All out of money and gear?

Alpaka_

Hi all, new player here.

What are you supposed to do when you run out of everything.
I currently don't have enough money to buy any gear or even water and I am unable to play the game at all except for waiting 20 mins on the scav timer.

Is there a way to at least get a gun of some kind or do you just have to pray you find a gun somewhere

BrettB
15 hours ago, Alpaka_ said:

Hi all, new player here.

I currently don't have enough money to buy any gear or even water and I am unable to play the game at all except for waiting 20 mins on the scav timer.

Is there a way to at least get a gun of some kind or do you just have to pray you find a gun somewhere

Just keep scavving mate. Keep the stuff you find if you think you can use it again. I recommend reserve. But you will die 9/10 times, but when you mop up all the raiders left overs you can make some good cash or at least take the gear in yourself and have a chance of defending yourself.

behi09ma
16 hours ago, Alpaka_ said:

Hi all, new player here.

what is your lvl? in low lvls prapor send you some gear from time to time if you are out of money.

also as the others said, use your scav and try to survive, so you can atleast use the scav gear for your pmc. but before doing more pmc runs and losing everything you got, try to learn the game. making money is not that hard in this game, if you survive your raids. thats the main point, try to survive.

Alpaka_
On 4/13/2021 at 8:25 AM, behi09ma said:

what is your lvl? in low lvls prapor send you some gear from time to time if you are out of money.

also as the others said, use your scav and try to survive, so you can atleast use the scav gear for your pmc. but before doing more pmc runs and losing everything you got, try to learn the game. making money is not that hard in this game, if you survive your raids. thats the main point, try to survive.

Currently level 6, I pretty much lose every raid so I don't get any money apart from the 2 small items I put in my alpha that get my a marginal profit because theyre slightly more worth than my meds. Surviving is kind of the problem, I never make it out. I kill a bunch of scavs or just loot while heading towards the extraction and trying to move past the hotzones but every time I get mown down by a player before I reach the extract.

TeePeeGee

If worse comes to worst, you have the ability to be able to reset your account which will give you back all the items you started the wipe with (whatever your edition may be). 

Besides that, go into a scav raid

Cheers! :)

Alpaka_
1 minute ago, TeePeeGee said:

If worse comes to worst, you have the ability to be able to reset your account which will give you back all the items you started the wipe with (whatever your edition may be). 

Besides that, go into a scav raid

Cheers! :)

Yeah I already have reset my account once and im trying to do scav raids whenever theyre up

Fumungus
2 hours ago, Alpaka_ said:

Yeah I already have reset my account once and im trying to do scav raids whenever theyre up

if you play on Aussie servers you can add me mate, ill teach u in game to make it easy

behi09ma
17 hours ago, Alpaka_ said:

Currently level 6, I pretty much lose every raid so I don't get any money apart from the 2 small items I put in my alpha that get my a marginal profit because theyre slightly more worth than my meds. Surviving is kind of the problem, I never make it out. I kill a bunch of scavs or just loot while heading towards the extraction and trying to move past the hotzones but every time I get mown down by a player before I reach the extract.

if you cant survive, it will be the main reason you will lose everything. my advice can be, playing safe and not greeding, while taking your time and stoping from time to time and listening. so focus on your surviving, nothing else, and you will automatically make money. 

Alpaka_

Finally got some escapes in. Found a dead PMC with a fully kitted MCX, helmet, armor, grenades etc. 
Game is pretty doable once you have some items actually. Armor stops a lot of rounds and these rounds dont get stopped by armor apparently.

Is there a way to get good ammo before flea market? From what I've seen most of the ammo I can buy gets stopped by most lower end armors and it feels like there's pretty much nothing you can do vs geared players

Awake
55 minutes ago, Alpaka_ said:

Finally got some escapes in. Found a dead PMC with a fully kitted MCX, helmet, armor, grenades etc. 
Game is pretty doable once you have some items actually. Armor stops a lot of rounds and these rounds dont get stopped by armor apparently.

Is there a way to get good ammo before flea market? From what I've seen most of the ammo I can buy gets stopped by most lower end armors and it feels like there's pretty much nothing you can do vs geared players

There is enough you can do against geared players, that's the beauty about tarkov. Even a fully geard dude with just the 'best' gear can get one tapped by a scav with a makarov pistol. If you encounter a really geared player and you know you have shitty ammo, then aim for head (especially if your weapon is semi-auto) or legs. Just dont shoot on their upper body. Early on your best bet is to use AKM (also the semi-auto variant) or SKS, since you can get 7.62 PS ammo already from lvl 1 Prapor if I recall correctly. That's the best ammo early on.

Edited by Awake
Alpaka_
2 hours ago, Awake said:

There is enough you can do against geared players, that's the beauty about tarkov. Even a fully geard dude with just the 'best' gear can get one tapped by a scav with a makarov pistol. If you encounter a really geared player and you know you have shitty ammo, then aim for head (especially if your weapon is semi-auto) or legs. Just dont shoot on their upper body. Early on your best bet is to use AKM (also the semi-auto variant) or SKS, since you can get 7.62 PS ammo already from lvl 1 Prapor if I recall correctly. That's the best ammo early on.

