Very important feedback on EFT (multiple issues)

Buttfarts01

I'll keep it short and concise, if needed or questioned, I'll elaborate on them further in replies. These are just off the top of my head. My perspective is from a veteran FPS & MMO player (20 years gaming & esports) Played the game for 500 hours now to be sure. My rig: i7 8700k, GTX 1080, 32gb DDR4 ram 3200Mhz, and I'm running the game from an SSD ofc.

Starting off with UI/menu stuff:
Opening traders and stuff is very laggy, which makes using menus/inventory management more tedious than needed.
Crafting in the hideout is even more so laggy, loading in the "list" of crafts just makes the game poo itsself, switching between crafting stations is even worse.
Managing crafting is way too tedious and boring, it needs to be optimized some way or another. Like not having to go individually to each station to receive then start a new craft. Maybe a RECEIVE ALL button for crafting? Also in general this mobile game type of waiting is super annoying just saying.
Also fix the goddamn crafting station lists, it's super annoying that any time you reopen them after crafting the list is completely randomized, all items are in a new place. Also receiving items makes the slider jump away from where you were, again, very annoying and time wasting. Another thing: sometimes when you receive your items the crafting station (usually workbench) gets greyed out and you cant start any crafts unless you back out of the menu and reenter it.

The game in general is a MASSIVE time waster so optimizing the UI/inventory management is a must, because thats where most of the time wastes away. Stuff like if you have a container open just let us ctrl+click items to go INSIDE the container not into our character's inventory. Very annoying to have to drag and drop everything. And let us assign poo to go into specific containers. Like if I'm buying barter/craft items off the flea market let me assign it to go into my lucky scav box instead of dumping it into my stash then having me go over all the garbage and drag and drop stuff into their containers.. Same with ammo, meds, ect.. This would save a huge amount of time.

The stuff that you guys are doing to balance bitcoin is dumb. Just set it to a fixed value and if you really want RL to influence it, have ~20% of the value be determined by RL price.

Also the hideout management and crafting grind is INSANE. Take a look at the values and set the max to whatever lvl 30 is right now in those 2 skills.  

The 3 item limit on the flea market is insane, it needs to be put up to 5 to start, the progression is good otherwise. In weapon presets when you want to buy weapon parts, it's very stupid that it searches for only traders at first, then you have to remove that option (which is usually behind the add offer button...)

Also all the loading is insane in this game, its almost as bad as GTA online was back in the day. Starting the game? Loading profile... Enter hideout? Loading hideout... Enter Raid? Suuuppper loading. (Seriously, it sometimes takes over 5 mins to load into a game on freaking EU..) And after leaving raid gotta load aaallll of these again.

And to close off the UI feedback: Please make us a way to create loadouts, maybe similarly to the weapon presets menu. So we can quickly equip stuff instead of having to manually go through our stash and containers, and in the end endup forgetting grenades, or a certain med, or something. It's a huge waste of time getting ready between raids as is.

Now for the ingame stuff:
Lets get the elephant in the room out of the way: Performance is very bad. Obviously it's being worked on, but yeah I can't gloss over it. It's insane how much ram this game eats up (and leaks sadly, cant go more than ~4 raids without restarting). I've taken multiple hours to optimize settings for this game (not just ingame) and the best I've managed is 75+ FPS (usually ranging from 75 to 150) and getting rid of some input lag. The game looks pretty horrible though to begin with. Mostly cause of anti aliasing poo. The game looks okay if you run it at 2x supersampling though. Weirdly it doesn't impact my FPS as much as I'd imagined if I do play with that option on, but it breaks sniper scopes soo.. Yeah, I'd say it's borderline unplayable otherwise, or rather just unenjoyable..

Partially related to this, the picture in picture rendering of snipers is so bad. Just go with fake zooming, or at least give us the option like in Insurgency. It's mind-boggling how some scopes have lower FPS INSIDE THE SCOPE (not talking about thermals and poo, but normal scopes), while outside the scope the game is running fine.

