Is peekers advantage still a thing?

Caster89Actual

Because I seem to be having the opposite experience lately.

like I take the quickest of peeks not even really fully exposing my PMC and get fully back behind cover and my PMC falls over dead to either head eyes or head jaws a second later. Or I come out from behind a corner to start shooting at a PMC and I die before I can get a second shot off. No I’m not peeking with my flashlight or laser on so they are t pre firing based on that.

honestly I can’t even anymore, it is starting to feel like the old modern ware fare days where one player is the host and has a huge network advantage over everyone else.

I hate the fact that when I restart my game my nvidia shadow play turns itself off or I’d have a video to share of the last instance (which was the worst so far) to show.

Edited by Caster89Actual
S5_Mr_Wiggle

always will be unless they ditch the current online network build and start over with the model ganjie, and wargames use.

Caster89Actual
1 hour ago, S5_Mr_Wiggle said:

always will be unless they ditch the current online network build and start over with the model ganjie, and wargames use.

Thing is since the last major patch i have been having the complete opposite experience.

Its like im having peekers disadvantage.

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around it, if peekers advantage IS still a thing then the only thing i can think of is all these people im fighting have to be pre firing as I make a move to head tap me as soon as i come around the corner. Im not doing it with my laser or light on or anything and the only other thing that makes sense to me is all of these people im peeking are using skeleton ESP to know when to pre fire. And i know i know there's going to be 10 people who are going to respond all butt hurt over the fact that i would even think or consider that, because no one in this game uses cheats and im just making excuses for my deaths and i am just so horrible at this game but i honestly cant think of any other reason. Especially for the last raid i was just in where i didn't even fully expose myself all the way and just dropped dead from head jaws a full second and a half after i was back in cover. I understand some of these might just be desynch but it is happening so much and so often i don't think its desynch.  If someone can give a decent reason as to what is happening i would be all ears.

GeneralBrus

is ping still a thing? yes, there will always be a peekers advantage.

the only 2 things a game can do to make the peekers advantage less harmful to the gameplay are:

-better netcode

-slower movement speed

• Upvote 2
Caster89Actual
11 minutes ago, GeneralBrus said:

is ping still a thing? yes, there will always be a peekers advantage.

the only 2 things a game can do to make the peekers advantage less harmful to the gameplay are:

-better netcode

-slower movement speed

So this whole time when people talk about peekers advantage in this game it really isn’t who is peeking who that dictates the advantage but rather who has better/worse ping? Because that is the first I am hearing about that in this game. From what I have gleaned from what everyone says it’s whoever is the one coming around the corner has the ping advantages.

BlooDxHound

Desync is what you are experiencing, the ping is mostly irrelevant, the servers are just trash. On the enemies screen you are still in the open whilst on your screen you are behind cover.

Caster89Actual
45 minutes ago, BlooDxHound said:

Desync is what you are experiencing, the ping is mostly irrelevant, the servers are just trash. On the enemies screen you are still in the open whilst on your screen you are behind cover.

Idk man I’m honestly starting to not even care anymore and are starting to chalk it up to the “tarkoved” category. The category is just going to be a broad term from anything from desynch to cheaters to BSGs themselves.

chrisragnar
3 hours ago, S5_Mr_Wiggle said:

Single player offline?

McFlappyNuts

yup peekers advantage is a thing. hence why you should never hold an angle. i come around and find your dumbass sitting there best believe I'm taking that advantage 

BESK
  • "Can you program?" If not, you dont have any right to complain. You just dont get how advanced this is...
  • "Does any other game out there have issues like this?" Well, there you go, you lost your right to give feedback.
  • "Its a beta, what did you expect". Well you lost your right to give feedback again.

**Above written with sarcasm.

The "netcode" is certainly the core feature in a game like Escape from Tarkov. If its not working properly. Well crap input, crap output.

chrisragnar
1 hour ago, BESK said:
  • "Can you program?" If not, you dont have any right to complain. You just dont get how advanced this is...
  • "Does any other game out there have issues like this?" Well, there you go, you lost your right to give feedback.
  • "Its a beta, what did you expect". Well you lost your right to give feedback again.

**Above written with sarcasm.

The "netcode" is certainly the core feature in a game like Escape from Tarkov. If its not working properly. Well crap input, crap output.

The issue is you can't get information from clients to servers and back instantly. Pretty sure you can't netcode that away.

Caster89Actual
14 hours ago, McFlappyNuts said:

yup peekers advantage is a thing. hence why you should never hold an angle. i come around and find your dumbass sitting there best believe I'm taking that advantage 

If it is then it’s most certainly not every round and I am starting to think some of the rounds it’s the opposite where peekers get a disadvantage because I’m getting insta head eyes/head jawed before I can even get the second round off.

And no I am not playing on WiFi and I have good internet speeds both up and down.

BESK
5 hours ago, chrisragnar said:

The issue is you can't get information from clients to servers and back instantly. Pretty sure you can't netcode that away.

A well-sized ping limit set to 155 ms will not help either.