Hello guys, i'd like to start a hardware discussion, recommended GPUs for tarkov? New and old

The_Salad_Man

Hello everyone, sorry for posting off-topic stuff here but I couldn't find the hardware forum.
Anyways, I wanted to discuss about the recommended graphics card for tarkov, cause my old RX480 won't play anything other than customs (at more than 40FPS).

So what do you guys think? I'm taking advice for new and old cards as well.

Here's my system info

Processor        : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8500 CPU @ 3.00GHz, 3000 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)

Motherboard   : Z370 GAMING PLUS (MS-7B61)

RAM                  24.0 GB

GPU                   : Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics 4GB VRAM

PSU                    : Thermaltake Smart 700W

and my case is quite small but I could cut out some SATA slots and it'll be fine.

gkcx2002

Unfortunately there are guys out there with monster rigs that are getting poor performance. I'm in the market for a new rig and I'm looking to go max spec. I keep having second thoughts because its a lot of money to get such poor performance on this game which what I'm solely playing at the moment. 

Xa_Z_aX

Processor        : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 6 Core(s), 12 Thread(s)

Motherboard   : Gigabyte Z390 UD

RAM                  : 32.00GB 3200Mhz Kingston HyperX Fury

GPU                   : Asus ROG Strix A8G GTX1080

PSU                    : Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W

Display              : LG 27" GL850-B (1440p 165hz)
This is what i'm running at 1440p and get an almost 60fps on all maps (with my graphics settings in-game being a little special). If you are running 1080p, i'm this would need the minimum for 60fps solid on all maps.
With any upgrades to current gen on CPU side plus a 20 series GPU at least, you'd be pretty alright.

Bigemane

Ive got a 10700k + rtx 3080 TUF and Tarkov installed on an nvme ssd. I play 1440p

I only get 100+ fps on Factory. Customs fluctuates like crazy, same with reserve. Most my settings are low-medium.

This game is less optimized than ARK which is notorious for being horrible on any rig.

BrettB

I just (today) went from 5700 XT to 6800XT and its nicer. Maybe from 70 FPS to 90 on reserve.

Feels nicer and smoother though. I think the game like lots of RAM and VRAM.

The_Salad_Man
16 hours ago, HitmanAgent47 said:

i'm thinkin that you may need to upgrade your Processor and GPU 

Processor? I upgraded it in 2018, not a priority for me right now.

The_Salad_Man
7 hours ago, BrettB said:

I just (today) went from 5700 XT to 6800XT and its nicer. Maybe from 70 FPS to 90 on reserve.

Feels nicer and smoother though. I think the game like lots of RAM and VRAM.

Looking to sell? I'd be interested...

TarkovCitizen4431498

I'd say get at least something like a RTX2070 or AMD equivalent if your budget allows it. Your CPU only bottlenecks it with 7 FPS. RTX3070 or higher makes no sense as your CPU will bottleneck it hard. Yes, FPS will increase, but you will not be using the maximum potential of the GPU.

Also I think you are hurting your FPS with 24GB as that's most likely running in single-channel, which makes you lose a couple FPS. Get 16 or 32GB.

paracelsus1981
On 4/20/2021 at 11:37 PM, gkcx2002 said:

Unfortunately there are guys out there with monster rigs that are getting poor performance. I'm in the market for a new rig and I'm looking to go max spec. I keep having second thoughts because its a lot of money to get such poor performance on this game which what I'm solely playing at the moment. 

I was in you situation. I thought "is it really worth it if all I play are two poorly optimized early access titles?". And guess what bit by bit I bought other games as well since my new PC can handle EVERYTHING. MUAHAHAHAHA 

MouldyNuts

3600, 1660 super, high textures mid shadows, 75fps on all maps at 1440p. You dont need an expensive card to run the game well, just tweak some shadow and pointless settings

TheLynxster

Processor        : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 4.20GHz, 6 Core(s), 12 Thread(s)

Motherboard   : ASUS Prime H310M-A

RAM                  : 16.00GB 2400Mhz Corsair Vengeance DDR4

GPU                   : Palit NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 8GB

PSU                    : Corsair VS-650W

Display              : 2x HP 25x 25'' (1080p 144hz)

I hover around 100 FPS on Factory with the following settings.

Tarkov Settings.png

JerryLove
On 4/20/2021 at 5:37 PM, gkcx2002 said:

I'm in the market for a new rig and I'm looking to go max spec. I keep having second thoughts because its a lot of money to get such poor performance on this game which what I'm solely playing at the moment. 

It was a lot of money. 

Then the shortage came. 

Now it's an insane amount of money to find the CPU and GPU.