Nikita answers questions from content creators

tobiassolem

12 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

Topic 10: The community seems to be split between “Chads and Rats” where some are here to dominate PvP while others are here to survive and explore. What might you say to the people worried their interests aren’t going to be supported in the end product? 

Nikita: “I don't understand this question - especially concerning those who are used to a simpler way of playing. I can tell that the simple games, arcadey games, arcadey shooters and; the players who want EFT to be similar to this way will try to make their statement and try to keep their habits from those games in this game. They don’t want this game to become more hardcore, and... these types of players, their interests will not be supported by us. Escape From Tarkovis not about that. 

All of the game processes are not made to make the game easier for those players. So, I don’t know. I don't like “metas” - I want “metas” to go away from Tarkov. Especially stuff that gives you an advantage or disadvantages built on unbalanced stuff in the game. So our work is to fix that, and make as much variety as possible without bottlenecks,  without “metas”. So to have this one and only advantage. You must create many advantages - you must earn them with your skill and with your intellect, and the ability to pinpoint and learn the details of the game and take this information and make this into your advantage. So this is the general idea of the game. ”

Chads be on suicide watch

Posted (edited)

Rat and Chad=play style's, and they cannot be fixed,BSG with all do respect can't do nothing about how i want to play the game unless they kick me out from the server for afk:)).with that being said rat and chad represents excuses for the minds that lost  at the game.

Locations in this game are weakly protected  by the faction that was made to destabilize  the game and protect/defend the high/low loot areas;Scavs with better weapons better armours and numbers, better aim/fighting abilities can make the players fight more for their loot and for the chance of reaching hight loot areas,the downside of that is the fact that u brake the economy,,more quality loot means more money,more money means trouble.

Edited by HervoX_0

Posted (edited)

this all sounds great and want to say that I am overly excited to see all this come to fruition ... especially the storyline bits ... but I noticed there is one topic that was never addressed ... can you really expect what your envisioning for this amazing game with the state of cheaters the way it is ... have you been working towards solutions to put a halt to it or even slow dramatically ... I'm happy to be getting new items and locations but what I would rather have more is fix what you have first ... there is areas that I cant get to and things I'm not able to do because there are a massive amount of people that are using scripts (for example eft glow and if this is a feature that was arranged by you guys why as an edge of darkness owner do I not have it. I take pride in my mental prowess for tactical maneuvering and strategy so id rather not have it. ) to enhance their gameplay ... they'll deny it of course but anyone with a brain and a set of eyes can see the obvious and blatant use of cheats ... what are your plans to deter that cause in my honest opinion battle eye is not working. nor is VAC or any other anticheats that are already out there. i have many more inquiries about anti cheats but that's a topic for another day.

Edited by Twizt3d_V1z1on

1 minute ago, Twizt3d_V1z1on said:

this all sounds great and want to say that I am overly excited to see all this come to fruition ... especially the storyline bits ... but I noticed there is one topic that was never addressed ... can you really expect what your envisioning for this amazing game with the state of cheaters the way it is ... have you been working towards solutions to put a halt to it or even slow dramatically ... I'm happy to be getting new items and locations but what I would rather have more is fix what you have first ... there is areas that I cant get to and things I'm not able to do because there are a massive amount of people that are using scripts (for example eft glow and if this is a feature that was arranged by you guys why as an edge of darkness owner do I not have it. I take pride in my mental prowess for tactical maneuvering and strategy so id rather not have it. ) to enhance their gameplay ... they'll deny it of course but anyone with a brain and a set of eyes can see the obvious and blatant use of cheats ... what are your plans to deter that cause in my honest opinion battle eye is not working. nor is VAC or any other anticheats that are already out there. i have my more inquiries about anti cheats but that's a topic for another day.

Maybe they disable my acount after this post but i think the cheaters in this game represents source of income for the bsg. I dont see how this bussiness at the end of the day makes u money for the servers and the ~200 employees since u dont get money for advertising the weapon manufacturers or the stuff that is in the game

• Sad 1

I'm very pleased about the promises of new features and dealing with metas, too bad that most of them are only in the planning phase.

Also if they plan to implement Factory expansion and Lighthouse before Streets of Tarkov, on top of the fact that no optimisation work has been done, then "Streets by the end of the year" is basically cancelled, right? At least I wouldn't expect that to happen at this point.

