High Ping + disconnect every few raids on local server (OCE)

xBurd

I have recently started to get a very annoying *bug* where every few raids  I'll connect to a server with 185+ Ping. I don't have auto server selection on, instead I only have the Oce server ticked.
I was playing with 3 friends, 2 of which share the same ISP being OPTUS. The three of us all experienced the same thing, every few raids we would connect with high ping and get kicked a few seconds in. The 3rd guy didn't experience any issues although it us unknown what ISP he goes through. 

I checked the server list and saw that the oce server had a higher ping rate (175ms) than that of ASI (151ms), although that seemed to revert back to normal as right now I'm having the same 180+ ping issue with the oce server showing 25ms.
I also checked the ip address of the server I was connecting to and it checks out to be in Sydney (143.244.63.108).  I've run multiple speed checks both while trying to play on high ping and in general and I can confirm that my internet is fine. 

I'm just trying to figure out what could be causing the issue. Has anyone else run into this problem? Funnily enough I have never encountered this before but I play with all three of these guys together for the first time and they said it was normal that they get this connection problem, and even said "Guess you're part of the Optus gang" keksD

• Hot 1

I've been back and fourth with battlestate trying to figure the issue out. While doing my own research I found that the IP of the server I'm getting disconnected to is the same every time. 

If you check your game logs and find this IP it might have something to do with the specific server. 

I don't know much about this stuff but that's what I've found 

After a bit more testing the problem seemed to have resolved itself. That or BSG did something. I'm running a ping test right now to the ip of the server and it seems to be back to normal. 
25-32ms normal

❤️ goodluck lads 
Also switching off optus soon cos the list of issues doesn't end with them kekw

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!
does each of you have a 1080ti?
i kinda feel its the GC somehow.

i tried every yt video to fix this... i just cant play

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am getting the same issue now, although it seems to be when playing on certain maps (shoreline and reserve) where i can play on most other maps freely. 
Launcher is set to OCE only and shows ping of 11, ISP is Telstra, in raid connection is 200 + before kick. 

subbed a ticket got the usual reply. I feel like some of the backend infrastructure might be getting DDOS or other load? also some other sources indicate high Disconnection rates, such as https://downdetector.com/status/escape-from-tarkov/

anyway hope the thread gains momentum - blew a few decent kits trying to do a reserve run with the boys :D

On 4/21/2021 at 4:18 PM, BrettB said:

Looks like its an optus thing. Plenty of others on the discord seem to not have a drama

nah im on telstra and ive been getting the same.

Its the OCE Servers i'm using singapore servers atm as my server since i won't get kicked for high ping for the moment you guys should do the same.

I'm assuming there fixing this issue but there hasn't been any posts to indicate this i've also reported it as a technical issue i believe you guys should do the same. hopefully they can get this fixed asap.

If you are having issues with high ping to the OCE server it is being investigated by the team.

It looks to be a routing issue between certain ISPs and one of the Tarkov Servers in a specific Datacenter (not all the Sydney servers are in the same location)

*This isnt an issue with the BSG server specifically just the routing some providers are using*

Providers affected:

- Optus

- Telstra

- TPG

- iiNET

BSG are working on the issue but its outside of their hands as its ISP routing problems

If you are experiencing this issue please submit a bug report, the more connection logs and data the support team have the better

Alternatively, you can attempt to play on any other servers with less than 140ish Ping (Singapore, California, Hong Kong etc) as these routes dont appear to be affected.

OR Use of a reputable VPN service like Exitlag to connect via their Sydney endpoints.

• 4 months later...

This is happening to a mate of mine, he’s with tpg. I never have this issue and I’m with Aussie broadband. Is there a fix to this as of yet? Surely it’s not still under investigations. I presume the problem is between their isp and connecting to bsg servers?

been having this issue since yesterday. constant 180+ ping on AUS server as scav and pmc, i am unable to play. i am with belong/telstra. unable to submit any bug reports also :(

Same here, home internet is TPG, phone is Telstra. Every second game getting 200+ ping. Have tested both Singapore and Sydney servers separately 

Edited by willco

This started happening to me when they changed the rules to start booting people with high pings to stop cheats in mid 2020. Basically forced me to quit back then. I have come back now, and have been booted at least once in my last 4 raids. Unfortunately OCE is the only viable server. ISP Telstra (ADSL2+ unfortunately)

same issue started occurring for me yesterday, am with TPG, is happening on aus and singapore servers. Ping is fine all raid or 200 ping and dc.