France vs Italy Tournament!

ShiroTenshi

Introducing a new community competition between National Teams in Escape From Tarkov, the France vs Italy Tournament!

- 6 Squads, 3 for each country, with 3 players per squad. 
- Teams will have 3 hours to compete for points by completing series of challenges. 
- By the end of the event, all squads under the same flag will pool their points and a winner will emerge!

The event is produced by UtopiaGaming ASD and will be broadcast on Twitch by a host of talents from different countries, featuring the Arab, English, French and Italian language.

Custom EFT-inspired prizes will be provided to the participating players by tournament partner.

Italian (Main)
twitch.tv/utopiagamingasd

Arabic 
twitch.tv/eftarabic

English
twitch.tv/sneakyru007
twitch.tv/justkilo

French 
twitch.tv/mick3y54

LOCANDINA_V5.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
Majlo

This tournament stuff... I really don't think it fits EFT but they just keep coming...

Sure, a competitive game with EFT's gameplay would be awesome to play - say CS: GO but with EFT weapons handling, but not EFT... Not EFT. Please.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Spectator6
3 hours ago, Majlo said:

This tournament stuff... I really don't think it fits EFT but they just keep coming...

Sure, a competitive game with EFT's gameplay would be awesome to play - say CS: GO but with EFT weapons handling, but not EFT... Not EFT. Please.

Right?

Why not instead create a new "genre" of tournaments? With custom rulesets focused on survival elements? Give viewers the chance to vote people "off the island" so to speak and yeah... They could *really* start to move the game in a direction that immediately sets it apart from the usual run-and-gun cannon fodder arcade shooters.

Majlo
12 hours ago, Spectator6 said:

Why not instead create a new "genre" of tournaments?

Why the need for out-of-place tournaments in the first place? If they want a tournament game, create such a game instead of turning what they said EFT would be into what it's currently becoming.

12 hours ago, Xarc said:

@MajloMaybe all these tournaments are just a testing ground for the future Arena.

The "Arena" as described by the most recent information seems just as out of place as the tournaments. They're doing something that doesn't fit the game to test something that isn't going to fit the game.

They're turning EFT into Contract Wars... If Contract Wars is what they wanted, why did they advertise EFT as something else in the first place...?

• Like 2
  • Hot 1
Spectator6
1 minute ago, Majlo said:

Why the need for out-of-place tournaments in the first place? If they want a tournament game, create such a game instead of turning what they said EFT would be into what it's currently becoming.

Oh, sure! I definitely agree this is not the time for tournaments. IMO, it just feels like a short-sighted "popularity grab" that does nothing to help focus the team, etc.

But if BSG is committed to making this a "thing" at this point in development, IMO, why not at least build the tournament systems/etc around the themes and concepts of what they ultimately want EFT to accomplish?

Majlo
26 minutes ago, Spectator6 said:

it just feels like a short-sighted "popularity grab" that does nothing to help focus the team, etc.

I completely agree.

26 minutes ago, Spectator6 said:

But if BSG is committed to making this a "thing" at this point in development, IMO, why not at least build the tournament systems/etc around the themes and concepts of what they ultimately want EFT to accomplish?

I've completely lost touch of what they want EFT to become, because I see lots of "it's going to become something completely different, more realistic, etc. down the line"-talk but I see near to nothing actually happening in that direction. Instead we see focus on tournaments, arena, and twitch...

What do they even want to accomplish with EFT anymore? I don't buy that it's the vision I bought into years ago...

tobiassolem

These tournaments are arranged by community members, players of the game.

There clearly is an interest among the players to compete in Escape From Tarkov.

The devs/Nikita loves to see what people come up with and that they want to compete inside of their game.

Competing clans/squads and arena mode always was a part of the core design of the game.

With that said, Nikita also said he wants to use Arena as a recruiting platform for the more hardcore experience of the story mode. Convert players from "casual" to "hardcore" if you will.

• Thanks 1
Majlo
8 minutes ago, tobiassolem said:

With that said, Nikita also said he wants to use Arena as a recruiting platform for the more hardcore experience of the story mode. Convert players from "casual" to "hardcore" if you will.

I really can't imagine how that's going to work, but I can't do more than wait and see.

Spectator6
29 minutes ago, tobiassolem said:

These tournaments are arranged by community members, players of the game.

There clearly is an interest among the players to compete in Escape From Tarkov.

The devs/Nikita loves to see what people come up with and that they want to compete inside of their game.

Competing clans/squads and arena mode always was a part of the core design of the game.

Thanks for the reminder @tobiassolem!

While BSG might help endorse/promote the events, it's important to keep in mind these are largely "grass roots" based tournaments put on by fellow players.

And to that end, to know that BSG is supportive of these types of initiatives from the community is very cool :)

tobiassolem
6 hours ago, Majlo said:

I really can't imagine how that's going to work, but I can't do more than wait and see.

Well, here's me interpreting his words, but the way I understood it is something like this:

1. Make a cheap standalone Arena-version of EFT with a focus on competitive and fast-paced action
  2. Connect this standalone game to EFT in a way where there are certain advantages in playing the "main game"
  3. Players of Arena are then encouraged to try buy and to complete goals in EFT
  4. If or when they discover that the main game is a lot of fun = success!

I'm not saying this is exactly what he has in mind. But perhaps something like this?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
kelevra_06
vor 21 Stunden schrieb tobiassolem:

Players? I didnt see 1 common player on any tournament.  Just Streamers!

The devs/Nikita loves to see what people come up with

oh really? people and streamers arent the same btw^^

oh yeah.... arena was mentioned as a part of the core game..... now dlc. Clan and squad was planned as a core function...what is it planned for now? A dlc!

tobiassolem
1 minute ago, kelevra_06 said:

You do realize that any Tarkov player can decide to stream what they are doing? In fact, for competitions like this it is necessary for the judges of said competitions to score their progress.

Being a content creator in no way is a negative thing.

3 minutes ago, kelevra_06 said:

oh really? people and streamers arent the same btw^^

No? Are streamers from Mars? Of course they're the same. And all the viewers of the streams who love the content and the competitions are also a part of it.

4 minutes ago, kelevra_06 said:

oh yeah.... arena was mentioned as a part of the core game..... now dlc. Clan and squad was planned as a core function...what is it planned for now? A dlc!

All of these features are still being planned. This means that how or what they will end up as is to be determined. Now it is too early to speak of details as the final decisions are not made. What is very likely is that the devs will make Arena standalone, because it will require a completely separate set of servers.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
Majlo
3 hours ago, kelevra_06 said:

3 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

You do realize that any Tarkov player can decide to stream what they are doing?

Sure, all players can stream. However, not every player is a streamer. There's a big difference in streaming as a job (or as a major part of what you do) and streaming as in showing your perspective.

Now I can't say whether or not the participants in this "tournament" were just players or full-on streamers - I didn't watch it since I have absolutely no interest in EFT as an "e-sport", even remotely.

3 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

All of these features are still being planned.

Planned or made up on the spot as they muddle along, no one would know, and at this point it's irrelevant but it sure would be nice if they didn't change things they said they were going to do in the past (unless there is some really good reason (which should be made public)).

• Upvote 1