HUGE GPU usage drop during raids, making the game unplayable.

F4lco

Hi all, I'm new in the game and the forum. I came here because I wonder if this is a know problem, if is just me and looking for a possible solution, if its exist.

As you can see in the uploaded image, I get huge GPU usage drop during raids, passing from 120 fps to 55 or less. This screen was taken during an offline raid, without even moving the mouse

I have a 9700k, 1080Ti, Ram 32g, game runs on a Nvme. I thinking to quit the game because of this, playing at 50fps when my rig can run the game at 140 or even more is very frustrating...

Looks more like a bug, some kind of memory issue, because the game itself it's not heavy, poor optimization maybe.

2062330501_TarkovGPUusage.thumb.png.1d67b7913189e9125a614fc37a42c9b1.png

• Like 1
defurbis

Yes game is optimized very poorly try clearing your cache every raid, I to get less performance at the end of the raid but not nearly as bad as you have it. I hope the devs optimize thier game.

Could it be due to AI scavs spawning ?
I was doing some offline customs raids and it gradually lowered my fps as in your case and I was thinking maybe the spawning of scavs affect it this much.

F4lco
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, defurbis said:

Yes game is optimized very poorly try clearing your cache every raid, I to get less performance at the end of the raid but not nearly as bad as you have it. I hope the devs optimize thier game.

It's a very sad thing, rendering this game it's very simple for my rig, we could play this game with very high framerate, but we can't do that because some strange problems. I wondering if developer know about this...

2 hours ago, zbam said:

Could it be due to AI scavs spawning ?
I was doing some offline customs raids and it gradually lowered my fps as in your case and I was thinking maybe the spawning of scavs affect it this much.

Probably, if I play in offline mode without AI game runs fine all the time.

But CPU and RAM usage are always the same, I don't think this is someking of bottleneck problem.

2 hours ago, KaelTheInvoker said:

I'm really tired of this too.

If you find a fix, tell me, please.

I tried everything: driver, nvidia control panel, all kind of settings, clearing ram, changing hard drive, I even bought 16 extra gb of ram... nothing works

Edited by F4lco
defurbis
4 hours ago, F4lco said:

It's a very sad thing, rendering this game it's very simple for my rig, we could play this game with very high framerate, but we can't do that because some strange problems. I wondering if developer know about this...

Probably, if I play in offline mode without AI game runs fine all the time.

But CPU and RAM usage are always the same, I don't think this is someking of bottleneck problem.

I tried everything: driver, nvidia control panel, all kind of settings, clearing ram, changing hard drive, I even bought 16 extra gb of ram... nothing works

Oh the devs know its always been like this lmao.

defurbis

They need to fix these core issues in this game, its not graphically impressive, nor boundary pushing in any way. Maybe for the time they released it but now it cant even compare to graphical fidelity and object lod of a game like Metro Exodus or hell let loose.

F4lco
7 hours ago, defurbis said:

They need to fix these core issues in this game, its not graphically impressive, nor boundary pushing in any way. Maybe for the time they released it but now it cant even compare to graphical fidelity and object lod of a game like Metro Exodus or hell let loose.

I love game graphic, no need to make it look better like Metro, but it need to be smoother... I really stopped to play the game because of this issue.

defurbis
2 hours ago, F4lco said:

I love game graphic, no need to make it look better like Metro, but it need to be smoother... I really stopped to play the game because of this issue.

Yes the graphics are fine, im just using these as examples of current gen games that run better than this game.

F4lco
7 hours ago, defurbis said:

Yes the graphics are fine, im just using these as examples of current gen games that run better than this game.

Yeah, now I get it, game with better graphic, but still better performance... Developers ever say something about this problem?

defurbis

Yes, very slowly though on my pc there has been some improvements but barely anything noticeable, weirdly enough on other peoples equally powerful rigs they cant even play the game because the frames are so bad its really weird

paracelsus1981

Just made another test run on customs : gpu usage 24%, cpu usage 16%, FPS 45 regular, 20 fps through scope. I'm not impressed.

Edited by paracelsus1981
Spectator6
On 4/12/2021 at 11:24 AM, defurbis said:

Does that depend on what we're considering graphically impressive?

For example, I can't think of any other game whose third-person in-game weapon and attachment poly counts are as high as EFT.

https://imgur.com/a/qAtH6ZQ

Might "little" details like these have something to do with EFT's seemingly poor relative performance?

defurbis
2 hours ago, Spectator6 said:

Does that depend on what we're considering graphically impressive?

For example, I can't think of any other game whose third-person in-game weapon and attachment poly counts are as high as EFT.

https://imgur.com/a/qAtH6ZQ

Might "little" details like these have something to do with EFT's seemingly poor relative performance?

good point arent the insides of weapons fully rendered as well even if like the dustcover is on, as well as the parts ie bolt carrier group and trigger actually moving as they would irl?

F4lco
13 hours ago, paracelsus1981 said:

Just made another test run on customs : gpu usage 24%, cpu usage 16%, FPS 45 regular, 20 fps through scope. I'm not impressed.

It's not even playable... btw Custom is the map where i get the best performance, Interchange and Shoreline are tragedy

TarkovCitizen4431498

I was also experiencing low FPS (60-80) with my specs (see signature) and was able to fix this somewhat 2 days ago.

I was fiddling with enabling Resizable BAR on my RTX3080 and had to do a couple things to get it working

- Update motherboard BIOS
- Update GPU VBIOS
- Converting OS from MBR to UEFI.

Afterwards- my FPS increased from 60-80 to 90-105. When it dips in FPS it never goes below 80.
Enabling Resizable BAR for EFT itself did not noticeably increase FPS, but I guess something in the BIOS updates fixed my FPS. I'd recommend to try updating your BIOS as well if you haven't yet.

Edited by TarkovCitizen4431498
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
defurbis
5 hours ago, TarkovCitizen4431498 said:

I was also experiencing low FPS (60-80) with my specs (see signature) and was able to fix this somewhat 2 days ago.

I was fiddling with enabling Resizable BAR on my RTX3080 and had to do a couple things to get it working

- Update GPU VBIOS

Afterwards- my FPS increased from 60-80 to 90-105. When it dips in FPS it never goes below 80.
Enabling Resizable BAR for EFT itself did not noticeably increase FPS, but I guess something in the BIOS updates fixed my FPS. I'd recommend to try updating your BIOS as well if you haven't yet.

ya I updated my bios recently as well and saw better fps as well as wayy better gpu usage but after the patch its back to how it was, im going to try switching to uefi though.

TarkovCitizen4431498
39 minutes ago, defurbis said:

ya I updated my bios recently as well and saw better fps as well as wayy better gpu usage but after the patch its back to how it was, im going to try switching to uefi though.

It's a matter of minutes to switch. All you have to is to open CMD as administrator, paste mbr2gpt /convert /allowfullOS and afterwards just switch to UEFI in the BIOS. 

This helped make my PC boot even faster. I'd say it prob took 5-10 seconds off the time to get to login screen. But this particular one should not affect FPS in games.

• Like 1
F4lco
On 4/14/2021 at 1:42 PM, TarkovCitizen4431498 said:

- Update GPU VBIOS

With my 1080Ti I can get over 100 Fps, only for the first minutes of raid, after 10 or 20 minutes they goes under 70 because GPU usage drop to 30-40%