game needs a wipe

MouldyNuts

I'm a lvl 20 scrub trying to do quests, but even I can see the game needs a reset. All I run into are omegachads or scavs, and woods matchmaking takes 10 mins to find a single match, west coast btw. Tired of fighting against people who eat my bullets like candy

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ACuddlyBadger

• Niewiarygodny

• TarkovCitizen4431498

• Evilwayz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is the thing, wipe or no wipe, there will always be people who will outplay you. That's not going to change. The only thing that will change is what equipment they are using. See, I played yester

I'm a lvl 20 scrub trying to do quests, but even I can see the game needs a reset. All I run into are omegachads or scavs, and woods matchmaking takes 10 mins to find a single match, west coast btw. T

Wipes are nonsense. It only temporarily solves the issue. After a couple of weeks it's the same old crap. You have people with no life that have around 175-200 hours in and normal people that have aro

Posted Images

GlitchWizard

Every time we get deep in the wipe its like this. Just have fun. Go camp the hole in the middle of the mall in interchange

Overkill_Reaper

At this stage in the game armor/helmets are really only effective against scav’s and the rare pmc who can’t afford AP rounds.

Save your money and run cheap low tier gear, then bring the best AP ammo you can get for your chosen caliber. 

Gene_Parmesan

It's only been a few months. They can't reset everything every few months, it would be impossible for anyone who can only play a reasonable amount of time per week to make significant progress on quests and so on.

A Mosin with SNB can shred anyone in the game. Shooting with 5.45 PS is like playing with nerf guns. Wiping the servers won't change basic truths about ammo pen values. Skimp on the gun and treat yo self with good ammo. And make sure you aren't trying to play the way that you see streamers play, running around at full sprint will get you killed no matter how far into the wipe it is.

• Upvote 3
Billy_Bo_Bob

We need a wipe! I like playing on an even field. Unlike some I don't get to play daily and the gear I do lose I never get back because I'm not able to get on for 4 or 5 days.

• Sad 4
davidj123456

Why does everyone suddenly want content-less wipes lol...

Use this time to learn the game. Trust me, first 2 months of wipe are much harder than late-wipe-stage. Use this time to learn the game, get good, and practice. 

• Like 1
gkcx2002

Wipes are nonsense. It only temporarily solves the issue. After a couple of weeks it's the same old crap. You have people with no life that have around 175-200 hours in and normal people that have around 25 -30 hours in. It gets exponentially worse from there. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
ACuddlyBadger
On 4/30/2021 at 7:13 PM, MouldyNuts said:

I'm a lvl 20 scrub trying to do quests, but even I can see the game needs a reset. All I run into are omegachads or scavs, and woods matchmaking takes 10 mins to find a single match, west coast btw. Tired of fighting against people who eat my bullets like candy

You are coming to this conclusion from inadequate experience. You have the easiest time questing right now because NOBODY is competing with you for those quests. Questing is SO much harder early wipe.  The game does not need a wipe, it needs an economic reset, I do not want to grind the same bad quests for the 4th time to get a usable secure container.  Now is the best time for you to learn the quests and the maps, because its so incredibly easy. Get a bitcoin farm with one graphics card and it will keep you rolling in decent budget kits with viable ammo for the rest of the wipe. Run scavs on Interchange and look between Kiba and techlight. I guarantee you every INT raid has top tier insurance fraud somewhere predictable. 

Be resourceful, because EFT is a complex game, not every strategy is balanced, some are very OP situationally, learn to take advantage of them. Learn to use cost effective armor piercing ammo, or learn to gamble for headshots with accurate shotguns. Learn to read the map to learn where PMC concentrations are. 

TarkovCitizen4431498
1 hour ago, Billy_Bo_Bob said:

We need a wipe! I like playing on an even field. Unlike some I don't get to play daily and the gear I do lose I never get back because I'm not able to get on for 4 or 5 days.

Then you do not need a wipe. After a wipe it takes max two weeks before lots of players are running meta kits again and are at 10-20m, or even more. Especially if you don't play much it won't make a difference between now and after wipe.

In your case using Therapist's insurance sounds like a better option. She keeps things stored for 6 days.

tobiassolem

Here is the thing, wipe or no wipe, there will always be people who will outplay you. That's not going to change. The only thing that will change is what equipment they are using. See, I played yesterday and in 6 raids out of perhaps 20 I got killed by the same gun (OK I lied, two different guns), but the same ammunition.