Movement is very janky. It's just not enjoyable tbh. Hoping the inertia update will improve it though, but yea, running, jumping stuff like that feels so sloggy. (Why does it take like almost over a full second to jump? It feels like an eternity between pressing space and my PMC jumping..) Movement often feels like the early days of PUBG when the input-lag was horrid and you had to compensate early for your movement. I often get that feeling in EFT, but I think it's partially due to sloppy movement mechanics, and bad performance, which together equal input-lag feeling. When performance is good it feels noticeably better, but due to how FPS tends to randomly dip in EFT, it's often unreliable.

Not sure how I feel about helmets, they just feel useless, getting one-tapped in altyns and rysts is just ugh... So lame.

Remove quests that require you to use XY weapons or wear XY. Its just not fun to go into a PvP raid with a gimped loadout to waste time, especially after the first month of the wipe. Like WOW GREAT I have to go to customs wearing a freaking SCAV VEST and an USHANKA with only a shotgun, NICE, I love wasting my time and money doing boring tasks, fighting geared people in a turd costume with a poo weapon, and eventually getting rolled by Reshala and his aimbot goons, because obviously he spawns when I have to run a crap loadout for stupid quests... It just feels so lame how much time the game makes you waste in menus and loading and stuff, and then you have to waste your time on these restrictive boring quests for multiple raids, keeping you from having fun. I guess I understand if it's made to be a money sink, but gosh it's so boring, at least make it fun and/or rewarding. The most times I've alt+f4d and went to play a different shooter was during these dumb restrictive quests. (woods kills hello?)

Remove shooter born in heaven while you're at it(or limit it to Woods only). Removing Interchange from it was a good move. Just take it out, its no fun (Tarkov shooter quests too, especially the last one, bin it). I assume it's because you want to show off sniper mechanics, or you want people to try out sniping as a playstyle. Don't force people into certain playstyles, let them play whatever they want. It's such a boring timesink. Plus it really brings out how poo the visibility/visuals are in the game (grass jaggies anyone?). Some popin and antialiasing things are straight up seizure inducing.  It also enforces sniper ratting which is just the most toxic kind of playstyle. And even worse... Exfil camping... (people actually quit the game over that, ya know?)

Since we're at the topic.. Can you please not encourage rat playstyles? It's prettymuch the best optimal way to play EFT, and so many features support it (also very afraid about the planned features, like having to use a lowered weapon stance.. all I can think of is it forces you to play more like a rat)... One of my friends literally just joins a game, sits in a bush somewhere that's relatively trafficked and plays on his phone until someone runs past, then he dunks on the poor chap. And he argues it's the most effective way to play EFT... And he's kinda right :/

And yeah.. you know it, the netcode. Desync is so bad man... Constantly dying around corners or in even worse freak desync situations, its a massive bummer, I'd say number one priority along with performance (and cheaters obvs). A fix to zeroing would be nice too.

I'll touch on the maps now:

Interchange: its an okay map, the concept is fun. The spawns are kinda crap. More ways to get on the second floor would be nice, as it's pretty damn limited atm. The main problem with this map is the damn lighting is very rat friendly. Sitting at the side of some dark store with your dick in your hand? Yeah, easy kills on anyone passing by. Also hatchet runners are a plague, you guys really need to come up with a way to abolish them for the next wipe. On all maps. (Dynamic loot pls? New spawn system maybe?)

