Roll when Prone

PrometheusPrime

PrometheusPrime

I think it would be really useful if you could roll onto your back or sides while prone. For example if you are prone and shooting someone in front of you and you hear someone behind you, you can roll onto your stomach and shoot from that position instead of having to get up and turn around or slowly turn around while still laying down.

Back position.jpg

Spectator6

What would happen if the player had a huge backpack on?

-----------------

EDIT: And I forgot to say, welcome to the forums @PrometheusPrime! :)

Edited by Spectator6
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Zipzip

I for one would welcome this. Anything that makes the movement more flexible is great. Vaulting and lifting yourself up, would also be great.

Turning on your back like that should be limited to players without a backpack.
Vaulting should be possible for all.
Lifting yourself up is limited to a certain weight.

• Like 2
ACuddlyBadger

Being more flexible while prone would be very nice. Its a kinda useless stance atm. 

• Like 1
PrometheusPrime
1 hour ago, Spectator6 said:

What would happen if the player had a huge backpack on?

-----------------

EDIT: And I forgot to say, welcome to the forums @PrometheusPrime! :)

Thanks for the welcome :),

I thought about backpacks in my post but wanted to leave it open to see if other people thought about it as well and their thoughts on the matter. It would be difficult to work around backpacks. Many things could be implemented for it such as size of backpacks and what's in the backpack/ how full it is. as a basic thought to backpack restriction I'd say at most you could do is roll onto your side instead of all the way onto your back. Larger width backpacks could potentially restrict how far on your side you could go as well.

PrometheusPrime
1 hour ago, Zipzip said:

I for one would welcome this. Anything that makes the movement more flexible is great. Vaulting and lifting yourself up, would also be great.

Turning on your back like that should be limited to players without a backpack.
Vaulting should be possible for all.
Lifting yourself up is limited to a certain weight.

I love the idea of Vaulting! I'm in full support of the freedom of movement especially that one. I've talked to my buddies a lot about what BSG could potentially implement and that's an idea that's brought up often

I have another comment on here of how backpacks could be restricted if you wanted to read my thoughts on it but I'd say if we implement backpack restrictions to the roll idea then those with no backpack should at the very least roll onto their back faster especially since they weigh less.

Spectator6
25 minutes ago, PrometheusPrime said:

Thanks for the welcome :),

I thought about backpacks in my post but wanted to leave it open to see if other people thought about it as well and their thoughts on the matter. It would be difficult to work around backpacks. Many things could be implemented for it such as size of backpacks and what's in the backpack/ how full it is. as a basic thought to backpack restriction I'd say at most you could do is roll onto your side instead of all the way onto your back. Larger width backpacks could potentially restrict how far on your side you could go as well.

Out of reactions, but just wanted to say that I like these ideas! 

18 minutes ago, PrometheusPrime said:

then those with no backpack should at the very least roll onto their back faster especially since they weigh less.

Yes, perhaps this could be tied to overall encumbrance as well? So a bulky player wearing heavy armor would transition slower than a lightly geared player.

• Upvote 1
Zipzip
17 hours ago, Spectator6 said:

Yes, perhaps this could be tied to overall encumbrance as well? So a bulky player wearing heavy armor would transition slower than a lightly geared player.

I feel like making lesser geared players more agile, should also open up for making armor a bit more sturdy. So that you have that balance. Paying 500k roubles for a chest armor only to have it ruined by a few 40 roubles buckshots feels horrible. Higher agility and sturdier armor, or at least give it a better repair rate out of raid maybe. There has to be advantages to both, and if lesser geared gets a buff, so should better geared. Does that make sence?