11 hours ago, Jurgen1488 said:

WILL THERE BE A PvE MODE IN THE GAME WHERE PROGRESS WILL BE POSSIBLE, BUT WILL IT ALSO BE POSSIBLE TO PLAY THIS PvE MODE IN COOP MODE WITH FRIENDS?

No, there won't be.

Any and all PVE modes, coop or not, will never save progression.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, HervoX_0 said:

But,there is nothing to fix,u should learn to adapt to various situations on the locations by playing with termal vision or taking alternative looting path's.U expect to press W and shift key with your SA-58,hK 416,slick and ris-T helmet and wipe the map,in this game thankfully is not the case.

Oh don't fix it then , im sure alt-tab camping in a bush while playing mobile is the gameplay they promoting sure thing buddy :) 

Statistic talks , i killed 10 more pmc with only a RFB at hands loading m80 sitting in a bush.  Now imagine i use MP7 loading with ap rounds sitting in a bush with thermal . 

Yeah , sure you will adopt to it and change your looting path right ? good i can't wait until every bush will be a lava area where people avoid it !!!!!

Thats some content right there . 

Edited by forevermasteryi

16 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

Topic 10: The community seems to be split between “Chads and Rats” where some are here to dominate PvP while others are here to survive and explore. What might you say to the people worried their interests aren’t going to be supported in the end product? 

Nikita: “I don't understand this question - especially concerning those who are used to a simpler way of playing. I can tell that the simple games, arcadey games, arcadey shooters and; the players who want EFT to be similar to this way will try to make their statement and try to keep their habits from those games in this game. They don’t want this game to become more hardcore, and... these types of players, their interests will not be supported by us. Escape From Tarkovis not about that. 

All of the game processes are not made to make the game easier for those players. So, I don’t know. I don't like “metas” - I want “metas” to go away from Tarkov. Especially stuff that gives you an advantage or disadvantages built on unbalanced stuff in the game. So our work is to fix that, and make as much variety as possible without bottlenecks,  without “metas”. So to have this one and only advantage. You must create many advantages - you must earn them with your skill and with your intellect, and the ability to pinpoint and learn the details of the game and take this information and make this into your advantage. So this is the general idea of the game. ”

Nice!

18 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

We know that factions are going to play a more big role in EFT, but will there be some form of “standings” system with different factions? Can you become friends with them like you can with the traders?

I really don't understand this question. At which factions he is referring to ?

Who with who can be able to become friendly ?

3 minutes ago, Xarc said:

I guess it's about PMC with specific factions which appear or will appear on maps as AI.

4 minutes ago, Xarc said:

At which factions he is referring to ?

I think atm they are talking "overall" not about specific factions.
Like u could become friends with Untar's as Usec.
Or with that russian group as Bear (which will be added at some point)
Or overall with other factions about which we don't know much.

I understand it that if we would become "friends" with x factions then they would simply not shoot us on sight.
There are Un checkpoints, in future there could be Untar forces at those spots and then posibilites to:
1. Be safe there
2. Have extra backup in fights if u fight i.e. vs bear and he does not have good relations with them
3. Maybe even have special extracts?

Endless posibilites.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Xarc:

I really don't understand this question. At which factions he is referring to ?

Regular russian army, UNTAR, all Scav-faction  ("Grizzle" armed group / Fiend armed group / Yarik, Yaga armed group / Lawyer group), Scav-Raiders, the bosses and thier guards and the cultist.

8 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Like u could become friends with "faction" as Usec.

1 minute ago, Hijack_Dallas said:

Regular russian army, UNTAR, all Scav-faction  ("Grizzle" armed group / Fiend armed group / Yarik, Yaga armed group / Lawyer group), Scav-Raiders, the bosses and thier guards and the cultist.

How you would become friendly with the faction ? You should die to that faction (n times) without responding with fire to them (to increase your "friendliness") ? They will not hold "precious" items to kill for ?

How you will get "precious" items from them, if it supposed to kill and loot them ?

How would be increased the friendliness with all factions to run in front of them without being killed ?

Posted (edited)
vor 3 Minuten schrieb Xarc:

How would be increased the friendliness with all factions to run in front of them without being killed ?

With UNTAR it´s very easy. They shot at you "after" you shot at them. If you don´t kill them, than they are neutral. The same would go with the russian army.

But if your greedy, than kill them and get the loot, but don´t aspect, that they are always neutral.

