Twitch Rivals May 11th, 2021!

Cyver

EfT_KeyArt_RIVALS_EUROPE.jpg

The Twitch Rivals international event among European contestants starts on May 11th, 2021 at 16:00 GMT. This time the event will be held in 2 stages on private servers, with 24 teams consisting of 3 players each. The overall prize pool is $30000.

You can follow the tournament scoreboard live on www.escapefromtarkov.com/rivals2021 

All the participants will have Drops enabled on their Twitch channels. To earn Drops rewards, viewers need to have an active copy of the game and link their Twitch account to their game profile on the Escape from Tarkov website.

The earned Drops will only be available to claim for 7 days! Don't forget to collect them in-game!

The main tournament broadcasts will be live on:

▪️ English - TwitchRivals (https://www.twitch.tv/twitchrivals)
▪️ Russian - BattlestateGames (https://www.twitch.tv/battlestategames)
▪️ French - Mick3y54 (https://www.twitch.tv/mick3y54)
▪️ Spanish - MrXavito (https://www.twitch.tv/mrxavito)
▪️ Flemish - abulic (https://www.twitch.tv/abulic)

Learn more about the tournament here: https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/news/id/199 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
Niewiarygodny
48 minutes ago, Majlo said:

More e-sports and drops... When will it end? :|

Why they should ever consider ending that if that brings new players to the game which is $ for them?

airforce824

Notice how it says private servers? Thats the only way they can show all the content and it not be a buggy, glitchy cheater filled mess. I love how they think were idiots. Content creators have ruined gaming as far as I'm concerned. It's all about the money now. Oh well, they'll all get whats coming to them sooner or later.

Majlo
48 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Why they should ever consider ending that if that brings new players to the game which is $ for them?

They should consider it because it goes against the spirit of the game.

Free items for "watching" in a game all about earning things yourself the hard way...

Trying to turn an incompatible concept (MMORPG) into something "competitive"...

If this stream (pun not intended) of revenue is significant enough to turn the view away from the original concept, I'd happily have payed an increased price for the game itself when I originally pre-ordered it all those years ago instead of this...

• Like 1
Niewiarygodny
2 hours ago, Majlo said:

They should consider it because it goes against the spirit of the game.

Ok, i knwo where are u heading with it...

2 hours ago, Majlo said:

Free items for "watching" in a game all about earning things yourself the hard way...

And i agree BUT DAMN...
- It's 6 months after wipe
- U can earn 20 x more easly just by playing game in meantime (even just by playing scav)
- Drops are meaningless in most cases, u can watch them all stream and u will get 50-300k, thats nothing for 4h+?

BUt yes, i do agree thats against "spirit" of EFT but after wipe, which happened in this wipe.

2 hours ago, Majlo said:

Trying to turn an incompatible concept (MMORPG) into something "competitive"..

But they are not doing that to make Tarkov "competetive" they make it to:
- Promote EFT (Mostly)
- Promote EFT Twitch streamers (Which also promote Tarkov)
- Create some fun both for Streamers (Cause it's something diffrent to do in Tarkov) and for viewers.
WHats more, it create somekind of bound with some streamers, since it gives HUGE chance for such streamer to increase their viewership.

For "Competetive" there will be Arena mode. 

Niewiarygodny
3 hours ago, airforce824 said:

Notice how it says private servers?

Yes, it's not the first time.

Thats the only way they can show all the content and it not be a buggy, glitchy cheater filled mess

ANd seems u are new, since desyncs/bugs happened in previous private games, however i didn't see a single cheater where games weren't hosted on private servers.

I love how they think were idiots.

Actually u are, u saw something and u smash your keyboard without thinking.

Ok so previous Twitch Rivals, hosted on public servers were simply unfair.
One player encountred full geared player and managed to kill him (or that player just threw him away under his crosshair), or player were bringing specific items into raid etc.

Whats more, current Twitch rivals got diffrent format and it's divided into ROUNDS.
Where i understand that Round = raid, so first stage will have 4 rounds, where all of players will start all together at same time.
So lets say it will last 2 hours + some extra time to prepare gear in 4 x 30 min raids.

Content creators have ruined gaming as far as I'm concerned. It's all about the money now.

