Sli

nickivan2270

Will the game be sli ready with a nvidia profile and all that? Please don't forget all the people with rig that have sli. It would be horrible if the game was not also optimized for sli. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/11/2016 at 7:26 PM, Elitepwnsface said:

While the facts states the game will just wonder how well. Going to have 3 GTX 980ti in sli. Should be wild

Going over 2 GPU's is practically pointless. Especially since he paid $1900, just for GPU's. SLI isn't even used in 3/4 games well with 2 cards, more so even three, and it's generally better to just get one good card. Dude's attempting to show off, and I doubt he even actually has them.

Ur so cool bro, can I join the pointless 3 way sli club?.. You've just shown how extremely uneducated you are on computers. Did you pay a $500 installation fee for "all those parts" too, even though you only have to push two buttons and slide them in?

I wouldn't brag about a 3 way 980ti sli, as you'll be laughed at by people that know what they're talking about and actually know stuff about this subject.

Edited by AsOiX
  • Upvote 1

The SLI will be there when the OBT will start :) Untill that ejnoy ur GPU overkill and then at some point, u'll notice that, third GPU was a pointless purchase and that TWO GPU's do require quite a lot of nerves etc. U'll loose ur hair why games always crash when SLI is enabled and why there's some lil input lag etc... Man you can still return two GPU's? Can you? Then do it and save for next GM archetecture :) 

• 1 year later...
On 2/14/2016 at 2:40 PM, AsOiX said:

Going over 2 GPU's is practically pointless. Especially since he paid $1900, just for GPU's. SLI isn't even used in 3/4 games well with 2 cards, more so even three, and it's generally better to just get one good card. Dude's attempting to show off, and I doubt he even actually has them.

Ur so cool bro, can I join the pointless 3 way sli club?.. You've just shown how extremely uneducated you are on computers. Did you pay a $500 installation fee for "all those parts" too, even though you only have to push two buttons and slide them in?

I wouldn't brag about a 3 way 980ti sli, as you'll be laughed at by people that know what they're talking about and actually know stuff about this subject.

I for one actually do know quite a bit about this subject and the only person in this thread that should be laughed at is you. A post like yours makes me cringe. It's full of assumptions and ignorance. I run pretty extreme systems myself. Not always for gaming but I do game on a couple of them. I say, if you got it and it works, then use it. You are right about SLI scaling dropping off with 3+ cards. But if you have a working profile it'll still give performance gain no matter how significant/insignificant. Hell I use two high end GPUs just to push 2560x1440 at a constant 144+ fps on my main gaming rig. And in some newer titles I'm starting to see performance drop. Single card solutions are always optimal but we aren't quite there yet for certain higher end monitor setups. Here's to hoping Vega pushes Nvidia to come with it when launching Volta. Contempt is a sad thing, by the way.

• 3 months later...

I was able to get SLI Scaling to work by simply forcing SLI AFR 2 in Nvidia control panel. Seems to be working well and with in game vsync on and an external framerate limiter set to two frames under my monitors refresh rate I get no microstuttering.

• 7 months later...

GTX 980 TI x3 sli  will still perform worse than the GTX 1080 TI...save the money and get yourself the 1080TI. Always remember, they will never be able to fix the micro stutter effect that happens with Tri-Sli cards. Just saying.