time to drop 20+ hours a week on the game to get all that gear but I can log in and get my bitcoin and sell it off stash a little bit in the game that way when I do get play time I can come in buy a kit and have some fun, here's where the counter begins, I don't have the same gameplay experience as that other person running these amazing kits, I don't hit shots they same, I don't know the angles, shoot I don't even know the maps half way, and yet people complain because I had that kit, even when I lose it. Losing that kit hurts but it at least gives me sometime to enjoy the game and feel like hey I did something, and I didn't have to extract camp with a KS23 legging people as they come running up and taking all their stuff. I didn't have to axe run interchange for money I was able to finally experience labs and sure I lost fights in it sure I lost gear but I was able to play the game and some other chad got my gear, so why is that chad complaining. Personally I believe the game shouldn't have nerfed the bitcoin this wipe but next wipe sure that way people know what they are getting into when going for it and grinding it just zero warning bitcoin nerfs are straight up a slap to the face for a lot of players. The real nerf needs to be on gear and ammo I am sorry a lot of people might hate me for this opinion and that's fine, but I am sorry I have killed chads that have put in hours because I had those kits and it became a more equal gun fight and sometimes I can hit a shot (not every time), but the availability of the best ammo and best gear is the issue not the money. Class 6 armor should be a million rubles even with the old economy and ammo that pens class six should not be widely available they say they want the game playable but everyone running around with M61 M995 Igolnik BP 7N31 and so on with mags on mags of it willing to dump it because they know there's more available guess what you still have the chads complaining. Also another thing I would have changed is ammo crafted in the hideout shouldn't get found in raid, because that's part of the problem you have people finding it 5-60 shots at a time in 4-10 raids or you have little timmy hideout chilling crafting m995 and m61 for the chads and anyone else who wants in making far more than what bitcoin pulls in. I know this because I was that little timmy, I would spend a day in the hideout just crafting ap 6.3's and would make more than double in profits than what my level 2 25 gpu bitcoin farm was out putting, the crafting time nerf was a good move but you need to do more and stop gutting bitcoin when people knew it as a steady all be it slow source of income if you could just grind out the gpus and the hideout to get it. 

LenzOA
11 minutes ago, Pandaw said:

Honestly as this is my first ever wipe from day one I think they attacked the wrong thing I agree the economy was not in a good spot but some of us who have the bitcoin farm were finally able to use good guns good gear and decent ammo and if we lost it then it still hurt but it was alright I don't have to rat and hide from every fight. I get it the game is supposed to be a struggle but you are nerfing the wrong people, its turning a lot of people I know away from the game completely they feel all their work is for nothing now and I somewhat agree with them. I would like someone to see all sides of the perspective on one side you have people saying that the best gear and best ammo and best of tarkov should be for those that put in hour and work for the gear and shouldn't just be able to passively wait for money to come in and buy a full kit of it, to which I would respond with if that person is someone like me works full time and doesn't have the time to drop 20+ hours a week on the game to get all that gear but I can log in and get my bitcoin and sell it off stash a little bit in the game that way when I do get play time I can come in buy a kit and have some fun, here's where the counter begins, I don't have the same gameplay experience as that other person running these amazing kits, I don't hit shots they same, I don't know the angles, shoot I don't even know the maps half way, and yet people complain because I had that kit, even when I lose it. Losing that kit hurts but it at least gives me sometime to enjoy the game and feel like hey I did something, and I didn't have to extract camp with a KS23 legging people as they come running up and taking all their stuff. I didn't have to axe run interchange for money I was able to finally experience labs and sure I lost fights in it sure I lost gear but I was able to play the game and some other chad got my gear, so why is that chad complaining. Personally I believe the game shouldn't have nerfed the bitcoin this wipe but next wipe sure that way people know what they are getting into when going for it and grinding it just zero warning bitcoin nerfs are straight up a slap to the face for a lot of players. The real nerf needs to be on gear and ammo I am sorry a lot of people might hate me for this opinion and that's fine, but I am sorry I have killed chads that have put in hours because I had those kits and it became a more equal gun fight and sometimes I can hit a shot (not every time), but the availability of the best ammo and best gear is the issue not the money. Class 6 armor should be a million rubles even with the old economy and ammo that pens class six should not be widely available they say they want the game playable but everyone running around with M61 M995 Igolnik BP 7N31 and so on with mags on mags of it willing to dump it because they know there's more available guess what you still have the chads complaining. Also another thing I would have changed is ammo crafted in the hideout shouldn't get found in raid, because that's part of the problem you have people finding it 5-60 shots at a time in 4-10 raids or you have little timmy hideout chilling crafting m995 and m61 for the chads and anyone else who wants in making far more than what bitcoin pulls in. I know this because I was that little timmy, I would spend a day in the hideout just crafting ap 6.3's and would make more than double in profits than what my level 2 25 gpu bitcoin farm was out putting, the crafting time nerf was a good move but you need to do more and stop gutting bitcoin when people knew it as a steady all be it slow source of income if you could just grind out the gpus and the hideout to get it. 