I don't get such ppl as you.
If not content creators, EFT would have 1/10 or even smaller community, when in fact it';s not a bad thing by itself, but it automaticlly means that less bugs would be found, less ideas would be given, BSG would have less cash to develope, if there would be less players = bigger chances that this project would be droped.

AND OFC IT"S ABOUT MONEY, it always is BUT if BSG would really care ONLY about money, they would casualize Tarkov, which is not happening so far to fill MAJORITY needs for Tarkov. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
Majlo
11 hours ago, Niewiarygodny said:

BUT DAMN...
- It's 6 months after wipe
- U can earn 20 x more easly just by playing game in meantime (even just by playing scav)
- Drops are meaningless in most cases, u can watch them all stream and u will get 50-300k, thats nothing for 4h+?

It's not the value itself. It's how it was acquired that matters. Even if the only possible drop you could get was literally 1 roll of toilet paper per hour, I would still say what I'm saying now.

11 hours ago, Niewiarygodny said:

less ideas would be given

Yes. Less ideas would be given. Less ideas going against what was originally envisioned, meaning that ideas of realism would be heard more often instead.

• Like 2
Niewiarygodny
1 hour ago, Majlo said:

Even if the only possible drop you could get was literally 1 roll of toilet paper per hour, I would still say what I'm saying now.

Ok, i understand your point here, but i disagree, cause i am opposite to you, if something is literally meaningless then idc. 

1 hour ago, Majlo said:

Yes. Less ideas would be given. Less ideas going against what was originally envisioned

Thats true, but still BSG does not listen to them, so at the end we get more better ideas which fit Tarkov :D.
LIke we have our own Realism warriors, who open same topic each 1-2 weeks about bullets, showing that "nothing changed in tarkov in that time". 

So again, i am fine with new players, i am fine with casuals till BSG does not bend over to their wishes, cause those players provide extra funds for BSG.

I know that in theory we have been told that at the time when Tarkov project was started BSG had enough fund to end project and they didn't need a single dollar from sales, but i wouldn't trust that in 100%, since EFT was supposed to be released in 2016 then in 2017. 
So i am gonna repeat myself, there is posibility that if there were no casual players, there is a chance that EFT would be droped or finished without current maps/features. 

Looking at those drops from this perspective, idc that some players will get 300k max during that drop and will lose it within 1-2 raids if both BSG and Streamers will benefit from it.

Mariner

Where’s the $30000 prize money coming from? BSG or Twitch? Both? Or have the participants had to buy in to the tournament? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Spectator6
4 hours ago, Mariner said:

Where’s the $30000 prize money coming from? BSG or Twitch? Both? Or have the participants had to buy in to the tournament? 

This is an important question, IMO.

• $30,000 could support one or more programmers to tackle <issue xyz> for X amount of time

OR

• It would be spent on a **single** Twitch Rivals event

As someone who bought in early with the explicit intention of supporting the game's ongoing development, I know which one I'd choose!

However, that said, if it could be demonstrated that every $1 spent on promotionals ends up earning more than $1 back in form of new copies sold, etc, then maybe events like these are worth it and are a net positive for continuing the game's development?

Niewiarygodny

Or have the participants had to buy in to the tournament? 

For sure they didn't have to buy into tournament.

Where’s the $30000 prize money coming from? BSG or Twitch? Both?

Most likely BSG + BSG had to pay Twitch some cash to do that too.

But as @Spectator6 said, each 1 $ invested, gives (most likely, otherwise i doubt BSG or any company would do that) brings at least 1 $ back. So it's not like they are throwing that money away :D

Majlo
1 hour ago, Niewiarygodny said:

each 1 $ invested, gives (most likely, otherwise i doubt BSG or any company would do that) brings at least 1 $ back. So it's not like they are throwing that money away

Even if these "competitive" events are profitable, they're still highlighting and supporting a very different idea of the game than the one originally intended.

Instead of promoting a "hardcore", "combat environment simulator" like they said they wanted the game to be all those years ago, they are now instead showing off and supporting a "competitive" """more hardcore than other games""" Battle-Royale achievement hunt.

Sure, publicity and turning a profit is great, but at the cost of the theme of the project? I hope eventually the answer from BSG themselves will be a strong "No.".

