This is a realy bad idea that setting the ping limit

SongweiLai-1

I beem play this game over two years with my friends.

The ping limit very tough , I was living in australia and I can not play with my friend who on usa and canada because of the ping limit setting.

It is very frustring because it was a amazing thing that escape with my friends.

If the ping limit still as stern, I think a lot of people and their friends will find another games, that was so sad.

The game gave me a lot of good memories

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

good imagine what you looked like on other players screens completely unfair. Some people have good internet and still get disconnected though that is what needs to be fixed, if your in australia there should be no excuse to play on any servers outside of australia.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, defurbis said:

good imagine what you looked like on other players screens completely unfair. Some people have good internet and still get disconnected though that is what needs to be fixed, if your in australia there should be no excuse to play on any servers outside of australia.

I do not understant why it would be a excuse that i just want to play with my friend, I bought this game two years ago because it is a good game which can play with my friend who in usa and canada, but now even in australia server, the probability of  disconnected still very high, I guss the server drop me off once in each ten games, it all due to ping limite. It not the problem of my router or network because I am using 5G network.

what defurbis is saying is that playing on high ping would just be straight up unfair for other players, since on their screen you're character would be stuttering all over the place when you move around, making it harder to track and hit you while moving, also high ping will allow for more insane peaker's advantage, you're basically saying, "it's not fair that I can't play at an advantage, because I just want to play with a friend."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kiriya_Mursona said:

what defurbis is saying is that playing on high ping would just be straight up unfair for other players, since on their screen you're character would be stuttering all over the place when you move around, making it harder to track and hit you while moving, also high ping will allow for more insane peaker's advantage, you're basically saying, "it's not fair that I can't play at an advantage, because I just want to play with a friend."

Did You know what situation in australia server, they did not have a good server like game  League of Legends server but they did the ping limit. The ping avarage 34-40 at noon but 150-300 in afternoon and , even i using 5G network . I agree with the ping limite but "this is too harsh", not everyone play games sitting on fiber optics. I means we pay a $100 to play this game and they say "Hi you can not play this game because you did not have the best network and we did not giving you a good server " , it is not fair for me personally.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 10:19 PM, high1 said:

Would u rather satify a small region or upset the whole word?

wow, I just want play the game, now i can't play this game even i paly at local server and i also pay the money.

Did my sacrifice make the world peaceful, my Lord

45 minutes ago, SongweiLai-1 said:

wow, I just want play the game, now i can't play this game even i paly at local server and i also pay the money.

Did my sacrifice make the world peaceful, my Lord

It's not your or BSG fault that you can't play even in your region.

You should start asking your ISP (Internet Service Provider) why your ping is so high in the region.

On 4/17/2021 at 4:19 AM, SongweiLai-1 said:

I beem play this game over two years with my friends.

The ping limit very tough , I was living in australia and I can not play with my friend who on usa and canada because of the ping limit setting.

It is very frustring because it was a amazing thing that escape with my friends.

You were living ? Where are you living now ? Don't bother to tell me(maybe a typo).

You can always make new friends for this game (meanwhile you can meat your old friends in other games) ... just try it.

The game is still in development ... they will improve the netcode in the future and raise the ping limit.

On 4/17/2021 at 5:07 AM, SongweiLai-1 said:

I guss the server drop me off once in each ten games, it all due to ping limite. It not the problem of my router or network because I am using 5G network.

The ping avarage 34-40 at noon but 150-300 in afternoon and , even i using 5G network

Well if you want to be sure use a network cable instead. Wireless will give always give you more latency. Just to give an example: On my 500/50 connection I get 9ms latency over cable and 40 over wireless on https://speed.cloudflare.com/

Also keep in mind that your ping/speed may be ok, but that jitter might be causing issues. You can also see the jitter ms via that link.

Edited by TarkovCitizen4431498

check your network setting if your system is automatically switching to onboard wifi chip. they are usually terrible. i use a dedicated pci card for wifi and disable the onboard chip