How to exfil ??

Macarthaig

Is there some kind of trick to exfiling the map. Playing customs today and using my main i stood in the trailer park area and never got an exfil. ended up missing in action. Am i doing something wrong?

Xarc
Just now, Macarthaig said:

yeah i read that. yet still didnt work.

You have to bring the map on one monitor (in case you have multiple monitor) with extract locations then start in offline mode sessions to learn them.

Press O twice when you start the raid to give you the extraction points ... those which are with exclamation mark are opened just for an amount of time (what I recall).

kthomasr
2 hours ago, Macarthaig said:

Is there some kind of trick to exfiling the map. Playing customs today and using my main i stood in the trailer park area and never got an exfil. ended up missing in action. Am i doing something wrong?

Don't mind Xarc. Useless information is useless.

Trailer park extract for customs is in the bottom left corner of map, in midst of the trees and bushes. You have to move WAY back in there to find the small extract spot. 

In regards to extracts with ????, they are not always open (Smugglers boat, RUAF Roadblock, ZB-12), or there are requirements to open them (ZB-13, bunker door, armored train).

• Cold 1
Niewiarygodny

@Macarthaigso normally if you spawn on map then NORMALLY your exits are on other side of maps (thats how players are forced to travel across map in order to extract and meet other players).

Whats more, u need to know is that in order to check your extracts and make it 100 % sure u need to press "o" 2 times.

There are also extracts which are sometimes open/or require something special to trigger/extract.

I.e. On customs u need to turn on power and then open doors with Factory key in order to extract via Stronghold extract.
U need to find car (Behind dorms) and have 7k roubless with you in order to extract via car.
ETC.

BlackFive

New guy here, too.  I play in Windowed Borderless - so I can AltTab and see the map I've loaded when waiting for the game to start.

My advice is to google "Tarkov (mapname) Wiki" - because the interactive maps are weird, and if you google 'map' instead of 'wiki' you get the weird behavior - but from the wiki you can choose a static map.  The other nice thing is beyond having the exfil marked, you get a picture of it.

Recognize that most exfils are Scav exrfils - so you need to discern between which are Scav and which are PMC.  Also - never try for one of the 'friendly PMC/SCAV' exits (where you need two people) -- I've never seen it work out.  OTOH, the ones where you need to pay to get out are worth having money in the Alpha (etc).