Niewiarygodny
1 hour ago, Majlo said:

Even if these "competitive" events are profitable, they're still highlighting and supporting a very different idea of the game than the one originally intended.

And again idc what they highlight, i care about how game gonna look like and that i will get for what i paid for :P.
So idc about ppl who bought EFT cause they saw streamer/Twitch rivals and it looked cool and then he realised that game is too hard for him. Really idc about those ppl, if they buy something they should learn about it first. 

Like i always inform ppl that hey if u want buy EFT first learn about it ,how it's gonna look etc.

Majlo
9 hours ago, Niewiarygodny said:

idc about ppl who bought EFT cause they saw streamer/Twitch rivals

I don't care about these people either, but BSG clearly does and keeps making changes in the game along their lines more often than changes towards the original vision.

BSG keeps supporting events that have no real place in EFT, gets more players that don't care what EFT is supposed to be, and then they try to keep these players in the game by changing it (or by not changing things towards where they should).

As long as these events are officially supported, and content creators are catered to, the problem will persist.

Niewiarygodny
9 hours ago, Majlo said:

but BSG clearly does and keeps making changes in the game along their lines more often than changes towards the original vision.

Thats simply not true?
What they did in last 4-5 years which helped casuals and made game easier? Or was far away from realism? (Do not ignore fact that some things will be balanced out).
But ignoring future balances.

Hideout and BTC farm make game easier (since u can only collect BTC each day and use it to gear up, but first u need to make it) -> Will be balanced out
New spots with tons of loot -> Will be balanced out (I mean loot will be nerfed in future overall)
Flea market -> It kinda helped new ppl  + adding tons of barter trades/barter finally got some value after hideout appeared
They opened some maps -> Shoreline, customs (2x), woods expansion, maybe i forgot about something? Overall those actions increased chances to survive as PMC since u less often see enemis, but i wouldn;t say that it was especially for casuals, just saying taht for sure it helped them a bit)
Thats all? Unless i forgot about something?

Ok, now lets think what they added to make game harder/more realistic.
- Face hitbox
- Healing animation
- Diffrent injuries require diffrent meds
- Increased hydration/energy drain
- Changed stanmina
- Added weight system
- Added Loading ammo "animation" -> Here i mean taht it still lack animation, but u kinda need time to load it (Animation is in progress)
- Increased stanmina drain
- Added FiR status
- Changed quests, now they require less items BUT they require FiR status, for me it it's making game harder for casuals, since now they need extract, they can't just hoard items into their SC
And for sure more, but i would have to think about it/ask friends cause for sure i did miss a lot of things.

12 hours ago, Majlo said:

BSG keeps supporting events that have no real place in EFT, gets more players that don't care what EFT is supposed to be, and then they try to keep these players in the game by changing it (or by not changing things towards where they should).

I will repeat myself, MAYBE i am missing something, maybe i forgot about something, so pls, stop talking "overall" give specific examples.
What they did for casuals exactly?
How game became easier?
How about making game harder in past 5 years? 

12 hours ago, Majlo said:

As long as these events are officially supported, and content creators are catered to, the problem will persist.

?
I mean your problem is that "events attract casual players and casue of that BSG is moving more to casual gameplay than realism/hardcore" however so far u didn't give a single argument which would actually prove that u are right, and that BSG is actually doing that.

Instead it's quite opposite, and such supported events shouldn't matter at all to you if BSG does not listen to majority/casuals. 

So whats the problem since they don't listen????

Sory but i fail in understanding your point at all. 

• Like 1
Niewiarygodny
On 5/8/2021 at 8:51 PM, airforce824 said:

Notice how it says private servers? Thats the only way they can show all the content and it not be a buggy, glitchy cheater filled mess. I love how they think were idiots.

Sooo did you watch it?
Do you still think that "this" was a reason they hosted in on private servers?

Oh, cause everything went smooth, and was totally diffrent from normal game :D?

Well no.
1. Grenades made no sound (At least in first 1/2 rounds)
2. Lags/desync
3. Not being able to invite teammate, which didn't allow 1 team to join 1 round
4. This https://www.twitch.tv/shina4/clip/AgilePricklyClintmullinsRalpherZ-jssZfisSi0xMObGw?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time
And more, so yeah, stop creating "theories" cause at the end, u look as an idiot :D.

Cheers! 

