Game is not playable even on a PC above recommended specifications

ImTheChosen3rd

I bought the game 4 days ago and wanted to play it with a friend. I ckecked the recommended and minimum specifications. I have a GTX Strix 1050 Ti with 4 GB VRAM, 8 GB RAM and a i-5 4440 CPU. On the Escape from Tarkov site it clearly states that I'm right around recommended specifications, but as soon as I started going into Shoreline my game crashed. I relaunched the game turned everything off on my PC and turned on the built in RAM Cleaner and when I tried to get into Shoreline now it was in a loading screen for 10 minutes and I loaded in and instantly crashed. The next day I tried to update everything on my PC and it loaded me into Factory in 2 minutes but I had constant stuttering and managed to somehow extract. I tried to load into Woods and had even worse stuttering and had to turn eveything down to the lowest for it to run in 30 FPS. I already tried to contact support for a refund thry email yesterday, but they just sent me a automated message to read the ToS. Now I'm trying to see if there's any way to get a refuns when it clearly stated on their site that I could comfortably run the game, but I actually can't at all. I'm extremely disappointed I can't play the game now even after looking through everything confirming I could play it and knowing about the strict refund policy. I saw a few people getting refunds for the same exact reason as me and now I can't get one when I could spend it other games I could play with my friends. If there's any way to refund the game with my issues please let me know. 

GlitchWizard

min of 16bg of ram is what it should state for sure. It maxes out 16 no problem. Takov just needs to fix the ram leaking. It is terrible. Fix the servers while you are at it. They are TRASH today

Slander

At the start of this wipe I had some RAM issues. I have 11gb in my gpu and another 16 in the motherboard. But still it got full and I crashed every so often. Then I changed my virtual memory, the pretend RAM you can use on your HDD to like 30 GB. And now it runs like a dream. Might not work for you but worth a try.

MixitBaby

Game was playable with a GTX750ti and and old i5-something from an office pc and a total of 12 gb ram - the only "modern" part was a SSD-drive.

Xarc
24 minutes ago, NewmaticWeasel said:

I mean seriously, if they can't stop a bunch of USA, Great Britain, EU, Russian, Romania, Chinese, etc peasants ....

I've just corrected you. ;)

ImTheChosen3rd
1 hour ago, NewmaticWeasel said:

Just ask for a refund through your bank or whoever you used to make the purchase. BSG can't stop them, PayPal is pretty good to work with. Their no refund policy is crap and they have predatory business practices. Using streamers and youtubers to show a false premise and never mentioning anything about the cheaters or the inexcusable amount of bugs and glitches for a game that's been in development for 6 years. They don't deserve any of our money. I mean seriously, if they can't stop a bunch of Chinese peasants from cheating how are they going to stop you from getting your money back.

I've tried to get a refund through PayPal but they forward me to Xsolla support when I try to refund the exact purchase.

GlitchWizard

Ask your bank to do a charge back. 

The Purpose of Chargebacks

On the outside, chargebacks can appear very similar to traditional refunds, yet there is one very relevant difference: rather than contact the business for a refund, the consumer is asking the bank to forcibly take money from the business’s account. An investigation follows, and if the bank feels the cardholder’s request is valid, funds are removed from the merchant’s account and returned to the consumer; the consumer, on the other hand, is in no way obligated to return whatever was purchased.

The merchant has no say in this. In fact, merchants likely won't even know it happened until after the fact. As a consumer protection, the chargeback process is naturally skewed towards the cardholder’s safety, in multiple ways:

Better have a good explanation for the bank on whats going on. Dont use emotions use logic.

ImTheChosen3rd
4 minutes ago, GlitchWizard said:

Ask your bank to do a charge back. 

The Purpose of Chargebacks

On the outside, chargebacks can appear very similar to traditional refunds, yet there is one very relevant difference: rather than contact the business for a refund, the consumer is asking the bank to forcibly take money from the business’s account. An investigation follows, and if the bank feels the cardholder’s request is valid, funds are removed from the merchant’s account and returned to the consumer; the consumer, on the other hand, is in no way obligated to return whatever was purchased.

The merchant has no say in this. In fact, merchants likely won't even know it happened until after the fact. As a consumer protection, the chargeback process is naturally skewed towards the cardholder’s safety, in multiple ways:

Better have a good explanation for the bank on whats going on. Dont use emotions use logic.

Well I do have a good explanation with the met specifications on their site so I'll try that if I can't get a refund with PayPal.

GlitchWizard
Just now, ImTheChosen3rd said:

Well I do have a good explanation with the met specifications on their site so I'll try that if I can't get a refund with PayPal.

Exactly. Screenshot the minimum specs. Provide your pcs specs and then also screen shot your error messages in game. Easy to prove just might take some time

MixitBaby
Posted (edited)

in about 80% of all cases the error sits in front of the monitor...
If it would be a general problem with pcs with that given configuration, he would not be the first and/or only to complain.

Has anybody thought about temperatures or the power supply unit or anything else?

Edited by MixitBaby
GlitchWizard

I would say in almost all cases you would be correct. In this case you are not. This game is poorly poorly optimized and is FULL of bugs/crashes/server problems. 

