Jump to content

Connecting to high ping servers


Recommended Posts

maguu2u

Game randomly connecting me to high ping servers resulting in me getting kicked from game. Auto OCE and Australia only don't seem to stop it, can only assume it is connecting me to the US servers. Great way to lose my gear, not.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
111times9
13 minutes ago, maguu2u said:

Game randomly connecting me to high ping servers resulting in me getting kicked from game. Auto OCE and Australia only don't seem to stop it, can only assume it is connecting me to the US servers. Great way to lose my gear, not.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Manually select servers that have low ping for you in the launcher. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
BulgarianTsar

This has happened to me multiple times usually I just wait a couple of hours then my ping goes back down to a normal level I think it’s pretty common for everyone

Edited by BulgarianTsar
Link to post
Share on other sites
maguu2u

Don't believe so, only started after the patch. Appears to happen when taking ages to find players, maybe it just punts me to the US servers when OCE is quiet. I work fly in/fly out so am often on when OCE not very busy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
purplehazelemon

Hello maguu, this is happening to me and a few other people to... it has nothing to do with being put on to Us servers I'm pretty sure its a false ping because friends that also live in Oce have normal ping on the same server as me and i don't experience delayed inputs ect when playing but obv get kicked for high ping which is super annoying... hope they fix it soon love the game but it's so annoying.. let me know if you find a way to fix it! cheers  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Alvilos

I have the same issue and have done a little reading on it and interestingly it seems to only be Australians effected and 4 out of the 5 people i have seen effected have been Optus (the last guy didn't say anything about his ISP so he could be). So wondering if your ISP is Optus as well because that would be a hell of an interesting issue... still freaking annoying though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Glimmer_Man
On 4/21/2021 at 2:43 PM, Alvilos said:

I have the same issue and have done a little reading on it and interestingly it seems to only be Australians effected and 4 out of the 5 people i have seen effected have been Optus (the last guy didn't say anything about his ISP so he could be). So wondering if your ISP is Optus as well because that would be a hell of an interesting issue... still freaking annoying though.

Having the same issue and im with Optus, no other games with this issue only tarkov and only since the last few patches.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mattisfaction
3 hours ago, Glimmer_Man said:

Having the same issue and im with Optus, no other games with this issue only tarkov and only since the last few patches.

I'm getting the same issue!

I'm with Optus ISP in Melbourne and only had this problem occurring in the last 2 weeks or so. All servers unchecked except OCE. 

I've always played exclusively on the OCE server. Its the only server with reasonable ping obviously for us.
For 2 years I've had 20-40 ping (Melbourne to Sydney) and no real issues.
In the last 2 weeks I constantly get kicked from the game due to low connection quality.

Error is “25.XXXXX” (last 5 digits change with each DC)

In-game ping for every 3rd or 4th game I load in to stays on 185-220ms ping. The other majority games I load in to are normal 20-50ish ping.

Speedtest.net results show 20ms ping to all Sydney servers with 11mbps down and 8mbps up. Melbourne servers obviously show 10ms ping. 

To me it seems like something to wrong server side, or as you guys suggested, a false read/firewall issue. 

What other options would we have? I cant even begin to think of how to contact ISP with no speedtest data to back up my claims?
Is a support ticket with BSG the best option? Port forwarding? I'm just lost here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Glimmer_Man

It really is a pain in the ass because the game seems responsive when you do get in so its up to BSG to sort it out i guess my connection is perfectly fine i get a stable 30 ping on average normally so. I'm tempted to put a support ticket in but will probably get the same old poo like restart router and that crap.

Link to post
Share on other sites
maguu2u

Just flew back from work so fingers crossed.

I am with Optus and in Perth :(  Better wear that mask lol

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...