And it wasn't a KS-23 that some people are badly focused on and want eliminated from the game, preferrably right now.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's fun either to bring a bolt-action, get the beat on a target, fire one round in his helmet, have him turn around and riddle my face with m995. But the reality is that if it wasn't an HK or an M4, it would've been an AS-VAL with SP-6, a silenced AK-74 with BT, or whatnot. Let's face it, I'm bad at the combat part of the game. I hesitate. I need too much time to get things done. And my opponent are racking up crazy stats on those headshot-training programs.

And  I find myself in the same situations over and over. I make too much noise, move too many times in open areas, or make a mess of my decision making. Open fire prior to knowing how many I'm facing, or a dozen other things.

Bottom line, I make mistakes. I make them early-wipe, I make them mid-wipe, and I've made them late wipe.

The times I don't die, are the times where I change my pace, my plans, my tactics. My survival rate is significantly better, and all of a sudden the game is so much more fun. Turns out the fault wasn't with what was going on with the game (although there are a few things that could use improvement, of course) - it was with my expectations and my play style. See for some reason I made myself guilty of buying into the "tough guy" playstyle. The one where you play according to a small but relatively well-established pattern. Do things "optimally", play the way that eliminates peeker's advantage, move quickly, quest correctly, save the right items, not be a rat, don't use weapons some people dislike, don't use concealment or angles that are hard to predict. In fact, this norm of playing the game is like painting myself into a corner.

I realize of course that there are a lot of people out there who will always be better than I am at this game. It's a tough nut to crack, it is what it is. I will run into them, probably more times than I won't; given that I'm stubborn and always choose to play solo (and these guys go in squads to further increase their odds of success). I'm not saying that the only way to be successful is to play in a squad, but if you're mediocre or slightly above average; this is how you beat those guys with mad reaction times, who click heads faster than you'll ever dream of doing.

"Cool story bro"

Defense mechanisms aside (we all have them). There are reasons to wipe, one of them being that it would be interesting to see how the changes in the market would affect progression. But there are also reasons not to. One of them being that most people who are "bored with nothing to do, because they already got their Kappa's" probably are the minority in terms of the player base.

In the end, I don't think wipes should occur because some people are "bored" or "have too much money" in a testing phase of a game, they should happen because there are significant changes to the game that require them. That's my personal opinion.

Until such a time, everyone of course is entitled to their own opinion (yes, really!). And who knows, perhaps 12.11 will need a wipe (no news yet). But until there is a wipe, I think we all could use with a little bit of a zoomed out perspective on things. There are plenty of things to do in EFT post-kappa. But there's probably a reason why some people had a kappa after two weeks, and I don't think wiping every month will solve that situation.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 6
Billy_Bo_Bob
3 hours ago, TarkovCitizen4431498 said:

Then you do not need a wipe. After a wipe it takes max two weeks before lots of players are running meta kits again and are at 10-20m, or even more. Especially if you don't play much it won't make a difference between now and after wipe.

In your case using Therapist's insurance sounds like a better option. She keeps things stored for 6 days.

Not when you have less than a million roubles.

KING_FODA

If the game was able to include more than one field for the character so that the player could, for example, open those boxes as a result of buying them with money inside the game, and not the real money in particular, and also it could be bought by consuming some resources or something like that, that would be possible One of the players avoids losing his previous character and allows players to expand the experience, learn the game and explore this from a humble opinion. :P

TarkovCitizen4431498
6 hours ago, Billy_Bo_Bob said:

Not when you have less than a million roubles.

How does it make a difference when someone is poor at the start of wipe vs. late in wipe? I can't find any earlier pics, but on 12/1, like 2.5 weeks after wipe me and friends were already level 45+ and in the 20+ mil range. Also look at the gear in that pic, that's what you pull out of raids constantly after 2.5 weeks.

Someone who's struggling to get above 1m now won't do any better after a wipe as the good players will still wreck them, even with starter weapons. Change my mind.

Untitled6534653.png

• Like 1
Alexandre_5

There is a wipe when devs need to add any additional parameter into the game’s database. This parameter won’t work properly without zeroing the DB. In short, wipes are made only when they are really needed. Armbands are a great example! Adding armbands brought a new slot to the inventory, and without updating the DB they would never work properly! Some new mechanics can wait several months to be added though they are 100% ready, because they need a wipe to work correctly. Also there can be a partial wipe, which saves some information in the DB if possible, weapon mastering for example.