lol, wall of text. didnt even read the first line

kek.jpg.222bb3f4666d4ad730c54fc7ac565955.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cold 1
  • Sad 1
Servicer_Skynet
On 4/8/2021 at 9:41 PM, Evilwayz said:

...I mean

Personally, I feel like this is how it would feel in Tarkov. Hide, hit the enemy from cover.

Maximize your advantage.

"Oh no, I can't run around covered in armour and toting a weapon capable of killing a man through several walls! I might actually have to hold back!"

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
Overkill_Reaper
51 minutes ago, Pandaw said:

So because this is a long post heres a tl:dr Bitcoin nerf symptom treating, top tier ammo/gear availability real problem.

Sorry bud, I don’t think rambling walls of text are going to convince many that this game should become so easy that most can play relatively carefree. 
I’d even make the argument AP ammo was already far too abundant & cost effective even before this current Bitcoin wipe.

Plus, I’m pretty sure BSG stated the game was only going to get more difficult as development continues. 

• Thanks 1
S5_Mr_Wiggle
55 minutes ago, Overkill_Reaper said:

Sorry bud, I don’t think rambling walls of text are going to convince many that this game should become so easy that most can play relatively carefree. 
I’d even make the argument AP ammo was already far too abundant & cost effective even before this current Bitcoin wipe.

Plus, I’m pretty sure BSG stated the game was only going to get more difficult as development continues. 

difficult is subjective at this point i think they are only making it harder for people starting out and or the people that only use tozes.

Pupedits

10hrs now to get 1 coin srsly.. Imagining new wipe with still increased cost of making all the crap back, and being a working man, who doesn't have 15 hours to spend a day to play this.. wont prob bother next wipe if thats how it goes, all of you saying it's fine, don't realize 90% of the player base aint rich.. there's lots of ppl who are broke and relay on an penny they get, welp enjoy rat fest and camper fest!

QuantumObsidian
23 hours ago, Overkill_Reaper said:

all the people I team up with (including me) are so rich we don’t feel the need to even worry about money

If you don't mind me asking: how many rubles do you have?
I am curious as to what people consider "rich" in Tarkov.

I'm a tad over 27million rubles with a level 2 bitcoin farm. 

gkcx2002
8 hours ago, LenzOA said:

lol, wall of text. didnt even read the first line

kek.jpg.222bb3f4666d4ad730c54fc7ac565955.jpg

Yep, I scrolled right past that  novel. 

gkcx2002

Just like I don't see how cheating is fun. I don't see how it's fun if there is no risk when you are going out on a raid. If the money is unlimited so is your gear. Who cares if I lose a million roble load out. I'll just buy another one for the next raid. If they really want the game to be tough, risky and unpredictable make so PMC's are like Scavs. Make their loadout random! Let's see how many carefree Chads are running around when you spawn with a pistol, one bandage and level 2 armor. 

Blowfeld81

While I think that this late in the wipe the recent changes to bitcoin only hurt the people trying to catch up, the changes are most welcome (even though it puts me at a disadvantage, as I am behind the curve with level 26);

Tarkov is not meant to be a game where everyone is wealthy and bitcoin billionaire.