Majlo
On 5/10/2021 at 9:52 PM, Niewiarygodny said:

Thats simply not true?

It seems you missed the second part of what I said, let me quote myself:

On 5/10/2021 at 9:03 AM, Majlo said:

(or by not changing things towards where they should).

Yes, certain things are definitely moving towards realism, however other things are staying stagnant and nothing is done about it, or even worse, makes things move away from the point.
(I just want to add here that I really don't care what has been said is "planned". If it hasn't happened for months since they said it was "planned", I can no longer be persuaded by "it's already planned, it's going to come".)

You want more precise examples so let me give you some.

Things done to actively move away from the point:

1. Flea market is working like Amazon drone delivery and has been since it's introduction. It makes acquiring anything easier and easier (and that is also massively blown out of scale considering loot is currently "higher and easier to obtain for testing purposes") and it also abstracts value of everything into an exact amount of rubles.
Overall it has created a hurtful click-on-demand item economy in a game where getting high end specifics for yourself is supposed to be a hard earned luxury, not something that can just be "click-to-obtained".

2. The hideout crafting and farming; ever since the addition of the hideout we've been able to craft things with sometimes completely whack combinations of items to obtain high-end items and it has only gotten increasingly easy to obtain more and different items, sometimes that simply can't be realistically craftable. Mostly the crafting I'm referring to is crafting electronics, keycards, and high end ammunition; somehow being able to make high-end electronics with random assortments of others (like turning PCBs, CPUs, etc. into gaming graphics cards), being able manufacture high-end, almost unheard of in the west, Russian armor-piercing ammunition with nothing more than some random assortments of civilian gunpowder, and finally, being able to code secret TerraGroup cards into other functions, opening other doors (BOOK SPOILER AHEAD:

Spoiler

albeit this is something that happens in the e-books at one point). My main gripe with being able to make keycards into other keycards is that there is no task or item completed or obtained that would teach the player to do this. In the books the main character finds his hacker friend's laptop which has a coded function to change USB-keys and keycards into others, but even when he has this laptop with this function, he doesn't know what it is for or truly what it does until much later).

When crafting and the hideout was originally announced and gunpowder models shown, my thoughts was that we'd re-use or find empty casings, fill with gunpowder, and take off bullets from cartridges or find unused ones and with these materials craft our own ammunition, usually of lesser quality than professionally manufactured originals but with the ability to level up your skills and at some point make better-than-manufacturer match-grade stuff.
Currently crafting makes less sense from a realism standpoint than Minecraft.

As for farming, I'll leave it short and simple: Having bitcoin in the game was a mistake. The bitcoin farm should never have been a problem, as it should never have been a thing in the first place.

3. The continued addition of more "meme" and "streamer" items: "Haha funny" items keep being added. They usually add nothing, mostly just ruins any momentary immersion, and at worst, seriously hurts the game.
Whenever a meme/joke or streamer item is seen in game, like the red anodized attachments, Star Wars helmets, or airsoft items appear, immersion is immediately lost in the moment.
Streamer items is nothing short of advertisement. Sure "content creators" have "contributed" to the game and is currently the main form of advertisement that BSG makes use of, but I really, really, reeeeaaaalllyyyyy do not want to have to see third-wall breaking items. The worst offender of streamer items to me personally is the Pestily Plague Mask being commonly worn by the cultists (especially as a huge fan of the books), but also to a lesser extent the description of the streamer and meme items.
Meme items aren't always only just immersion breaking, sometimes they're actively harmful. Bitcoin/graphics cards/Tetriz games becoming a not insignificant part of the game economy, red anodized items usually having, for no other reason that "haha funny the red goes fastah", better stats than the non-meme item counterpart, and streamer and meme items often having relatively high value compared to other items in the game.
There is also the matter of meme tasks: Kill a boss 100 times to get his "tactical bling" - a task reward fitting more into the likes of getting a gold camouflage on a weapon in Call of Duty than it fits EFT. There's also the Kappa container. An item literally named after a twitch emote meme, obtained by collecting most streamer items...

4. The addition of the survival/surgery kits should speak for themselves.

However, not all problems lay in change, it also lays in stagnation:

1. The economy has been in "testing mode" with higher rates of loot for too long. When will we start testing the real thing, so that things can be "balanced" for the future? At this rate I'm inclined to believe that this is the loot rates the devs want in their final iteration, because why else would they test it for so long? Will players even be able to let this level of loot go once, if, it finally changes to a more scarce system?

