Add Vytis 9x18 AK-based submachine gun

KaToast

Posted (edited)

vytis2.jpg.09d22a5bbe42d4839fa8f1f7137cfac1.jpg

https://guns.fandom.com/wiki/Vytis_submachine_gun

The Vytis submachine gun (Lithuanian: Pistoletas-Kulkosvaidis Vytis) is a Lithuanian submachine gun that was designed by Algirdas Petrusevičius in 1990 and produced by Vytis in Lithuania from 1991 to 1993. Envisioned as a guerrilla weapon, the Vytis was supplied to the armies of a then-newly independent Lithuania.

I think this gun would be hilarious to see in game, with the ergonomics of an AKMS and shooting makarov bullets it would be an interesting choice
for anyone seeking to shoot such caliber bullets in a cheap but ergonomic gun.

Please leave your opinion below, I'd love to hear your opinion about this gun and how it would fare in tarkov.

Edited by KaToast

I think it's a bit too obscure, and well, how would it end up in Tarkov in larger quantities than 1-10? According to the wiki you yourself listed, it's only "easily" available in Lithuania (for the 9x18 mm), Finland, and Sweden (for the 9x19 mm).

It has the same problem as adding something like the M1 Garand in .30-06 or the Karabiner 98 kurz in 8 mm. Sure, these are all cool weapons which would probably look and feel great to use in EFT, but how do they fit in? There can't reasonably exist more than 100 (probably less than 10 for most of these examples as well as the Vytis) that would be available to our characters.

1 minute ago, Majlo said:

I think it's a bit too obscure, and well, how would it end up in Tarkov in larger quantities than 1-10? According to the wiki you yourself listed, it's only "easily" available in Lithuania (for the 9x18 mm), Finland, and Sweden (for the 9x19 mm).

It has the same problem as adding something like the M1 Garand in .30-06 or the Karabiner 98 kurz in 8 mm. Sure, these are all cool weapons which would probably look and feel great to use in EFT, but how do they fit in? There can't reasonably exist more than 100 (probably less than 10 for most of these examples as well as the Vytis) that would be available to our characters.

I agree, it's a bit too obscure, but maybe it could be added as a weapon you can craft in hideout using an AK and a Makarov, or maybe it would be added as a super rare scav weapon.