BattlEye's Effectiveness Needs Assessment

hunsnow

BattlEye has occasionally proven itself helpful in the banning of minor amounts of cheating users, however it has come to much of the community's attention that players are getting randomly banned by the service as well despite being verifiably clean.

To distance myself from personal anecdotes that struggle to be proven, I'll give you the example of the many instances of streamers that have been banned (and occasionally unbanned). The service is 3rd-party but is responsible for the mistreatment of customers that spend immense amounts of money on the game. I know of two close friends personally that have had their EOD accounts banned on top of more people that have been banned out of nowhere, the minority of which have been unbanned since. The latter group of people's experiences are difficult to verify but it does not change the fact that this is an issue that plagues the community as a whole.

If all users are prone to a possible random ban then this is everyone's problem.

I don't have an alternative but BattlEye's performance is frankly disappointing and demands some influence to prevent further wrongful bans.

Xarc
7 hours ago, hunsnow said:

I'll give you the example of the many instances of streamers that have been banned (and occasionally unbanned)

I guess they have been banned manually by BSG and not by BattlEye. But I'm not 100% sure.