SNOREline: God, I really want to like this map, but it just doesn't let you... The resort itsself  is pretty good (except for the completely broken audio where you can hear everyone above you from the ground floor, and also the dark as poo lighting similar to interchange.. Very often you can look down a hallway and not see a dude staring back at you, cause its PITCH BLACK). However the rest of the maps is meh at best. The pier-gas station crossroad is a needless deathtrap especially with all the quests that lead there. Powerhouse would be cool if there were any reason to go there. Cottage area is okay. The abandoned town is pretty crap. Swamp is filler bs same with scav island. The BIGGEST issue with this map is leaving the map. It's rat's galore. Like if you wanna go get all looted up you can go to Resort and if you make it, you can have some fun there, fight people head on, get some great loot. Now as soon as you have to leave it turns to poo, either you spend a year slogging your way to an exfil overweight, PRAYING that a sniper rat doesn't see you, or get onetapped by a sniper rat, or reach the exfil only to be dumped on by an exfil camping sniper rat... And its just SUCH a bummer when you fight with blood sweat and tears to take down decked-out squads in the Resort, only to be 1shot by someone who's been sitting on a hill dick in hand the whole game, makes you never want to play the map again.  The exfils are just so bad. Rock Passage is the best out of all, but still, it's not open half of the time, and it's VERY exposed and usually exfil camped.. Tunnel is sooooo far away, and very exposed, making it a prime spot for exfil sniping.. Road to customs is decent, but most of the way there you're exposed to too many angles for snipers again up until like the last quarter of the way. Pier exfil is a joke IT DOESNT EVEN SHOW WHETHER THE EXFIL IS OPEN OR NOT, THE BOAT'S LAMP ISN'T ON EVEN IF ITS OPEN, you have to pray your way through the deathrap that is the crossroads at gas station (again, very exposed to snipers), then run across the docks with literally no cover, exposed to half the snipers on the map, only to find out the exfil is actually CLOSED, so you have to run back through all those deathtraps again... And CCP is just useless.. First of all I've never seen it open apart from the very start of the game, and there's just no reason anyone would run to that exfil when you can run to Road which is always open and is closer. There's just no reason anyone would be around that area, especially towards the end of the game, you just wouldn't run through that open field to find out that it's closed again... Just have CCP open all the time, and maybe it would get some use... Anyway, I'd completely rework the exfils of shoreline. Add more, some closer to the middle of the map (like ZB016 on woods, or 13 on customs). I'd also break up a lot of sniper sightlines probably with trees and make the current exfils more safer, discourage exfil camping guys... 

Customs: This is a pretty good map now that it's been expanded. Good pathing, mostly clever object placement for movement. Biggest negative that comes to mind is the lighting in 3story dorms.. Especially on the 3rd floor. There's just no visibility there, I've had deaths where I've had to save the footage to watch it back to find out where my killer was along the hallway, yet STILL can't see him, eventhough I have saturation cranked up and postFX specifically tailored for that damn floor. Otherwise there's just some sound bugs (the garages around RUAF comes to mind).

WoodzZz: Yeah, this one's very boring, just scrap it... If the visibility would be better in this game it would be okay, but man trees and vegetation are UGLY as hell. TXAA makes them a blurry mess, no AA is a downright disgusting pixellated mess (never seen a game look so bad without AA until I found EFT). The only way it looks okay is on 2X supersampling, but yea we know how bad the game's performance is by default, and the fact that 2xSS breaks sniper scopes is kinda the opposite of what you want on woods.. Basically the whole map is about getting cheap kills and a lot of wondering around. Not much in terms of exciting loot, Shturman is okay but a bad experience to loot tbh because of how exposed the lumber mill is to so many sniper angles. And the exfils are kinda too far apart. Also F the inner minefield, such a useless irritating feature. Plus the map is way too reliant on the weather. Like if it's foggy (which it often is) you might as well just leave the game. Just put this one in the bin, please...

Reserve: Definitely one of the better maps. Wish there were some less restrictive exfils, but they're generally fun, like train and hermetic come to mind. Just enough sniper sightlines where they are still a threat, but not overwhelming. Underground is kinda cool, the atmosphere of the whole map is very cool. Again just get rid of hatchet runners, cause they are ruining the game. Especially cool spooky map at night raids!

Factory: We'll see how it turns out with the expansion next patch. I like the audio ques, dislike the visibility (not lighting related for once, just color).