Wipes will be abolished after the official release of the game. You’ll still be able to manually wipe your account.
Thats the original idea.

Niewiarygodny
On 5/1/2021 at 1:13 AM, MouldyNuts said:

All I run into are omegachads or scavs

1. wipe wont change anything, because Tarkov ATM has no working economy
2. After 1 day i can run as full gear (Just need to find 1/2 times reshala or Glukhar who has 40-50% chance to spawn)
3. I wiped my gear (just deleting all items/money, not lvl) 2 times in this wipe for fun, after 5-15 raids i had a almost full stash (+ scav runs)
4. Full gear or not u still have chance to kill him, bring bigger caliber, better ammo, it's not like in the past that T4 helmet covered whole head including Face and there was no flea market or access to good bullets so each time u had to literally "destory" helmet in order to kill

On 5/1/2021 at 1:13 AM, MouldyNuts said:

and woods matchmaking takes 10 mins to find a single match, west coast btw

Change servers? Add more servers?

• Upvote 1
Kthelmir
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Alexandre_5 said:

Wipes will be abolished after the official release of the game. You’ll still be able to manually wipe your account.

Is that finally confirmed? Cuz i've been playing since 2016 and i stopped cuz i cannot do everything over and over and over any more. Haven't really played in 2 wipes.

Edited by Kthelmir
ACuddlyBadger

Wipe the game but let me keep my stash size and epsilon. Early wipe is miserable with standard, I'm so limited compared to EoD in how many raids I can do a day before I need to overhaul my stash, I'm limited with what utilities I can bring in raid safely by my alpha, and I'm limited in how much value I can stuff in my SC to still make progress when I die by stuffing hideout items in there or high vendor price items. Shits P2W until I upgrade my stash and SC. 

• Sad 1
Niewiarygodny
3 hours ago, Kthelmir said:

Is that finally confirmed?

No, so dunno what that guy is talking about since BSG clearly didnt decide yet, i mean the only offical info we got was that :
1. BSG THOUGHT about keeping wipes since it keep "fresh air" in EFT.
2. BSG THOUGHT about having 2 seperates gamemodes:
- One without wipes
- Second with wipes
And that you could play on both but with diffrent "accounts" (Diffrent characters are actually confirmed, so u will be able to have Bear and Usec at same time)

So no, nothing 100% confirmed, we don't even know HOW exactly open world will work, how about extracts, joining map, roaming around bla bla. 

18 minutes ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

I'm limited with what utilities I can bring in raid safely by my alpha, and I'm limited in how much value I can stuff in my SC

Block placing any items during raid into SC -> 1 problem down
About bringing other utilites into raid - well, that EoD and Gamma MUSt give something, it's still will be big, but at least ppl won't moan about having those 5 extra slots for loot in raid which is apparetnly "huge" by most of the ppl.

Fun fact that u can play without SC just fine, i did play for several months without SC, the only thing i didn't do were quests which required specific key, beside that it's 100% playable.

ACuddlyBadger
32 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Block placing any items during raid into SC -> 1 problem down
About bringing other utilites into raid - well, that EoD and Gamma MUSt give something, it's still will be big, but at least ppl won't moan about having those 5 extra slots for loot in raid which is apparetnly "huge" by most of the ppl.

EoD gives access to all future DLC, a massive stash, good initial trader rep, and a 9 slot SC. A game being tested in a paid beta should not have P2W where the EoD players all have a massive leg up on standard players. 

5 slots is huge early wipe. You can stuff 5 more slots worth of hideout upgrade items that nobody else can have even if they kill you. Its progression denial to people who kill you. Its extra ammo that nobody could loot. 

Fun fact that u can play without SC just fine, i did play for several months without SC, the only thing i didn't do were quests which required specific key, beside that it's 100% playable.

It doesn't matter what you specifically can do w/o SC. Its still incredibly limiting. You are stuck with analgin, normal splints, CMS is a luxury, and no expensive keys to make money. You are not 100% playable and you are completely limited with your gameplay flexibility. Gamma SC's do not have this problem at all while I can't even carry the full bare necessities, but they can with 3 slots to spare. Its trash game design for a beta under heavy testing/changes.

Niewiarygodny
42 minutes ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

P2W

HOW it's P2W? 
Pay to get really small, kinda meaningless feature sure which u can OBTAIN via playing, but not freaking P2W.
U are not suddenly becoming "invincible", your skills does not suddenly RISE cause u have Gamma, isntead Alpha/Beta (U can get Beta once u unlock Peackeeper on lvl 2 and get flea market access), so u only have to use Alpha for like +-10 lvls.