One more thing, Peacekeeper would hate you and you will probably lose rep., if you mess with UNTAR

Edited by Hijack_Dallas

1 minute ago, Hijack_Dallas said:

With UNTAR it´s very easy. They shot at you "after" you shot at them. If you don´t kill them, than they are neutral. The same would go with the russian army.

Then you don't need to increase your "friendliness" with them. So what's the point to be "more" friendly with them then you need ?

You will have some facilities in the flea market ? Or in the hideout ?

I would agree ... you shot one of them from mistake ... friendliness will go down (probably/supposition) .

But how you restore it ?

Posted (edited)
vor 4 Minuten schrieb Xarc:

But how you restore it ?

just be nice to them. but if you have negative or even worse realationship with them, tham you can´t do anything.

Some people even say, that Fence is the master of the flea market, but that would also mean, with an worse realtionshipt with him, you will never ever enter the flea market again.

Edited by Hijack_Dallas

I think at the minute the game isnt enjoyable, if the wipe was to happen soon i wouldnt mind if there was no new content, but if the game was maybe better optimised, bugs fixed and the server issues fixed. I think not just myself but alot of the community would be happy with that.

Posted (edited)

I'm reading a lot of these comments and find it interesting how many people say EFT should have this feature like <Insert game here> , or that feature like <Also insert game here> . Nakita clearly states he doesn't want EFT to be like other games and neither do I. I love this game above all others for its uniqueness. I absolutely love that he does not try and conform or cave to peer pressure. 

long may it continue. 

Edited by BottomFeeder

11 hours ago, Hijack_Dallas said:

Some people even say, that Fence is the master of the flea market, but that would also mean, with an worse realtionshipt with him, you will never ever enter the flea market again.

I'm a big idiot ... I totally forgot about vendors with which you can trade to increase your reputation.

On 5/13/2021 at 5:46 PM, Jurgen1488 said:

I'm happy for some more answers. And that one finds out the plans for the game in the future.

But not only am I still interested in the possibility of PvE in the game.
Now in the game there is a possibility of PvE, but there is no progress, there is no possibility to get loot and more.

So my question is. WILL THERE BE A PvE MODE IN THE GAME WHERE PROGRESS WILL BE POSSIBLE, BUT WILL IT ALSO BE POSSIBLE TO PLAY THIS PvE MODE IN COOP MODE WITH FRIENDS?

That has been stated as a clearly never going to happen. 

19 hours ago, Xarc said:

How you would become friendly with the faction ? You should die to that faction (n times) without responding with fire to them (to increase your "friendliness") ? They will not hold "precious" items to kill for ?

How you will get "precious" items from them, if it supposed to kill and loot them ?

Endless posibilities?
Make quests aka choose sides (i.e. u got quest def untars or attack untars with + rep on untar and - rep in russian faction and opposite)
You kill their "enemies" as in GTA 2.
Do specific missions for such faction (as in gta 2)
You could pay x vendor to increase/reset reputation to certain point.

You won't get precious items from them then, but maybe there will be crate which they will allow you to open?
Use special extract?
Give discount in x vendor?
Ability to buy special items at specific vendor?
Unlock clothing/other stuff.
Like, i only try to give basic stuff, but if you think about it more, they could give info about somekind of shipment to traders (As we know traders will work diffrent in the future) so u could get info about "not being able to buy any m4 for next week" before it actually happen, or that x checkpoint is being under attack = means PMC is there etc)

Who said u would or even should be able to increase "friendliness" with all factions?
LIke in GTA, u increase friendliness with 1 faction then second start hating u, cause they are rivals.

DOn't be limited to actual gameplay, sure with current features such "faction reputation" wouldn't make much sense @Xarc. But if we think about thing which MAY appear in future, then also think about other features which would exist at that point.

So things as:
PAtrols/places guarded by x npc
Extra extracts defended by x factions or even required to be at certain reputation in order to use (LIke u get password/card/key)
+1/2 lvl at traders
Being marked as x faction
Overall Karma
Bounty for our head
"Neutral zones" which u may not enter with x karma (Been mentioned in one of podcasts)
and more "posibilites" like BSG is constantly thinking about new features, so again "endless posibilities".