Labs: This one's nice. Just PLEASE don't let squads into games with solos.. This map would be much more fun that way. Other than that, it's the lighting again that's my main issue, it's so hard to spot people sometimes due to them being basically a shadow among the same color of other shadows, also not a big fan of how sound cuts out at some places (mainly relating to elevation).. But otherwise, great map, FINALLY no snipers which makes it that much more fun. Nice covers & object placement, nice risk-reward gameplay. Raiders mechanic is pretty fun too. (Oh and obviously get rid of cheaters pls.)

So yeah that's prettymuch it. Iron these things out and the game'll be 10/10 with a great foundation to build on, just need to get this dirty work out of the way. (would like to emphasize performance again ((especially now that there will be a shortage of new PC parts atleast for a year)))

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Buttfarts01 said:

I'll keep it short and concise, if needed or questioned, I'll elaborate on them further in replies. These are just off the top of my head. My perspective is from a veteran FPS & MMO player (20 years gaming & esports) Played the game for 500 hours now to be sure. My rig: i7 8700k, GTX 1080, 32gb DDR4 ram 3200Mhz, and I'm running the game from an SSD ofc.

Starting off with UI/menu stuff:
Opening traders and stuff is very laggy, which makes using menus/inventory management more tedious than needed.
Crafting in the hideout is even more so laggy, loading in the "list" of crafts just makes the game poo itsself, switching between crafting stations is even worse.
Managing crafting is way too tedious and boring, it needs to be optimized some way or another. Like not having to go individually to each station to receive then start a new craft. Maybe a RECEIVE ALL button for crafting? Also in general this mobile game type of waiting is super annoying just saying.
Also fix the goddamn crafting station lists, it's super annoying that any time you reopen them after crafting the list is completely randomized, all items are in a new place. Also receiving items makes the slider jump away from where you were, again, very annoying and time wasting. Another thing: sometimes when you receive your items the crafting station (usually workbench) gets greyed out and you cant start any crafts unless you back out of the menu and reenter it.

The game in general is a MASSIVE time waster so optimizing the UI/inventory management is a must, because thats where most of the time wastes away. Stuff like if you have a container open just let us ctrl+click items to go INSIDE the container not into our character's inventory. Very annoying to have to drag and drop everything. And let us assign poo to go into specific containers. Like if I'm buying barter/craft items off the flea market let me assign it to go into my lucky scav box instead of dumping it into my stash then having me go over all the garbage and drag and drop stuff into their containers.. Same with ammo, meds, ect.. This would save a huge amount of time.

The stuff that you guys are doing to balance bitcoin is dumb. Just set it to a fixed value and if you really want RL to influence it, have ~20% of the value be determined by RL price.

Also the hideout management and crafting grind is INSANE. Take a look at the values and set the max to whatever lvl 30 is right now in those 2 skills.  

The 3 item limit on the flea market is insane, it needs to be put up to 5 to start, the progression is good otherwise. In weapon presets when you want to buy weapon parts, it's very stupid that it searches for only traders at first, then you have to remove that option (which is usually behind the add offer button...)

Also all the loading is insane in this game, its almost as bad as GTA online was back in the day. Starting the game? Loading profile... Enter hideout? Loading hideout... Enter Raid? Suuuppper loading. (Seriously, it sometimes takes over 5 mins to load into a game on freaking EU..) And after leaving raid gotta load aaallll of these again.

And to close off the UI feedback: Please make us a way to create loadouts, maybe similarly to the weapon presets menu. So we can quickly equip stuff instead of having to manually go through our stash and containers, and in the end endup forgetting grenades, or a certain med, or something. It's a huge waste of time getting ready between raids as is.