"OH but Beta trade COST SO MUCH" so make few scav runs, each item cost 10K+, each scav run (even 2 min scav run on factory) is 100-300k+

46 minutes ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

A game being tested in a paid beta should not have P2W

It's not P2W as i said above. It just makes me laugh each time when ppl call it "P2W", i am sory but u guys are heavily limited with your point of view, i did have Standard for most of the time but i never said that having EoD is P2W.
Sure they have some bonuses but they are meaningless, weak player still gonna be weak player tahts the thing of beaing P2W or not. 

47 minutes ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

where the EoD players all have a massive leg up on standard players. 

"massive"
5 items which u can utilizes not in each raid, cause often u will just die before u loot anything.
As i said, u can minimize that gap to only 3 slots early on. Once u reach 20 u can minimize that ENORMUS gap to only 1 slot...

Bigger stash -> Ok and what? Just dont play as freaking Hamster and stop hoarding tons of items, been there, done that. 
U just keep few weapons, keep Quest items in Rigs which provides much more usable slots etc.

Initial good with NPC, yeap, thats 1 or 2 quests diffrence, again meaningless.

"Tons of better equipment!" -> Which is being lost in first days of wipe. Really time after wipe is the ONLY time i am getting so much Forts armor from players :D. (Well, not anymore since ppl don't get them but u get the point)

50 minutes ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

Its still incredibly limiting.

Nah your point of view is limited.
Remove all SC or make all SC equal, guess what, u guys will still complain about them, no matter what they gonna do with them.

53 minutes ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

You are not 100% playable

You know what means not being playable? U just limit yourself thats the fact.
EFT is 100% playable with standard edition and same with EoD edition. 

"OH but u have EoD so u talk like this" Yeah, i was playing with Standard for 2-3 years and then EoD was gifted to me, otherwise i would still use Standard since i feel much bigger progression and satisfaction from it than on EoD. 

I stard with Alpha -> Get Beta DAMN PROGRESSION
I get ANY case -> SO MUCH SPACE PROGRESSION
I get Epsilon -> EVEN MORE SLOTS IN MY SC
Literally each case -> Much more space!
After they added ability to increase stash via hideout -> OH so much more space

But with EoD it's like:
- Oh i can get Beta, meh
- Oh i got case, yeah ok, slightly more space
- Oh i got Epsilon and why i should ever use that? SOLD
- Even more cases -> Yeah thats fine

Evilwayz
On 4/30/2021 at 4:13 PM, MouldyNuts said:

Then stop being cheap and start using better ammo. 

M61, 995, and AP SX will one tap someone through pretty much any helmet. Most ammo will one tap people in the face.

M61, SNB will 2 tap any slick or hexgrid. 

Do not want to spend on ammo...fine buy a KS-23 and shoot them in the legs with ultra cheap Shrap-10. That will one shot everyone regardless of gear. 

This is not very complicated. Do not use bad ammo and everyone is an easy kill regardless of gear.

Evilwayz

Also as a side note lets just be completely honest. A majority of players are running lvl 4 or 5 armor. 

ACuddlyBadger
1 hour ago, Niewiarygodny said:

HOW it's P2W? 
Pay to get really small, kinda meaningless feature sure which u can OBTAIN via playing, but not freaking P2W.
U are not suddenly becoming "invincible", your skills does not suddenly RISE cause u have Gamma, isntead Alpha/Beta (U can get Beta once u unlock Peackeeper on lvl 2 and get flea market access), so u only have to use Alpha for like +-10 lvls.

Progression, versatility, utility, these are all things that combine to be something essential and absolutely needed to get anywhere in the game. EoD has it all from the get go w/ stash size and SC size. 

MouldyNuts

I have more fun on scav runs than my main, I don't have a single pmc kill yet. Every fight its a guy with a silencer lazer tagging me before I can react. How is that fun?

Evilwayz
28 minutes ago, MouldyNuts said:

I have more fun on scav runs than my main, I don't have a single pmc kill yet. Every fight its a guy with a silencer lazer tagging me before I can react. How is that fun?

This is always due to a lack of knowledge when it comes to the maps. Every time you die is a lesson. Learn where you are getting shot from. The next raid you check that when you move through the map. You will often find people in the same places. 

If you have a hard time figuring out where you are getting shot from download recording software like Shadowplay. Watch your gameplay after. 

• Upvote 1