stream sniping bs

viber7777

Is stream sniping not a bannable offense??? I have ran into the same mofo 4-5 times, im covering my game code and he still knows where i am. What can i do??

• Sad 3
PardTheTroll

Put a delay on your stream or simply do not stream ...

Edited by PardTheTroll
  • Like 1
Majlo

Stream sniping is not a bannable offense, because it's not BSG's responsibility and never will be.

Getting stream sniped is a risk you're taking by streaming and if you really don't want to you can always stop streaming.
Alternatively, hide any information (raid code, don't talk about what servers you're on, ping, etc.) and put a higher delay (increase it until it's no longer a problem for you).

If you somehow have evidence (like, how the duck would you have that lmao?), you can go to twitch and get the sniper's twitch account suspended, as it's against twitch's TOS to stream snipe (but not against BSG's).

In reality though, if you don't want to get stream sniped, then don't stream. It really is that simple.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
viber7777

thanks @majilo     

i understand. i dont want to stop streaming but its whatever. this stream happened a while ago but it happened again to a buddy so i wanted to bring up the topic to see if it was bannable thing. quite annoying

Spectator6

Let me get this straight...

• Player A publicly displays his screen online for everyone to see and names his character in such a way that this footage is readily accessible by those who discover his dog tag
  • Player B uses this to his advantage to gain an edge
  • Player A feels slighted, wants Player B's rights to the game he purchased to be permanently removed

Seriously mate? 

kelevra_06
vor 8 Minuten schrieb viber7777:

you may as well have wallhacks

Dude..at first you complain about getting sniped while streaming. What is your fault and no one elses. Then you say he may also have wall hacks just because he doesnt share your opinion.🤔

vor 8 Minuten schrieb viber7777:

i get thats how it sounds but its an unfair way to gain an advantage

If you cant handle streaming, dont do it. Or stream singleplayer games.

Edited by kelevra_06
viber7777

aight my bad i didnt expect to get this many people disagreeing with me, not one person agreeing. sorry for posting. will stop streaming i guess

Spectator6
11 minutes ago, viber7777 said:

@Spectator6 i get thats how it sounds but its an unfair way to gain an advantage, you may as well have wallhacks

Hmmm... The information is being freely and conveniently given by Player A (ie "Hi, I have ttv in my name and it matches, please look me up if you want to see what I'm currently doing!")

What part of that is BSG's or Battleye's responsibility?

• Upvote 1
Spectator6
18 minutes ago, viber7777 said:

aight my bad i didnt expect to get this many people disagreeing with me, not one person agreeing. sorry for posting. will stop streaming i guess

What would happen if you change your in game name to something completely different? Give no indication you are streaming?

• Upvote 1
Xarc

@viber7777

Until Twitch and BSG (or any developer) does not have a protocol between them, about stream sniping and if they don't update their TOSes and again after that, they don't spread the modification made in every media they own (to inform people), streaming sniping will still be a problem.

Also they have to come with methods of detection (they don't need to ban innocent people just from hearsay's).

sKSp33d

getting hate mail and random friend requests because you killed a streamer when trying to get "shooter born in heaven" is a complete BS issue, dont need to stream snipe to get hate, just kill any streamer and get called a rat and other unfavorable names. people die people live, dont be sending hate or encourage your stream to do so, teach them to accept fate of the game mechanics please, dont be toxic as a streamer. dont like stream sniping add an hour delay that way you'll never ever get that issue or stop streaming and just post videos on youtube without streaming.

swats73

Unfortunately stream snipers happen to every streamer at some point. If you stream you open yourself up to this kind of behaviour. It is just something as streamer you have to deal with.

Swats73