Now for the ingame stuff:
Lets get the elephant in the room out of the way: Performance is very bad. Obviously it's being worked on, but yeah I can't gloss over it. It's insane how much ram this game eats up (and leaks sadly, cant go more than ~4 raids without restarting). I've taken multiple hours to optimize settings for this game (not just ingame) and the best I've managed is 75+ FPS (usually ranging from 75 to 150) and getting rid of some input lag. The game looks pretty horrible though to begin with. Mostly cause of anti aliasing poo. The game looks okay if you run it at 2x supersampling though. Weirdly it doesn't impact my FPS as much as I'd imagined if I do play with that option on, but it breaks sniper scopes soo.. Yeah, I'd say it's borderline unplayable otherwise, or rather just unenjoyable..

Partially related to this, the picture in picture rendering of snipers is so bad. Just go with fake zooming, or at least give us the option like in Insurgency. It's mind-boggling how some scopes have lower FPS INSIDE THE SCOPE (not talking about thermals and poo, but normal scopes), while outside the scope the game is running fine.

Movement is very janky. It's just not enjoyable tbh. Hoping the inertia update will improve it though, but yea, running, jumping stuff like that feels so sloggy. (Why does it take like almost over a full second to jump? It feels like an eternity between pressing space and my PMC jumping..) Movement often feels like the early days of PUBG when the input-lag was horrid and you had to compensate early for your movement. I often get that feeling in EFT, but I think it's partially due to sloppy movement mechanics, and bad performance, which together equal input-lag feeling. When performance is good it feels noticeably better, but due to how FPS tends to randomly dip in EFT, it's often unreliable.

Not sure how I feel about helmets, they just feel useless, getting one-tapped in altyns and rysts is just ugh... So lame.

Remove quests that require you to use XY weapons or wear XY. Its just not fun to go into a PvP raid with a gimped loadout to waste time, especially after the first month of the wipe. Like WOW GREAT I have to go to customs wearing a freaking SCAV VEST and an USHANKA with only a shotgun, NICE, I love wasting my time and money doing boring tasks, fighting geared people in a turd costume with a poo weapon, and eventually getting rolled by Reshala and his aimbot goons, because obviously he spawns when I have to run a crap loadout for stupid quests... It just feels so lame how much time the game makes you waste in menus and loading and stuff, and then you have to waste your time on these restrictive boring quests for multiple raids, keeping you from having fun. I guess I understand if it's made to be a money sink, but gosh it's so boring, at least make it fun and/or rewarding. The most times I've alt+f4d and went to play a different shooter was during these dumb restrictive quests. (woods kills hello?)

Remove shooter born in heaven while you're at it(or limit it to Woods only). Removing Interchange from it was a good move. Just take it out, its no fun (Tarkov shooter quests too, especially the last one, bin it). I assume it's because you want to show off sniper mechanics, or you want people to try out sniping as a playstyle. Don't force people into certain playstyles, let them play whatever they want. It's such a boring timesink. Plus it really brings out how poo the visibility/visuals are in the game (grass jaggies anyone?). Some popin and antialiasing things are straight up seizure inducing.  It also enforces sniper ratting which is just the most toxic kind of playstyle. And even worse... Exfil camping... (people actually quit the game over that, ya know?)

Since we're at the topic.. Can you please not encourage rat playstyles? It's prettymuch the best optimal way to play EFT, and so many features support it (also very afraid about the planned features, like having to use a lowered weapon stance.. all I can think of is it forces you to play more like a rat)... One of my friends literally just joins a game, sits in a bush somewhere that's relatively trafficked and plays on his phone until someone runs past, then he dunks on the poor chap. And he argues it's the most effective way to play EFT... And he's kinda right :/

And yeah.. you know it, the netcode. Desync is so bad man... Constantly dying around corners or in even worse freak desync situations, its a massive bummer, I'd say number one priority along with performance (and cheaters obvs). A fix to zeroing would be nice too.

I'll touch on the maps now:

Interchange: its an okay map, the concept is fun. The spawns are kinda crap. More ways to get on the second floor would be nice, as it's pretty damn limited atm. The main problem with this map is the damn lighting is very rat friendly. Sitting at the side of some dark store with your dick in your hand? Yeah, easy kills on anyone passing by. Also hatchet runners are a plague, you guys really need to come up with a way to abolish them for the next wipe. On all maps. (Dynamic loot pls? New spawn system maybe?)

