Horrible priorities from BSG

Vindsvept

Is it just me or does anyone else have the feeling that BSG have their priorities all wrong?

They are continously working on new content, while doing jack shite on the actual issues.
I can stand loud noises or Steam Audio still not working up to par, aside other sound issues, balancing issues and what not. But what really ticks me the duck off that there is still horrible desync. My RTT and ping is absolutely fine. I tested it with a friend, we went shooting at eachother. At one point, I see him pop up and insta tap me and on his screen it showed he peeked and took aim for around 2 seconds. What also bothered me is that on my screen I shot him in the head (blood animation and blood on the wall) and on his screen I just missed by an inch.

When is BSG actually going to step up their priorities and fix these issues that are defining AND ruining the game for me. Especially in situations where every second counts.

They dragged in millions of euro's, dollars whatever with their cheater 'ban' system, so I can only assume that they have plenty of funds to upgrade their servers, definately after the huge influx of new players.

I don't want to hear this 'it's still Beta' nonsense, the fact that the game is being developed, does NOT mean the servers should be Beta aswell.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 2
softcorn

Very very oversimplified: Whats the point in fixing issues that are going to be re-introduced with new content? 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 3
Vindsvept
3 minutes ago, softcorn said:

Very very oversimplified: Whats the point in fixing issues that are going to be re-introduced with new content? 

Getting better servers has nothing to do with new content.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
Caster89Actual
7 minutes ago, Vindsvept said:

Is it just me or does anyone else have the feeling that BSG have their priorities all wrong?

They are continously working on new content, while doing jack shite on the actual issues.
I can stand loud noises or Steam Audio still not working up to par, aside other sound issues, balancing issues and what not. But what really ticks me the duck off that there is still horrible desync. My RTT and ping is absolutely fine. I tested it with a friend, we went shooting at eachother. At one point, I see him pop up and insta tap me and on his screen it showed he peeked and took aim for around 2 seconds. What also bothered me is that on my screen I shot him in the head (blood animation and blood on the wall) and on his screen I just missed by an inch.

When is BSG actually going to step up their priorities and fix these issues that are defining AND ruining the game for me. Especially in situations where every second counts.

They dragged in millions of euro's, dollars whatever with their cheater 'ban' system, so I can only assume that they have plenty of funds to upgrade their servers, definately after the huge influx of new players.

I don't want to hear this 'it's still Beta' nonsense, the fact that the game is being developed, does NOT mean the servers should be Beta aswell.

I think their idea is get as much content done as possible and then when they are done with the main meat of the game work on optimization after.

though I agree with the portion of the community that disagrees with this method.

I have brought this game up a handful of times before but I only do so because it is a pretty good bar to set game development  wise.

Respawn Entertainment and Titanfall.

What made those games so great was the fact that they started with and optimized the mechanics of the game and built everything else around that.

the complete opposite of what BSG is doing. Unfortunately because that’s the way they are going about developing the game every day it’s falling deeper and deeper into the category of “Slav jank”

Mattd316

op most game developers work this way its not exclusive to BSG and the cant please everyone.If they worked on that stuff only people would be crying that there is no new content.And the servers issues are not as simple to fix as just saying get better servers.The have contracts with providers that they cant just break and change whenever it suits them.Do some people just not think logicaly before complaining?smh

• Sad 2
MarcBorgia

I get the idea of finishing content that could implement bugs before getting hard into bug fixes. I just think they are adding way too much unnecessary stuff. We have like 4 bags that are the exact same size, same with a few rigs. Ok if you want different camos i get it but like the duffel and hikers bag or whatever? Same size oriented differently, one is a little lower profile than the other but came first so why add the other?

AzureChimes
3 hours ago, Mattd316 said:

op most game developers work this way its not exclusive to BSG and the cant please everyone.If they worked on that stuff only people would be crying that there is no new content.And the servers issues are not as simple to fix as just saying get better servers.The have contracts with providers that they cant just break and change whenever it suits them.Do some people just not think logicaly before complaining?smh

The BSG excuse train is coming. Prepare yourself bois.

• Like 1
kevinpdoty
5 hours ago, Vindsvept said:

Agree 100%. Been playing for 4 years and it's the same rodeo every patch. Look at all the new stuff, let's wipe your ass, add some fixes to the new patch, and watch all the changes and fixes get rolled back without communication from the team. 

