Login won't accept any phone numbers to send verification code

SkatesMcGates

On 4/19/2021 at 1:22 PM, SkatesMcGates said:

Solution found!!!

So, after a lot of investigating, I realized that the phone number verification system only accepts foreign numbers, and I'm pretty sure only ones with a +7 international code (which is Russia & Kazakhstan). I had to go on https://receive-smss.com/ and use different phone numbers from the Russian Federation or Kazakhstan until one worked. All the Russian ones would be accepted by the login but nothing would actually come up on the website. I ended up using a Kazakhstan phone number and it went through, and I'm logged back in! Hope this helps everyone else with this issue.

Is the phone number will bind to your account? Or its just a one time use.

• Upvote 1

Support will not help you. No matter how many phone numbers you've tried, no matter how clearly it is BSG's problem, they will tell you to just try more phone numbers. 

IMG_20210429_082510.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 4/27/2021 at 12:37 AM, Robinzheng said:

Me and my friends are in the US right now. And he used his US number which did not worked. Then he tried his Chinese one and it worked. just try use a foreign number. 

Did it send a code to that number? Is he able to just login and change the 2FA settings without using chinese number again?
Im willing to try some foreign numbers but I dont want to send the code somewhere and then be further locked out of my acount?

On 4/29/2021 at 12:06 AM, fuyucn said:

anyone here has the US phone number not work?

If many people have correct phone number, but not work, then it's not the phone problem. Just fix it. Don't tell me try a different one.

I have a US number. Tried about 10 different phone numbers of friends and my own. IDK what to do. 

On 4/29/2021 at 12:19 PM, xxfrewsterxx said:

I was finally able to login. I used a US number from https://quackr.io in order to do it.

YES this worked. the other website with codes had not. tyvm

• 3 weeks later...

lmao I have 3 real phones, none of them work. I put a random one it work now i need wait for 15mins .

I have similar, but a bit different issue.

For my case, Error 245 doesn't appears. However, I cannot receive the verification code to my phone...

• 2 weeks later...

Me also having the same problem. Bought the game 2 months ago and not even able to download it yet and they do not refund at all. LMAO. 

I'm also using a US phone number, i also tried some of my friends phone number none of them works.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread to see if there has been any updates to this problem, still having this issue. 

• 2 weeks later...

I ran into this problem yesterday. Have been trying many phone numbers but i still cant get verification sms from EFT. 

I've tried all the free sms website using many other number like you guys posted and it's not working :(

How do i contact support when i'm not allow to log into website ? 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Issue started happening last night.  BSG launcher started asking for account verification in the form of "the specified phone" number and have been getting "This phone number cannot be used.  Error: 245".   Tried all the fixes above and none of them have worked.  Different phone numbers from another region did not solve the issue.  Now I am locked out of the game due to this error: 245. 

It looked like Devs don't care judging from the post above by xxfrewsterxx.  Do devs ever look at their own forum boards for errors submitted to them by their own community? 

If anyone has found a solution for this problem that is reliable and has been confirmed to work, please post here. 

Hello guys. Ive ran this problem today and I really cant do anything about it. Could anybody help me please. Ive been tested many US numbers and lots of russian and chinese numbers from free virtual site. Some didnt accepted in launcher and others thatve been accepted still theres no message shown. Does anybody know what should I do exactly cause I cant play and its really annoying. Maybe tell me which numbe should I use to fix this problem.
I appreciate any kind of help. Thanks

Following up on my previous post, I tried reaching out to support and received a response back saying, "Hello!

Unfortunately, there is nothing that we can do on our side. The
verification system is working properly.

Please try a different phone number.

Thank you."

This sounds like an automated response system due to the same message being received from other members who have posted about from OP .  There is something broken with the Account Verification page.  "An activation code will be sent to the specified phone".  Trying personal phone numbers, or phone numbers from another region have not worked, however, when using a phone number not belonging to you, not sure how to know what code to enter if you are not the owner of the phone.  

Second account verification page asking for phone number by region.png

• 2 weeks later...

Launched just gave me the same problem. I've found 1 Canadian number on quackr.io that at least battlestate recognizes as a real phone number, but no message ever comes through.  I've tried every of number on there and get the same ERROR: 245.  Been playing Tarkov EoD for 3 wipes.  If they're blocking me from logging in, they need to refund me.

It's really easy to get your money back. I would just contact your card issuer/bank. For me it was a credit card company, and I filed a dispute, because I was technically charged before the transaction was actually complete (which was super sketchy). I was credited all of the money I spent on the game (temporarily), while the CC company tried to get a response from BSG (shocking, they did not respond). The temporary credit was just made final the other day, since the CC company waited like 60+ days for a response, and received nothing. So it is well worth your time to skip the BSG support, and go straight to your method of payment and open a case/file a dispute for an unauthorized charge (in my case), or some other valid reason like not receiving the content, or receiving corrupt content (which may be different for others since I had zero time and could barely get the game to work on my computer, plus I was completely sketched by the premature charging of my card before I authorized it). Was contacted by a automatic fraud prevention phone call and text before I even clicked confirm.

I've received 5 responses back from Gregory Smith.  I'm not sure what part of EFT he is from, but it was after messaging their [email protected]  Each response he had been very prompt in responding to my questions, although I still am unable to login to my account to download the launcher.  Experience documented above ^

The response was always

"As we mentioned, there is nothing that we can do on our side. The verification system is working properly.

Please try a different phone number.

Thank you."

And that was it.  Their claiming that the phone number verification system is working, although there seems to be many of us who have been unable to login using the account verification via phone number with a "This number cannot be used".  I thought maybe it was only NA, but it seems it's happening to other people as well, and still there has not been a fix. 

Edited by Latt1ce