SNOREline: God, I really want to like this map, but it just doesn't let you... The resort itsself  is pretty good (except for the completely broken audio where you can hear everyone above you from the ground floor, and also the dark as poo lighting similar to interchange.. Very often you can look down a hallway and not see a dude staring back at you, cause its PITCH BLACK). However the rest of the maps is meh at best. The pier-gas station crossroad is a needless deathtrap especially with all the quests that lead there. Powerhouse would be cool if there were any reason to go there. Cottage area is okay. The abandoned town is pretty crap. Swamp is filler bs same with scav island. The BIGGEST issue with this map is leaving the map. It's rat's galore. Like if you wanna go get all looted up you can go to Resort and if you make it, you can have some fun there, fight people head on, get some great loot. Now as soon as you have to leave it turns to poo, either you spend a year slogging your way to an exfil overweight, PRAYING that a sniper rat doesn't see you, or get onetapped by a sniper rat, or reach the exfil only to be dumped on by an exfil camping sniper rat... And its just SUCH a bummer when you fight with blood sweat and tears to take down decked-out squads in the Resort, only to be 1shot by someone who's been sitting on a hill dick in hand the whole game, makes you never want to play the map again.  The exfils are just so bad. Rock Passage is the best out of all, but still, it's not open half of the time, and it's VERY exposed and usually exfil camped.. Tunnel is sooooo far away, and very exposed, making it a prime spot for exfil sniping.. Road to customs is decent, but most of the way there you're exposed to too many angles for snipers again up until like the last quarter of the way. Pier exfil is a joke IT DOESNT EVEN SHOW WHETHER THE EXFIL IS OPEN OR NOT, THE BOAT'S LAMP ISN'T ON EVEN IF ITS OPEN, you have to pray your way through the deathrap that is the crossroads at gas station (again, very exposed to snipers), then run across the docks with literally no cover, exposed to half the snipers on the map, only to find out the exfil is actually CLOSED, so you have to run back through all those deathtraps again... And CCP is just useless.. First of all I've never seen it open apart from the very start of the game, and there's just no reason anyone would run to that exfil when you can run to Road which is always open and is closer. There's just no reason anyone would be around that area, especially towards the end of the game, you just wouldn't run through that open field to find out that it's closed again... Just have CCP open all the time, and maybe it would get some use... Anyway, I'd completely rework the exfils of shoreline. Add more, some closer to the middle of the map (like ZB016 on woods, or 13 on customs). I'd also break up a lot of sniper sightlines probably with trees and make the current exfils more safer, discourage exfil camping guys... 

Customs: This is a pretty good map now that it's been expanded. Good pathing, mostly clever object placement for movement. Biggest negative that comes to mind is the lighting in 3story dorms.. Especially on the 3rd floor. There's just no visibility there, I've had deaths where I've had to save the footage to watch it back to find out where my killer was along the hallway, yet STILL can't see him, eventhough I have saturation cranked up and postFX specifically tailored for that damn floor. Otherwise there's just some sound bugs (the garages around RUAF comes to mind).

WoodzZz: Yeah, this one's very boring, just scrap it... If the visibility would be better in this game it would be okay, but man trees and vegetation are UGLY as hell. TXAA makes them a blurry mess, no AA is a downright disgusting pixellated mess (never seen a game look so bad without AA until I found EFT). The only way it looks okay is on 2X supersampling, but yea we know how bad the game's performance is by default, and the fact that 2xSS breaks sniper scopes is kinda the opposite of what you want on woods.. Basically the whole map is about getting cheap kills and a lot of wondering around. Not much in terms of exciting loot, Shturman is okay but a bad experience to loot tbh because of how exposed the lumber mill is to so many sniper angles. And the exfils are kinda too far apart. Also F the inner minefield, such a useless irritating feature. Plus the map is way too reliant on the weather. Like if it's foggy (which it often is) you might as well just leave the game. Just put this one in the bin, please...