At the end of the day battle state states you can run this game on 

MINIMAL:
Processor: dual-core processor 2.4 GHz (Intel Core 2 Duo, i3), 2.6 GHz (AMD Athlon, Phenom II)
RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: DX9 compatible graphics card with 1 GB memory
Sound: DirectX compatible audio card
Network: permanent connection to the Internet
Disk space: from 8 GB

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: quad-core processor 3.2 GHz (Intel i5, i7), 3.6 GHz (AMD FX, Athlon)
RAM: from 12 GB
Graphics Card: DX11 compatible graphics card with 2 GB or more of memory
Sound: DirectX compatible audio card
Network: permanent connection to the Internet
Disk space: from 8 GB

THIS GAME WONT RUN WELL ON RECOMMENDED SPECS 

GlitchWizard

Also with that being said. If you cannot play the game with the recommended specs that is clearly stated on their own website I would consider that false advertising.

MixitBaby

As I wrote earlier, the game ran perfectly on an older i5-something, a GTX750ti with 1 GB VRam and 12 GB Ram in the former office-pc.
You haven't told us anything about the temps in your system before crashing, you haven't told us anything about the PSU you are using - you are just repeating over and over again that the game is poo. And if that game won't run on most pcs - you can believe me that not everybody here runs high-end-gaming-machines - there would be a higher number of people complaining - which they are not.

GlitchWizard
4 hours ago, MixitBaby said:

As I wrote earlier, the game ran perfectly on an older i5-something, a GTX750ti with 1 GB VRam and 12 GB Ram in the former office-pc.
You haven't told us anything about the temps in your system before crashing, you haven't told us anything about the PSU you are using - you are just repeating over and over again that the game is poo. And if that game won't run on most pcs - you can believe me that not everybody here runs high-end-gaming-machines - there would be a higher number of people complaining - which they are not.

Bud I own a high end pc and am not the original poster. This game has problems dude regardless your experience. 

MixitBaby

Yep, dude, you are right, dude, you are the best, dude. And sorry, dude, that I haven't checked, dude, who was the op, dude. And dude, if you haven't problems, dude, why are you posting here, dude?

ImTheChosen3rd
15 hours ago, MixitBaby said:

It has regular if not lower temps than normal and I'm using a SF750 PSU. The problem is them falsely advertising that it can run on 8 GB of RAM and me thinking I could run it at 60FPS at least, on lower settings. I can run most newer games on about 50 FPS on medium settings so I thought after I checked the recommended specs i could run this one too. 

MixitBaby
2 hours ago, ImTheChosen3rd said:

It has regular if not lower temps than normal and I'm using a SF750 PSU. The problem is them falsely advertising that it can run on 8 GB of RAM and me thinking I could run it at 60FPS at least, on lower settings. I can run most newer games on about 50 FPS on medium settings so I thought after I checked the recommended specs i could run this one too. 

What settings do you have in Nvidia-settings and ingame?

ImTheChosen3rd
3 minutes ago, MixitBaby said:

What settings do you have in Nvidia-settings and ingame?

Lowest as possible and I turned on the built in ram cleaner. I have nvidia settings set to best performance or whatever it's called.

GlitchWizard

Mixit we have already determined the issue. THIS GAME CANNOT RUN ON 8GB of ram. I tried! You cannot this game will not work. The issue is ram. Pull up the task manager in game and watch your ram usage. Im posting here because I know what this guy is going through and even with more ram and a game that runs it still desyncs, runs poorly, reserve stutters, on and on. 

ImTheChosen3rd
1 minute ago, GlitchWizard said:

Mixit we have already determined the issue. THIS GAME CANNOT RUN ON 8GB of ram. I tried! You cannot this game will not work. The issue is ram. Pull up the task manager in game and watch your ram usage. Im posting here because I know what this guy is going through and even with more ram and a game that runs it still desyncs, runs poorly, reserve stutters, on and on. 

Yea my ram usage is legit 95% + the game isn't optimised at all.

Chto

Getting a refund for the game is something very difficult to do. Once Nikita gets your money he immediately transfers it to his account to buy more sprats and vodka to fuel him. Best way to get your money is to travel to Moscow and find him under the bridge next to that famous Moscow train station. 

• Like 1
AzureChimes
On 5/9/2021 at 5:52 PM, MixitBaby said:

You are literally reaching so hard right now that you can't accept the fact that BSG is falsely advertising this game with 2016's min/recommended specs.

• Like 1
MixitBaby
15 hours ago, AzureChimes said:

You are literally reaching so hard right now that you can't accept the fact that BSG is falsely advertising this game with 2016's min/recommended specs.

And you quite obviously are not able to read. The game - and for you I repeat that sloooowwwllllyy so you might understand - ran perfectly on a former, about 8 year old office pc. The only parts which had been changed were the harddrive - to a ssd - and the GPU from "onboard" to a used, 5 year old GTX750ti from Ebay. I must correct myself as that GPU might in fact had 2 GB Vram.
The game won't crash just because the op has 8 GB ram instead of the 12 gb I used. I add a screenshot from my task manager, I am on woods with my current low-to-mid-range gaming pc.

And once again - no informations about the settings and stuff. I couldn't play with anything more than lowest settings on my old machine - and tbh I didn't expect more. So expecting 60 fps with a a minimum-requirement-pc is a godd sense of humour.

Screenshot 2021-05-13 120248.jpg

Aazatgrabya

I suspect your 8Gb RAM is the real issue here.  This is enough to get Windows 10 to run in 'performance' but to get a game - even a released and fully optimised high end game to run with good imagery and FPS is only just possible.  EFT is still being developed so there is no reason to expect it to be optimised.

Saying that, I can run EFT on my kids' Shadow.tech remote gaming pc which just makes the recommended spec https://shadow.tech/en-gb/specs and with a bit of graphics tweaking will give me around 50-60fps.

If the thought of an upgrade feels expensive give the Shadow monthly fee a consideration.  (Honestly I don't work for them - but, hands up, that is a referral link)