GAME FPS WONT GO PAST 60

Heiinous

Ever since the latest patch with the intro to binaural sound and multiple bug fixes, my fps has been anywhere between 25-50 fps. Screwed around with all the settings in game and Radeon software, nothing seems to help. Before the patch I was getting a solid 100-120fps easily. Anyone have an idea where i can find a solution? Watched multiple youtube videos with no success. Thanks

aintchuck

Same here, mine are between 45-60. I have tried a lot of changes (either in game or nvidia control panel) but the situation is the same.

PardTheTroll

Are you guys using VSync by any chance? Be it ingame settings or directly in nvidia/radeon control panel. 

aintchuck
28 minutes ago, PardTheTroll said:

Are you guys using VSync by any chance? Be it ingame settings or directly in nvidia/radeon control panel. 

Disabled.
I'm playing on Ryzen 5 1600, GTX 1060 6GB, 16gb 2666mhz. Attaching my IG settings.

2021-04-16[11-13] (0).png

Edited by aintchuck
Add specs and settings.
PardTheTroll
vor 9 Minuten schrieb aintchuck:

Disabled

Hm, this is the only reason  I can think of, if the game is caped at such a standard frame rate (60 fps). Some games are also allergic to everything, but fullscreen. Didn't have this problem in Tarkov, though.

These are software solutions/problems.

Did anything change on the hardware side of things? New GPU/CPU? Did other games also start to perform so "bad"?

Edited by PardTheTroll
aintchuck
1 minute ago, PardTheTroll said:

Hm, this is the only reason  I can think of, if the game is caped at such a standard frame rate (60 fps). Some games are also allergic to everything, but fullscreen. Didn't have this problem in Tarkov, though.

These are software solutions/problems.

Did anything change on the hardware side of things? New GPU/CPU? Did other games also start to perform so "bad"?

Nothing changed, this game seems to be the only one going bad, sadly.
I tried lowering the fps limit to 60 in order to not stress the gpu, but the situation it's the same.

PardTheTroll
vor 1 Minute schrieb aintchuck:

I tried lowering the fps limit to 60 in order to not stress the gpu, but the situation it's the same.

I just noticed, but you capped your frames yourself. If you set it to 60 you wont go over 60. Or do I misunderstand your problem?

aintchuck
Just now, PardTheTroll said:

I just noticed, but you capped your frames yourself. If you set it to 60 you wont go over 60. Or do I misunderstand your problem?

I just said poo, my bad! I lowered the fps limit to 90, in order to not stress the gpu.

PardTheTroll

I just said poo, my bad! I lowered the fps limit to 90, in order to not stress the gpu.

But the screenshot shows 60.

aintchuck

But the screenshot shows 60.

Yup, I was doing other tests. I was thinking that with the limit to 60 the gpu would have worked to stay stuck on 60, but I still get less fps.

Edited by aintchuck
PardTheTroll

Yup, I was doing other tests.

Okay. It is still strange though. But if the game suddenly "broke" after patch, then BSG must have screwed up. Or Nvidia, as they also released new driver recently.

aintchuck

Okay. It is still strange though. But if the game suddenly "broke" after patch, then BSG must have screwed up. Or Nvidia, as they also released new driver recently.

Probably. Yesterday I have installed the latest nvidia drivers. Anyway, I forgot to mention that I have unticked the Autoram cleaner option and the use only physical core option. I don't know if this can help.

PardTheTroll

Autoram cleaner

You have 16Gb of RAM, so even when the memory leak would be a problem, it wouldn't show itself instantly. It would take 1-2 hours (personal experience).

vor 3 Minuten schrieb aintchuck:

use only physical core option

It could. Never did for me. 

aintchuck

The weird thing is that I get the same amount of fps with postfx on and off. I attached my postfx because I don't know if certain values have a high/low impact on performances.

PS: The screenshot is old but values are the same.

2021-03-06[12-57] (0).png

Edited by aintchuck
Heiinous

I have tried absolutely everything. I have a ryzen 7 3800x 3.9ghz, rx5700xt 8gb, 16gb ddr4 and plenty of storage. I cant get over 55fps at any time during a raid... my average is 28fps. Tried on/off vsync, lowering resolution and graphic settings in game, postfx, on/off binaural sound, resetting settings on AMD and EFT, and i uninstalled and re-installed the game. Still nothing. The game is almost unplayable. Any feedback/tips will be much appreciated. This only started happening after the last big patch with the binaural sound. Pls help :( 

Blowfeld81

Hi,

I know it is a far shot, but many users have had performance issues and trouble with vsync with the last windows updates.

Those cause performance drops in some games and for some users bluescreens.

The Win 10 updates that cause the trouble are KB5001330, KB5001337 and some said even KB5000842.

Just try uninstalling those and see if it makes a difference. If not, you can simply re- update them.

Good luck :)

paracelsus1981

Well from what I can see in the pictures you cripple yourself as much as you can. You limit your FPS to 60 and then use the ingame PostFX which are to be avoided since you can do all this way better over your RAdeon UI or what have you.

aintchuck
4 hours ago, paracelsus1981 said:

Well from what I can see in the pictures you cripple yourself as much as you can. You limit your FPS to 60 and then use the ingame PostFX which are to be avoided since you can do all this way better over your RAdeon UI or what have you.

I have my fps limit to 90 and if I disable my postfx, the amount of fps is the same

PS: is there a tutorial in order to apply them by nvidia control panel?

paracelsus1981
45 minutes ago, aintchuck said:

I have my fps limit to 90 and if I disable my postfx, the amount of fps is the same

PS: is there a tutorial in order to apply them by nvidia control panel?

Always check your game performance with a separate UI I use the one of my GPU. Like here, I use the Radeon Ui upper right corner:

https://streamable.com/l3h5k9

Click the checkmark on Vsync in game. I know it´s counter intuitiv but it will unlock your FPS.

Then follow the intructions of this video:

aintchuck
On 4/18/2021 at 10:37 PM, paracelsus1981 said:

Always check your game performance with a separate UI I use the one of my GPU. Like here, I use the Radeon Ui upper right corner:

https://streamable.com/l3h5k9

Click the checkmark on Vsync in game. I know it´s counter intuitiv but it will unlock your FPS.

Then follow the intructions of this video:

Already using RivaTunerStatistics. Anyway, followed the tutorial and nothing changed. Still same.

paracelsus1981

Hmm, if you had a Radeon GPU I would suggest the newest drivers they helped a lot. So maybe wait for new Nvidia drivers.