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2021 at 11:59 PM, TheGBeast said:

Hmmm, "Streets of Tarkov will contain unique extracts and unique gameplay features unique and special to this location, so in a way it's like a new gaming experience. The idea is just to implement this location with all the features and stuff, and bosses, to feel like it’s something new in EFT!” Sounds interesting, notice how bosses is plural, multiple bosses in streets???? Overall amazing post.

Could be simple as Scav Raiders being referred to in end match statistics as bosses killed. So regardless if you kill the actual boss or a gang member, you get one boss kill. I think they just differentiate between regular scav and non-regular scav (boss and followers).

On 5/14/2021 at 12:09 AM, BattleZooTV said:

Blyatiful!

I like the anti-meta statement. Would love to see it solved.

I think a large part of this meta problem rests in the ammunition available versus armor and how safe armor can make you. If you can readily gain access to high tier armor, you need high penetrating bullets to maximize your chances of killing your opponents and thus staying alive. And some guns are just not PvP optimized when it is margins that determines life or death.

Thankfully it seems like the European servers are quite varied in weapon choices. I heard the American servers are borderline reduced to HKs, RBKs, MP7s, Vectors, SA-58, and I'm forgetting a few others. On EU I regularly run into high level players running MPX (not that many MP5s), Saiga-12, MP-153, RFB, M1A, SV-98, and quite a lot of different guns. There are a lean towards higher tier maps like Reserve and Labs where people run meta gear. However I believe this is again a reflection on the ammo versus armor. It also seems like this need for high penetrating bullets has made helmets borderline obsolete unless you run lvl 5+. There's still the ricochet chance, which makes wearing a helmet better than not, but you might as well go for cheaper alternatives.

The only meta thing I really dislike atm, is the large group spawn rush on Labs. 3-4 players running around on Labs flushing out the other spawns makes the map insanely difficult for solo players. There's very limited ways to maneuver around the map without giving away your position. And if you have to encounter them, you might get one or two of them in a surprise attack, but their buddies will get you as you're reloading/recovering. And thanks to the stamina drain on getting hurt, you cannot reposition very efficiently if at all. On most other maps you can find ways to evade large groups, but Labs is so boxed in that it is very difficult.

The fact that Raiders spawns so late, so few and with worse ammo, means that these groups gets free reign to flush within the first 10 minutes. I mean raiders with AKs are sometimes loaded with PS ammo, SMGs with Luger/RIP/PSO ammo, M4 variants with 855, and shotguns with RIP - there's a high amount of hollow point rounds that raiders use that is essentially useless against armored foes. The raiders are therefore not always a deterrent to this tactic. If any PMC opens an extraction or makes noise (like killing Raiders), the group will rotate toward that spot to clear any PMCs so they can loot peacefully for themselves. If one of the group dies, their buddies will be able to recover most of their gear and still take some extra loot out for cash to fund the next run.

I don't have a problem with group play, except when it turns the odds comically in the groups' favor due to the map's spawn limits (6-10 players) and size. And when those groups then leverage that meta knowledge even more to their advantage by rushing the other spawn points where they know someone is likely to be around, it just becomes frustrating. Especially on a high-stakes map with an entry fee where you usually bring in expensive gear.

On 5/14/2021 at 5:53 AM, forevermasteryi said:

Bush wookie is the true meta right now , you can sit in custom bush , you either finish custom quest safely or kill some one with loot and finish the quest safely . Its like fishing . I can even alt-tab and play mobile game in the background and switch back if only a footstep comes by . fix it .

Bush wookies are reliant on players getting near their position. So you may just be spending a long time in a bush fruitlessly while no one comes nearby. The food and water situation is there partially to make a barrier for long raids. You can obviously just grab some food and water with you, but if you don't get any loot you would have wasted your time. And yes, you may be alt-tabbing and playing a mobile game, but then again... are you then playing EFT? It doesn't seem like you're having much fun with the game if all you do is wait in a bush for an opportunity to get a kill.

If there's ever a place where wookies reliably sits, then people will just bullet-check or grenade-check the place to flush out wookies or avoid the area completely until it is no longer meta. Stealth is a very big part of the game - hence why you have so much control over your movement and height placement.

If i would sitting in a bush and wait, than always on high alert. If i see someone in 150m far away 2 PMC killing each other, than i just take my SV-98 out and wait. Some will survive and will loot the other. I aim for the head and -boom- ... red cloud. 2 Body´s lies now on the street, ready to beeing looted 150m+ away.

That is the sniper´s path, ya know