OP stated that it is not worth it to build a coin farm anymore due to fuel costs, which is total nonsense.

I have bitcoin farm level 1 with (finally) 10 GPUs in it and even with fuel calculated in at bad exchange rates and me producing absolutely nothing in my hideout, I would still make around 500k Rubel per day net profit.  This late in the wipe I will not continue to invest in it, as it takes a new GPU about 50 days of usage to pay for itself and I rather have the money right now, if I find one in raid.

OP needs to understand that BSG not only have to balance for THIS WIPE, but have to make changes for the long run, meaning all following wipes and one day for release version.

I found the timing unfortunate for us newer players and casuals, but I rather have BSG figured it out for a fair next wipe instead of doing experiments all over.

Adapt. Overcome.

Hijack_Dallas
vor 3 Stunden schrieb QuantumObsidian:

If you don't mind me asking: how many rubles do you have?
I am curious as to what people consider "rich" in Tarkov.

I'm a tad over 27million rubles with a level 2 bitcoin farm. 

in the moment you hit 10 million, than you´re rich. Before the flea market, even with 2 millionen you there rich.

Dewdles

Bitcoin is still 600+k that is still way too much for passive money. I thought it was too much last wipe too sitting around 250k every 6hours. I wouldn't actually mind being limited to 1 bitcoin every 24 hours and possibly just remove the idea of filling it with GPUs but that's just me, it's too easy to make money

Edited by Dewdles
  • Like 1
Majlo
On 4/9/2021 at 4:41 AM, Evilwayz said:

f you haven't already noticed it players have started to become significantly more Ratty. Sitting in corners or bushes. Extract camping. Doing everything they can to maximize their advantage.

I see nothing wrong with any of that... That is the direction the game should be heading - slower more thought out gameplay and less rushing in like a headless chicken.

The real "bad game decisions" BSG have made is having Secure Containers, Insurance, the Flea market, found in raid, bitcoin, etc. and the list goes on...

• Sad 1
Evilwayz
2 hours ago, Blowfeld81 said:

OP stated that it is not worth it to build a coin farm anymore due to fuel costs, which is total nonsense.

25 Graphics Card Cost - $45,000,000 .... Lets say another $5,000,000 at least to upgrade your hideout to that level. I am pretty positive that is closer to 10 million. 

That is a cost of $50,000,000

Now if I got 25 Graphics cards immediately, which just is not going to happen that puts us at making 1 bitcoin every 16 hours. $600,000 per bitcoin now. Minus fuel cost of about $150,000 per bitcoin. That gives you $450,000 profit. 

So if you immediately got 25 graphics cards it makes your break even point about 74 days. Add that to the fact that you likely took 2 months to get that many graphics cards. Then you have roughly 4 months of the wipe just to break even. That is with you just grinding maps like interchange. 

How long has the average wipe been? There has been one wipe that was 6+ months. Most wipes are only a few months. Meaning that you never break even on a shorter wipe and it was a complete waste of time. 

Not total nonsense. 

• Like 1
QuantumObsidian
1 hour ago, Dewdles said:

Bitcoin is still 600+k that is still way too much for passive money. I thought it was too much last wipe too sitting around 250k every 6hours. I wouldn't actually mind being limited to 1 bitcoin every 24 hours and possibly just remove the idea of filling it with GPUs but that's just me, it's too easy to make money

I disagree. 600k is not "too much" IMO. Bitcoin may generate passive income, but the farms have to be earnedI've got 25 graphics cards. And that required a hell of a lot of successful raids.... I earned that passive income generator the hard way and I want to reap the rewards. The more rubles per Bitcoin the better

Dewdles
23 minutes ago, QuantumObsidian said:

I disagree. 600k is not "too much" IMO. Bitcoin may generate passive income, but the farms have to be earnedI've got 25 graphics cards. And that required a hell of a lot of successful raids.... I earned that passive income generator the hard way and I want to reap the rewards. The more rubles per Bitcoin the better

You don't need successful raids though, this is part of the reason why there is still the hatchings on interchange/reserve thanks to GPUs not needing the FiR stats for the bitcoin farm. I crafted 30/50 of mine and the other 20 was found in interchange or scav box

ACuddlyBadger

Your first and I assume most important point is that nerfing bitcoin will encourage rat meta. What kind of rat meta? Because the best way I can summarize a rat is a person that doesn't exist until they try to kill you. I see the EFT community is full of taxonomists. 

