High Ping + disconnect every few raids on local server (OCE)

xBurd

I have recently started to get a very annoying *bug* where every few raids  I'll connect to a server with 185+ Ping. I don't have auto server selection on, instead I only have the Oce server ticked.
I was playing with 3 friends, 2 of which share the same ISP being OPTUS. The three of us all experienced the same thing, every few raids we would connect with high ping and get kicked a few seconds in. The 3rd guy didn't experience any issues although it us unknown what ISP he goes through. 

I checked the server list and saw that the oce server had a higher ping rate (175ms) than that of ASI (151ms), although that seemed to revert back to normal as right now I'm having the same 180+ ping issue with the oce server showing 25ms.
I also checked the ip address of the server I was connecting to and it checks out to be in Sydney (143.244.63.108).  I've run multiple speed checks both while trying to play on high ping and in general and I can confirm that my internet is fine. 

I'm just trying to figure out what could be causing the issue. Has anyone else run into this problem? Funnily enough I have never encountered this before but I play with all three of these guys together for the first time and they said it was normal that they get this connection problem, and even said "Guess you're part of the Optus gang" keksD

BrettB

Same here.. Optus as well. It was only for about 2 hours the other day then it came good?

Edited by BrettB
Alvilos

Hey so i have this problem too and no idea if its completely related but seems to be to coincidental to not be connected some how but I'm also optus.

xBurd

I've been back and fourth with battlestate trying to figure the issue out. While doing my own research I found that the IP of the server I'm getting disconnected to is the same every time. 

If you check your game logs and find this IP it might have something to do with the specific server. 

I don't know much about this stuff but that's what I've found 

xBurd

After a bit more testing the problem seemed to have resolved itself. That or BSG did something. I'm running a ping test right now to the ip of the server and it seems to be back to normal. 
25-32ms normal

❤️ goodluck lads 
Also switching off optus soon cos the list of issues doesn't end with them kekw

BrettB

Yeah mate, its been stable for us also. I dont think its optus though.

Ive got 35ms to that address.

Edited by BrettB
  • 2 weeks later...
tomivondererde

Hey guys!
does each of you have a 1080ti?
i kinda feel its the GC somehow.

i tried every yt video to fix this... i just cant play