Vindsvept
5 hours ago, Caster89Actual said:

I think their idea is get as much content done as possible and then when they are done with the main meat of the game work on optimization after.

though I agree with the portion of the community that disagrees with this method.

I have brought this game up a handful of times before but I only do so because it is a pretty good bar to set game development  wise.

Respawn Entertainment and Titanfall.

What made those games so great was the fact that they started with and optimized the mechanics of the game and built everything else around that.

the complete opposite of what BSG is doing. Unfortunately because that’s the way they are going about developing the game every day it’s falling deeper and deeper into the category of “Slav jank”

Yeah exactly. I have been seeing this more and more with new games coming out, getting code and such properly done first first and build upon that, instead of ramming in new stuff and 'fix' later. Aside from the fact that the majority of players are continously complaining about the horrible desync in a realism based shooter where every second matters, there is litterally no advantage to adding new stuff right now. Fix first, new content later. I think almost all players will agree to this, especially the people who have been playing and dealing with this shite for years.

4 hours ago, Mattd316 said:

That they have a contract means absolutely nothing. How daft are you?

If I have a contract with a serverprovider and they do NOT provide, it's in my right to either force the provider to provide or cancel the contract and look for something better. There are multiple examples where this has happened.

53 minutes ago, AzureChimes said:

The BSG excuse train is coming. Prepare yourself bois.

Sad Choo Choo

MarcBorgia

Another thing i thought of, whats the reasoning for expanding maps before finishing the new map theyve been talking about for the 2 years ive been playing? Dont get me wrong i like the woods and customs expansion and probably the factory but id like to see streets soon.

Vindsvept
1 minute ago, MarcBorgia said:

Another thing i thought of, whats the reasoning for expanding maps before finishing the new map theyve been talking about for the 2 years ive been playing? Dont get me wrong i like the woods and customs expansion and probably the factory but id like to see streets soon.

I understand the customs expansion since there were too few spawnpoints and too many chokepoints. For older players those chokepoints were ideal since Customs is easy to remember where heavy traffic is coming through. Getting the new expansion for Customs is better for newer players who have more routes to choose from.

MarcBorgia
3 minutes ago, Vindsvept said:

I understand the customs expansion since there were too few spawnpoints and too many chokepoints. For older players those chokepoints were ideal since Customs is easy to remember where heavy traffic is coming through. Getting the new expansion for Customs is better for newer players who have more routes to choose from.

I agree on the customs one. Makes sense. And im sure ill enjoy the factory expansion, just not sure its warranted right now and the woods one, again i enjoy it, but it didnt seem neccessary at this point especially when they are supposed to be working on a whole new map.

Vindsvept
17 minutes ago, MarcBorgia said:

I agree on the customs one. Makes sense. And im sure ill enjoy the factory expansion, just not sure its warranted right now and the woods one, again i enjoy it, but it didnt seem neccessary at this point especially when they are supposed to be working on a whole new map.

And I agree on the woods one. Woods is mainly played by players who are going for the Shooter Born In Heaven quests. Aside from that I personally find Woods dull. However, no matter what is being worked on, connection-stability should be priority number one. It has been plaguing the game since it was playable by the community. I do admit, it's less then it was, but it's still bad.

Spectator6
6 hours ago, Vindsvept said:

Except... That's quite literally what it means.

How do you think a game's back-end gets built? Just sprinkle some magic fairy dust on it and call it good?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
Caster89Actual
5 hours ago, Mattd316 said:

You do bring up a valid point about the servers and them having contracts and it not being a simple fix. That said however that doesn’t excuse them from getting in said contracts in the first place. The current rates the servers run off of is really said and shouldn’t be running a game like tarkov.

Vindsvept
3 hours ago, Spectator6 said:

How do you think a game's back-end gets built? Just sprinkle some magic fairy dust on it and call it good?

Yeah no, nice try. The desync is caused by bad servers. That's known for quite some time now. And the fact that they still keep dropping the ball on this one after all these years, says enough. They do not care.

• Like 1
Spectator6
8 minutes ago, Vindsvept said:

The desync is caused by bad servers.

So according to you, they just call 1-800-GIB-SRVR and it's all taken care of?

What do you think is responsible for keeping things in sync? What about all the programming involved in, ohh, I don't know...THE ENTIRE BACK-END PORTION OF THE GAME?

Please, spare us the time, take your trolling elsewhere!

