Login won't accept any phone numbers to send verification code

SkatesMcGates

So essentially, every time I try to login to Tarkov via either the website or game launcher it prompts me to input my phone number for a verification code. When I submit the phone number, however, it tells me I cannot use that phone number and spits out "Error 245". I've tried using other people's phone numbers but it won't work even then. I've also tried resetting my password (which I could do successfully) and this did not fix the issue. I just discovered today that I could still login to the forum without needing verification, so that's how I'm posting this. Has anyone else had this issue and, if so, what did you do to stop it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Im having the same issue. It will not accept any number I try to use. So now im completely locked out of the game until I get some kind of response from support. If that will ever happen at all.

image.thumb.png.624c38c613ee314072f530b3ebf84f8b.png

Hi, i have the same issue, i want to download the game, which i need to login the website. everytime i try to put in the phone number, it said that my phone number cannot be used. if someone fixed this issue, plz help me! Thank you!

I've just heard back from BSG Support and they told me to use another phone number, which I (and many others) have already done and does not work unfortunately. I've been trying to input my phone number and different phone number every day since this started happening with no luck. I can do the email verification fine, I've changed my password, it's just this phone number verification that is broken for me. Here is an image of the Login Error with the launcher too. Again, if anyone has a solution please update this thread. Anyone else who is having the same issue is free to respond saying so for this thread to get more attention.

Tarkov Issue.jpg

They just responded to me.

"Please try a different browser and make sure that you are entering a correct phone number."

What kind of technical support is this? They could care less.

Solution found!!!

So, after a lot of investigating, I realized that the phone number verification system only accepts foreign numbers, and I'm pretty sure only ones with a +7 international code (which is Russia & Kazakhstan). I had to go on https://receive-smss.com/ and use different phone numbers from the Russian Federation or Kazakhstan until one worked. All the Russian ones would be accepted by the login but nothing would actually come up on the website. I ended up using a Kazakhstan phone number and it went through, and I'm logged back in! Hope this helps everyone else with this issue.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SkatesMcGates said:

Solution found!!!

So, after a lot of investigating, I realized that the phone number verification system only accepts foreign numbers, and I'm pretty sure only ones with a +7 international code (which is Russia & Kazakhstan). I had to go on https://receive-smss.com/ and use different phone numbers from the Russian Federation or Kazakhstan until one worked. All the Russian ones would be accepted by the login but nothing would actually come up on the website. I ended up using a Kazakhstan phone number and it went through, and I'm logged back in! Hope this helps everyone else with this issue.

I mean it works but now your account is linked to another number that you might not have access to or am I missing something? 

2 hours ago, loooasd said:

I mean it works but now your account is linked to another number that you might not have access to or am I missing something? 

From what I can tell phone numbers aren't actually recorded, just used to send a verification code. If this isn't the case however, I would be surprised if there wasn't a way to change your phone number for verification, seeing as people regularly change phone numbers. Also, seeing as pretty much nothing else worked, it's either that or be locked out of my account forever. You do raise a valid concern though

2 hours ago, SkatesMcGates said:

From what I can tell phone numbers aren't actually recorded, just used to send a verification code. If this isn't the case however, I would be surprised if there wasn't a way to change your phone number for verification, seeing as people regularly change phone numbers. Also, seeing as pretty much nothing else worked, it's either that or be locked out of my account forever. You do raise a valid concern though

Yeah man, seeing how incompetent support really is I wouldn't want to have to change the games phone number 

I've been trying just about everything including getting in touch with customer service. Desperately trying to get an answer and a fix to this so I can get back into the game. Hoping to hear updates from you all and BSG.

1 hour ago, adamsplants said:

I've been trying just about everything including getting in touch with customer service. Desperately trying to get an answer and a fix to this so I can get back into the game. Hoping to hear updates from you all and BSG.

Not sure if you saw but I posted a solution earlier in the thread, it's worked for a good number of people. I'll repost it in this comment too:

On 4/20/2021 at 4:30 PM, SkatesMcGates said:

Not sure if you saw but I posted a solution earlier in the thread, it's worked for a good number of people. I'll repost it in this comment too:

Unfortunately, this doesn't work for any of the numbers I've tried, about 10 US numbers that I have access to (Mine and friends and family) along with the RU and Kazak numbers to no avail. Really need a fix for this soon. 

I am also getting the error 245. I have tried over a dozen US phone numbers. None of them work. I've also tried Russian and other country code numbers. Those don't work, either. Support told me to try more numbers even though I had already told them all the things I've tried.

I really hope this gets fixed soon.

Still no response, still can't play. Doesn't matter how many phone numbers that I used. I went through about 50 today trying to get it to work and still no luck. 

These are the responses I've gotten from support. Each time I told them I've tried dozens of phone numbers and each time they've told me to simply try more.

What do they mean they can't help me? It's their system that's malfunctioning.

image.png.be48a68581187842a77253844450384d.pngimage.png.8f2e5a35395d0a2164e111544e43d521.png

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, xxfrewsterxx said:

These are the responses I've gotten from support. Each time I told them I've tried dozens of phone numbers and each time they've told me to simply try more.

What do they mean they can't help me? It's their system that's malfunctioning.

image.png.be48a68581187842a77253844450384d.pngimage.png.8f2e5a35395d0a2164e111544e43d521.png

This is ridiculous. I guess I will have to refund my EoD edition in order to play again and start back over? 

9 hours ago, RenesisActual said:

This is ridiculous. I guess I will have to refund my EoD edition in order to play again and start back over? 

I guess so.

Look at the response I got after telling support yet again that I cannot fix this problem by trying different phone numbers. This is the third time they've told me there's nothing they can do.

IMG_20210426_081614.jpg

I just sent another message to support with this thread included. Let's see how long this one goes without a response.

• Upvote 1

having the same issue and dont really want to do the phone number from Russia way. following for solution and updates

• Upvote 1

I am also having this issue. 4k hours no changes to login password or anything. Cannot login to website or launcher. 
oddly enough - I was able to login to my alternate account no issues.
Only happens on my main account. Tried my phone number + 4 other Phone numbers. all US phone numbers. I'd love a fix for this. I stream this game full time and literally wont be able to work until its resolved 🤬

2 hours ago, llamav4 said:

I am also having this issue. 4k hours no changes to login password or anything. Cannot login to website or launcher. 
oddly enough - I was able to login to my alternate account no issues.
Only happens on my main account. Tried my phone number + 4 other Phone numbers. all US phone numbers. I'd love a fix for this. I stream this game full time and literally wont be able to work until its resolved 🤬

Me and my friends are in the US right now. And he used his US number which did not worked. Then he tried his Chinese one and it worked. just try use a foreign number. 

I am in the US. I have tried US numbers, Russian numbers, Hong Kong numbers, French numbers, and Ukrainian numbers. None of them worked.

anyone here has the US phone number not work?

If many people have correct phone number, but not work, then it's not the phone problem. Just fix it. Don't tell me try a different one.

Edited by fuyucn