As for camping bushes and corners, this is very passive and it does not work unless PMC pathing is static enough to predict while playing the game deaf (no hearing fights/steps/scavs) 

Why do you think PMC pathing is static? 

)

If anything I'd imagine that nerfing BTC will crash the value of the most valuable static loot; GFX, AESA, & Tetriz which suddenly makes static loot farming much less appealing. 

If you ask me I think BTC should just get deleted from the game and the game gets a wipe of everything except quest progress, rewards, & stash size, because questing for Epsilon and a usable stash size absolutely sucks balls. 

Passive income does not belong in EFT in any capacity. 

• Upvote 1
Evilwayz
4 hours ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

Your first and I assume most important point is that nerfing bitcoin will encourage rat meta. What kind of rat meta? Because the best way I can summarize a rat is a person that doesn't exist until they try to kill you. I see the EFT community is full of taxonomists. 

As for camping bushes and corners, this is very passive and it does not work unless PMC pathing is static enough to predict while playing the game deaf (no hearing fights/steps/scavs) 

Why do you think PMC pathing is static? 

)

If anything I'd imagine that nerfing BTC will crash the value of the most valuable static loot; GFX, AESA, & Tetriz which suddenly makes static loot farming much less appealing. 

If you ask me I think BTC should just get deleted from the game and the game gets a wipe of everything except quest progress, rewards, & stash size, because questing for Epsilon and a usable stash size absolutely sucks balls. 

Passive income does not belong in EFT in any capacity. 

First off PMC pathing is very static due to loot being prioritized for specific areas of the map. Allow me to give you an example.

Customs

- Dorms, Green Room, Fortress, Crack House

Interchange 

- Texcho, Techlight/Ultra Med, Rasmussen, Kiba

Factory

- Office

You can literally do this on every single map. There are places that have high traffic because that is where the best loot is. I know exactly where to go every raid to find and rat people if I wanted to. 

Also as I already stated they nerfed the loot on the map making it more rare. That is why recently you saw graphics cards jump from 1.5-1.6 million up to 1.9 million. Nerfing bitcoin will just bring it back down towards 1.6 million if it does not stay at the current pricing. So the bitcoin nerf will not drop the market because it was offset by a loot nerf. 

Less Supply = Increase in Cost

FallenWarrior60
On 4/8/2021 at 9:41 PM, Evilwayz said:

I remember in the Alpha when I was balling out with like 6k. That being said I havent played since Ive redownloaded the game so I cant actually comment on any changes.

ACuddlyBadger
12 minutes ago, Evilwayz said:

You can literally do this on every single map. There are places that have high traffic because that is where the best loot is. I know exactly where to go every raid to find and rat people if I wanted to. 

Then why not nerf the insane value of static and easily farmed loot like AESA, GFX, LEDX and increase the appeal of containers, which currently are almost worthless?  That makes it much harder to passively rat people, since passive ratting is also a concern of mine.

As for the economy, burn it down and start over w/ bitcoin removed. Its passive income in a game that requires struggle for scraps in raid. 

Sheevar

I think this nerf affected medium/low tier players.
I feel like the game is now way too hard for casual gamer like me. I can't afford anymore to go in a raid with a decent equip because losing it will be a huge stepback for my condition. 

I'm not that experienced that i can say this nerf is good or not, but i can tell it affected my game experience so bad i only play scav now. Maybe for a veteran is not that bad 

Muckilein

and above this...the Rain should be make 30% less noise but i think there wwas no change. Yesterday from 20:00 to 03:00 we had heavy rain on all maps. It was a nightmare.