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 2
traumacode
14 hours ago, Vindsvept said:

They "ban" players and allow the same players to go out and buy more copies of the game and continue to cheat.  Whatever amount of money they spent on their anti-cheat system, I'll guarantee you they make more money allowing people to cheat.

The honest player base are the only ones that suffer.

Then again, this is the same company that refuses to utilize other technologies that are successful in minimizing cheating such as software that runs before your operating system or utilizing cell phones with authenticators because some players don't have the ability to buy a phone.  I find their logic absolutely retarded - if they bought a game and pay for internet, they can afford a damn phone and hook it to wifi for an authenticator. 

It's just a lazy excuse not to implement something so they don't lose sales.

• Like 2
Vindsvept
8 hours ago, traumacode said:

They "ban" players and allow the same players to go out and buy more copies of the game and continue to cheat.  Whatever amount of money they spent on their anti-cheat system, I'll guarantee you they make more money allowing people to cheat.

Then again, this is the same company that refuses to utilize other technologies that are successful in minimizing cheating such as software that runs before your operating system or utilizing cell phones with authenticators because some players don't have the ability to buy a phone.  I find their logic absolutely retarded - if they bought a game and pay for internet, they can afford a damn phone and hook it to wifi for an authenticator. 

This sums up what alot of developers do nowadays. Not to mention up-to-par hardware and proper coding.

• Like 1
chrisragnar

Honestly don't notice any more desynchronization in EFT then any other multiplayer shooter.

• Like 1
Caster89Actual
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, traumacode said:

That feeling when you are working on punisher part 4 and 5 raids in a row you either get head eyes’d/jaw by someone with no armor, raid backpack and stock fal stomping their way into resort pre firing the corner you’re  around killing you on their 2nd shot or an invisible person appears out of nowhere 5 feet from you and beams you with tracer rounds that aren’t visible.

it’s a complicated feeling that isn’t a good one but I guess BSG has to make all that extra money some how. Honest players be damned.

im honestly about to give up on this task, I’m sick of having to wear scav vests.

Edited by Caster89Actual
AzureChimes
On 5/13/2021 at 1:21 PM, Spectator6 said:

No, use the resources you've managed to gather in the 10's of millions and hire competent back end network engineers. Even if they aren't from Russia.

On 5/13/2021 at 4:50 PM, Spectator6 said:

So according to you, they just call 1-800-GIB-SRVR and it's all taken care of?

What do you think is responsible for keeping things in sync? What about all the programming involved in, ohh, I don't know...THE ENTIRE BACK-END PORTION OF THE GAME?

Please, spare us the time, take your trolling elsewhere!

BSG SIMPathizer

• Hot 1
Spectator6
1 hour ago, AzureChimes said:

No, use the resources you've managed to gather in the 10's of millions and hire competent back end network engineers. Even if they aren't from Russia.

Sure, but now is not that time.

When the game gets closer to launch and things have been optimized, in my mind *THAT'S* when it's time to spool up the big guns and get the backend in tip-top shape for the global release.

Not now, while we're still neck deep in Alpha (new features, etc) stages.

Sure it "sucks" a bit for those of us trying to play and the enjoy the game in the meantime, but in my mind, we're the ones with our priorities off, not them.

• Sad 1
Vindsvept
1 hour ago, Spectator6 said:

Sure, but now is not that time.

When the game gets closer to launch and things have been optimized, in my mind *THAT'S* when it's time to spool up the big guns and get the backend in tip-top shape for the global release.

Not now, while we're still neck deep in Alpha (new features, etc) stages.

Sure it "sucks" a bit for those of us trying to play and the enjoy the game in the meantime, but in my mind, we're the ones with our priorities off, not them.

We're in Beta. That's usually middle-stage development where backend properly works, the majority of the systemcoding works and where mainly new content is being added alongside minor bugfixes that are needed for that exact same added content. But not in BSG. They just slap a Beta-tag on a clear Alpha product and call it a day.

NotSoNew
10 minutes ago, Vindsvept said:

We're in Beta. That's usually middle-stage development where backend properly works, the majority of the systemcoding works and where mainly new content is being added alongside minor bugfixes that are needed for that exact same added content. But not in BSG. They just slap a Beta-tag on a clear Alpha product and call it a day.

just give it another year they will slap a 1.0 tag on it and we will be stuck with their half ass product,

This game has turned into a joke  well the development of it atleast