2. Movement hasn't been majorly changed, allowing the current movement gameplay exist. They nerf the movement bonuses of high strength and endurance skills instead of changing the system that allowed to problem to escalate through them in the first place.
"Bunny hopping" was at one point patched out, but it only lasted for a day or two and the update was rolled back, and it was never re-done. Bunny hopping persists.
There is currently lots of talk about inertia, but have yet to see anything of it (I'm not in the "beta for the beta" CTE or whatever it's called, so I wouldn't know if they're testing it there either).

3. Seemingly nothing is being done to change away from the current weapon/shooting gameplay. Meta is still the same, it just has a new coat of paint. It's not the weapons that are the problems, it's the system. Changing recoil numbers, adding new weapons, etc. isn't changing the underlying problem. I'd suggest reading some of @Spectator6's topics on how aiming should be changed if you want to know where I think it should be moving, but currently isn't.

4. Ammunition and armor relation is still very much "game-y" and hasn't changed much if at all, since the face-hitbox addition. Armor is still protecting entire sections instead of where they realistically are at (yes yes, "plate hitboxes are coming!" - they're not here and as you say, it's been 5 years, they are only really being taken serious now).
Ammo is still being "balanced" here and there instead of trying to make an as-realistic interpretation of their capabilities, where they should be left at and not have to be looked at again.
Helmets are overprotective "because they'd be useless otherwise" (how is this not catering to a more casual element?).

I hope I've given you more of the specifics, and maybe now you understand what I meant.

• Upvote 1
Niewiarygodny
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Majlo said:

1. Flea market is working like Amazon drone delivery

Ye, agree, mentioned that. Sure some tweaks here and there it would be much better.
Like "Delivery time" "if you place something on flea it will appear there in xx min" etc

6 hours ago, Majlo said:

2. The hideout crafting and farming

Also mentioned that (Overall hideout) but well, it's game, not real life tho (I know, poo argument but it's true)

6 hours ago, Majlo said:

3. The continued addition of more "meme" and "streamer" items

Idc about them rly, most of them u won't even know that they are streamer item at all. 
Also ofc we would be able to find some kind of merch/streamer items in real life if such conflict would appear in big city.

6 hours ago, Majlo said:

4. The addition of the survival/surgery kits should speak for themselves.

Again will use "it's still game" argument.

6 hours ago, Majlo said:

Yes, certain things are definitely moving towards realism, however other things are staying stagnant and nothing is done about it, or even worse, makes things move away from the point.
(I just want to add here that I really don't care what has been said is "planned". If it hasn't happened for months since they said it was "planned", I can no longer be persuaded by "it's already planned, it's going to come".)

Well, the things u are saying is true, but again didn't get any proves that game is becoming easier and easier with each patches.

Yes, there were few things (as hideout/flea market) but those things would appear anyway, those were mentioned in 2015/2016 so loooong before casuals appeared.

ANd yes, they do nothing about certain things, but yet again, IDC.
Why idc? Cause EFT is not being close release date, if they ever release game with those bugs/movement/economy, they yeah, i will speak up, but now? No reason to.

It's like buying flat from Developer, seeing how they work on it then complaining that they are not focusin on your flat, that they do something first, instead doing diffrent thing which in YOUR OPINION is more important.

BSG always said that they wanna create world first, then have ability to work on that world.
That they didn't do x things cause it would take it much more time now than waiting till they move to new engine version bla bla.

Yeah maybe some of those  sound as excuses, but again, idc. They develope game, they know what to do. 
If they actually lsiten to majority at some point, then well it's our fault that we bought game:
- In beta
- From Russian unkown studio
Cause how many other games never end? How many other games promise even more than Tarkov (or less) and never finish bla bla.

Hope u get my point ^^. Ofc u don't have to share my opinion at all.

Edited by Niewiarygodny
Majlo
29 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Hope u get my point ^^. Ofc u don't have to share my opinion at all.

I understand where you are coming from, and I think you now understand where I am coming from.

It is however very clear we don't see eye-to-eye on what I see as larger issues.

• Like 1