I'm not quite good enough to onetap people with a makarov, but the 7.62 PS really helps, thanks!
I got pretty lucky and found some BT ammo for an AK and had a lot of success with that but eventually ran out so I was looking for an alternative.

Fumungus
12 hours ago, Alpaka_ said:

I'm not quite good enough to onetap people with a makarov, but the 7.62 PS really helps, thanks!
I got pretty lucky and found some BT ammo for an AK and had a lot of success with that but eventually ran out so I was looking for an alternative.

if u go late raid or do a scav run, check the fortress in customs. i usually find 5.45 BT packs of 120 round laying around, u can also find BS which is basically top tier ammo. up top near the mounted MGs and in the corner facing customs near the stairs on the boxes. it is quite common to see, im not sure if people dont bother looting these areas . BS sells for about  1800 per round on flea so if u find 2 boxes and join them then one inventory slot worth of items can sell for about 120K+. also i have killed 2 geared players with a kedr by goin for the legs. u can buy ammo from prapor for 17 roubles per round. i rarely actually take top tier ammo in a raid, i normally sell it. plus at high levels u can buy the ammo way cheaper than flea. as stated above, go for the head if u dont see a visor or go for legs if  they have a visor

ACuddlyBadger

Run gear with a high insurance return rate. ADARs, VP 136/209, shotguns. You will die and lose a lot learning the maps, embrace it and run stuff that you can kill with that people don't want to loot. 

Alpaka_
2 hours ago, jaredhager1 said:

SCAV IN!!!!

yeah no poo

1 hour ago, Fumungus said:

if u go late raid or do a scav run, check the fortress in customs. i usually find 5.45 BT packs of 120 round laying around, u can also find BS which is basically top tier ammo. up top near the mounted MGs and in the corner facing customs near the stairs on the boxes. it is quite common to see, im not sure if people dont bother looting these areas . BS sells for about  1800 per round on flea so if u find 2 boxes and join them then one inventory slot worth of items can sell for about 120K+. also i have killed 2 geared players with a kedr by goin for the legs. u can buy ammo from prapor for 17 roubles per round. i rarely actually take top tier ammo in a raid, i normally sell it. plus at high levels u can buy the ammo way cheaper than flea. as stated above, go for the head if u dont see a visor or go for legs if  they have a visor

1 hour ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

Run gear with a high insurance return rate. ADARs, VP 136/209, shotguns. You will die and lose a lot learning the maps, embrace it and run stuff that you can kill with that people don't want to loot. 

Thanks for the tips!

ACuddlyBadger
13 minutes ago, Alpaka_ said:

Thanks for the tips!

image.png.c54eb704a4791ea52d63f72707881394.png

The most capable and versatile fraud gun in EFT. Name the preset 2-15, keep the wood and stock gas block on it. Only gun in the game with its power while still having lvl 100 fraud. 

ShiroTenshi

If your stash value is less then 50k roubles, Prapor will send you a care package once every 24 hours. Granted this is only a very small value compared to what you would really need in a full day of attempting to play, but it can be sold for enough for 2 or 3 PMs with mags and ammo. That's 3 tries at getting some more gear.

Apart from that, there's always the Scav every 20 minutes.

mybobbo
On 4/17/2021 at 9:16 AM, ACuddlyBadger said:

image.png.c54eb704a4791ea52d63f72707881394.png

The most capable and versatile fraud gun in EFT. Name the preset 2-15, keep the wood and stock gas block on it. Only gun in the game with its power while still having lvl 100 fraud. 

Could you please take an image or tell me the exact details of parts on this ADAR in PM or here please?

ACuddlyBadger
3 hours ago, mybobbo said:

Could you please take an image or tell me the exact details of parts on this ADAR in PM or here please?

Upgrade the gun as much as possible while keeping a wooden stock, handguard, and gas block. Its an M4 because having full auto is infinitely better on a gun than a little less recoil/ more ergo. 

Edited by ACuddlyBadger
BlueSpear
On 4/17/2021 at 7:59 AM, Fumungus said:

BS sells for about  1800 per round on flea

I want what you're smoking man.

BS sells for 88 per round, 90 maybe.

none of the BS rounds sell for much and are pretty bad, which is why no one picks them up.

bs.png

Edited by BlueSpear
Fumungus
15 hours ago, BlueSpear said:

I want what you're smoking man.

BS sells for 88 per round, 90 maybe.

none of the BS rounds sell for much and are pretty bad, which is why no one picks them up.

bs.png

in my post i am talking about 5.45mm rounds which have the only BS designation in the game at the moment..... your screenshot is of 7.62x39 rounds...... plus they are PS not BS

zeamah

Scav runs make more money usually than your pmc runs. main reason, your scav run is free! Do a bunch and you'll have loads of cash while learning the maps. Target pmc's as a scav and take their load out. good luck

TarkovCitizen4431498

^ What this man said.

Play as scav, loot some, kill some and extract. After 10 minutes you can go out with roughly 800k easily like in this picture. Or you strike it big and come across juicy PMC loot. Died? Try again.

Alternatively, look for people to play with. Plenty of Discords recruiting here on the forum or on Reddit.

spacer.png