katai

Have they made any new update on scavs? 
Played a game on my lunch and first 40seconds I got tapped in the head two times but helmet saved me.
A few minutes later a scav nades me behind a ton of poo while I were listening for sounds. (not the same scav)

katai
Posted (edited)

Customs, and it was at construction road so no raiders. But Anywho they feel abit broken, so take scavs with great care today xD

Edited by katai
grammar
scrappercb

Could be cultists, could also be a player scav with a really pro gaming chair and blue light filtering gamer glasses.

maniacrules
vor 16 Minuten schrieb scrappercb:

Could be cultists, could also be a player scav with a really pro gaming chair and blue light filtering gamer glasses.

this ^
Nah, i guess i just saw him too late. Then the scavs got enough time to fire their laser on your head :^)

Volcanus

Only problem i have noticed with scavs since last patch is that they know you are looking at them even from large distances away. For instance was sitting 180m out in a bush looking at a scav position and i aimed over the scav and it instantly knew i had target on it, then turned towards me and started shooting. Had this happen a heck of a lot since they changed the scav AI last small patch. 

They seem to react way too quick without hearing or seeing you now and i think it leads to the problem of people thinking that they are more accurate. The real problem is how fast they can acquisition you now which puts you into their red timer quicker.

To explain what i mean by red timer- There is a period of time a scav has to when they gain close to 100% accuracy to the target they are aiming at. First is the "startle" phase, this is when they shoot with a very very low chance of hitting close to 10-20% chance depending on the range from you to the target, then you have the green phase where its close to 50% chance to hit exposed areas on the body or armored locations, red phase is when they are going to hit you with their shots no matter what, unless the gun has velocity issues due to range meaning where the bot is aiming might be altered by ammo values. In this red phase they are the most deadly. 

Startle to red is normally from 0.1 second to 4 seconds. The longer YOU are exposed to them the more deadly they become. Before the last patch to reset the scav from red to green was 6 seconds behind cover (0% visibility to scav). Meaning you can't peak them during this time otherwise they will reset the timer. I think now BSG changed it to be like 3 seconds of tracking or something. 

For the grenade question, scavs are just gods at throwing them. Be it boss, raider or normal scav they will hit YOU with the nade nearly every time. Further away you are the more chance it will kill you most times coz of the fuse XD

katai

Its not like im new to the game, but something seemed off so I went to this forum and  checked if you guys had any knowledge if they got buffed or something. You might be on to something there Volcanus

Volcanus
2 minutes ago, katai said:

Its not like im new to the game, but something seemed off so I went to this forum and  checked if you guys had any knowledge if they got buffed or something. You might be on to something there Volcanus

That's because it is how it kinda works. Like it isn't exact because i can't get the time values for the AI, but most have known for a while that time increases the deadliness of the AI scavs. The reason Raiders are harder is because they are always on red alert. 

Basically what i was getting at though in my post but i forgot to mention it is due to the scavs now being more aware you are there just because you aim at them is that the timer for when they get deadly is much quicker now because the instant you see a scav you need to have shot at it before it hits the hidden timer for them to become really deadly. 

This is probably why people are saying "they are more deadly". It is more that the scav became aware of the player before the player knew it and when they engage the scav they get nailed. 

Mart7Mcfl7

Scavs: Terminator headshots, sixth sense, able to throw like a pro-basketballer...

Also Scavs: spawn in as one and get a heavy bleed. Dumb as F)(k super soldiers can't figure out how to make a tourniquet out of a bandage.