Reserve: Definitely one of the better maps. Wish there were some less restrictive exfils, but they're generally fun, like train and hermetic come to mind. Just enough sniper sightlines where they are still a threat, but not overwhelming. Underground is kinda cool, the atmosphere of the whole map is very cool. Again just get rid of hatchet runners, cause they are ruining the game. Especially cool spooky map at night raids!

Factory: We'll see how it turns out with the expansion next patch. I like the audio ques, dislike the visibility (not lighting related for once, just color).

Labs: This one's nice. Just PLEASE don't let squads into games with solos.. This map would be much more fun that way. Other than that, it's the lighting again that's my main issue, it's so hard to spot people sometimes due to them being basically a shadow among the same color of other shadows, also not a big fan of how sound cuts out at some places (mainly relating to elevation).. But otherwise, great map, FINALLY no snipers which makes it that much more fun. Nice covers & object placement, nice risk-reward gameplay. Raiders mechanic is pretty fun too. (Oh and obviously get rid of cheaters pls.)

So yeah that's prettymuch it. Iron these things out and the game'll be 10/10 with a great foundation to build on, just need to get this dirty work out of the way. (would like to emphasize performance again ((especially now that there will be a shortage of new PC parts atleast for a year)))

Definitely agree with the time waste, would love to be able to ctrl click stuff in to the open container, i mean it is very rare that i want any thing from my scav box into my character inventory, but if i had one container open and ctrl clicked on stuff in my stash it should go in to the open container, and if i had two containers open the items i click should go into the other open container. Character loadout YES PLEASE, you can litteraly sit for 15 minutes and for your slow friend to get ready.

Also strongly agree about the bitcoin, i thougt it was a very nice feature to include something that depends on real life stuff, i can ofcourse see that the bitcoin hitting 800k-1mil is over the line, but i liked the way that you could see the whole econnomy change from just one thing raising or lowering in price, graphiccards, fuel and so on, depended on the changing price of the bitcoin.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, RACWAR said:

This has got to be one of the worst posts I've ever seen.

nice counterpoints mr furry ✌️

Edited by Buttfarts01

• 5 months later...
On 4/21/2021 at 7:33 AM, Buttfarts01 said:

nice counterpoints mr furry ✌️

While this post is many months old, a large number of the points raised remain.

Thank you @Buttfarts01 for the effort put into this post and all readers should take note that this is better feedback than many "Streamers" have given. The same streamers that have just decided to leave the game after gag-balling themselves and not pushing for these many fixes. Why, for fear of losing favour with Nikita and the Dev's!

Maybe this game need an entirely new engine and ensure the terrible quests and not included in the linear quest path? https://escapefromtarkov.fandom.com/wiki/The_survivalist_path_-_Cold_blooded is a fine quest to be rewarded for, but why have a quest that requires cheesing or RNG and has to be complete before 4 other quests open up, just make it available from day 1. Maybe make all the cheese missions achievements instead of pathways.

I still love ETF but many (actually all) of my IRL friends have simply abandoned it for other games, actually to be correct they have mostly rage quit the game due to the terrible netcode, lag, consistent unfixed bugs, game mechanics, crafting mechanics, RNG, vertical audio and glitches including audio lag (after bag search and people pushing) hackers, and the lack of a game replay to understand how they were killed by a "suspected hacker" to help with reporting!

On 4/20/2021 at 6:16 AM, RACWAR said:

This has got to be one of the worst posts I've ever seen.

I agree.  This was tough to read (especially since some of his points were completely wrong - or have changed since his initial post)... like really hard to read.  I genuinely disagree with large chunks of his review, especially the map commentary (talk about a waste of typing).  Also, the game is still in Beta, so it is being worked on...

So taking that into consideration, is sounds like the OP should stick to his COD slide around parachute from every building FPSs.  Survival Looter RPG FPSs are not his thing.