Coming back to eft and its worse than when I left

NotSoNew

Honestly this is not a hate post I put 1000's of hours into eft but in the year break i took from it the game and now coming back to it i can't help but notice how bad the desync truly is , how bad the maps still are ( spawns etc) and surprise the economy is even worse than when I left like how the duck did you guys manage that one .... I get the games beta but the games also almost 5 years old now and we still don't even have near 50% of the core game in i'm sorry to say but this is really pathetic seeing how much you guys have made off this game  and look I get you guys think differently towards consumers in your part of the world but this is the type of poo that kills any rep you guys have with the community .

This game is not going anywhere anymore , I really wish I did not spend so much money on this but hey its the last straw to show me no more beta games  ever  so thanks BSG for turning out like every other dev company and I honestly hope the community doesn't buy your next project just like I won't be you guys don't deserve it for what you have done to this community  

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
fosben

you have spent 1000's of hours and then complain about the money you have used on it ?  that's not many $ pr hour is it ? -I guess you only bought the game once..

• Sad 7
TarkovCitizen4431498

If you really played thousands of hours you have had sub 5 cent per hour of fun. Where else do you get such a return on your money? I'd say it's a good purchase.

As someone who started playing just over a year ago I can see huge improvements in the game. I'd never want to go back to how the game played a year ago. Yes, desync kills you sometimes, but who cares, gear up again and jump in.

Bye I guess.

• Like 1
chrisragnar
3 hours ago, NotSoNew said:

Honestly this is not a hate post I put 1000's of hours into eft but in the year break i took from it the game and now coming back to it i can't help but notice how bad the desync truly is , how bad the maps still are ( spawns etc) and surprise the economy is even worse than when I left like how the duck did you guys manage that one .... I get the games beta but the games also almost 5 years old now and we still don't even have near 50% of the core game in i'm sorry to say but this is really pathetic seeing how much you guys have made off this game  and look I get you guys think differently towards consumers in your part of the world but this is the type of poo that kills any rep you guys have with the community .

This game is not going anywhere anymore , I really wish I did not spend so much money on this but hey its the last straw to show me no more beta games  ever  so thanks BSG for turning out like every other dev company and I honestly hope the community doesn't buy your next project just like I won't be you guys don't deserve it for what you have done to this community  

What do you mean we dont have 50% of the game? Like maps? Or what other than maps are you missing that is half of the game?

AzureChimes
On 5/14/2021 at 3:22 PM, NotSoNew said:

You are 100% spot on and the replies in this thread are filled with nothing but delusional cultists who's job is to do everything they can to deflect any legitimate and logical criticisms regarding not only this developers unprofessional behaviors, but fruitless endeavors that do nothing but alienate its player base. What you have left behind is a bunch of BSG SIMPathizers who would rather gatekeep and tell you to go F yourself than actually have a constructive conversation about the state of this game and have some form of accountability.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
NotSoNew
2 hours ago, AzureChimes said:

You are 100% spot on and the replies in this thread are filled with nothing but delusional cultists who's job is to do everything they can to deflect any legitimate and logical criticisms regarding not only this developers unprofessional behaviors, but fruitless endeavors that do nothing but alienate its player base. What you have left behind is a bunch of BSG SIMPathizers who would rather gatekeep and tell you to go F yourself than actually have a constructive conversation about the state of this game and have some form of accountability.

well the fact i had 4 admins come to me and warn to ban me for this post shows how shitty this game has become im over it and honestly people will start leaving eft and its all BSG's fault , They will probably perm me for this so whatever they can go duck themselfs for being another shitty dev team , But hey we got stalker coming out so thank god we dont have to deal with their bullshit much longer [ if you want to play a hard core shooter that is ]

• Like 2
defurbis

I feel the same way literally unplayable desync today players just freeze and disappear no shots register or anything, ridiculous I bought this game with the hopes of it getting better but now we have different color slicks, a worse economy, and unplayable desync.

jockmcplop

I stopped playing about a month ago and I can't see myself coming back until there's a bit more decent content and the movement it fixed, at least.

I agree with the the posters here though, I played roughly 600 hours so for £35 I really can't complain about the amount of fun I got for that.

I just can't be bothered with the grind any more though. There's not enough variation of content to justify it imo.

• Like 1
traumacode

This game is in a sad state right now...Kappa was fun the first time but not anymore.

The hacking is out of control, and since they "normalized" loot tables on labs now they're branching to all the other maps.

The desync and hitbox reg is still dogshit

This game should seriously be free to play at this point.

AzureChimes
20 hours ago, NotSoNew said:

well the fact i had 4 admins come to me and warn to ban me for this post shows how shitty this game has become im over it and honestly people will start leaving eft and its all BSG's fault , They will probably perm me for this so whatever they can go duck themselfs for being another shitty dev team , But hey we got stalker coming out so thank god we dont have to deal with their bullshit much longer [ if you want to play a hard core shooter that is ]

Are you serious? Do you have screenshots of the admins approaching you because that is some grade A bull crap.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
Elder-Drake

@AzureChimes+1 

You may have a good point but then blatant lies do not do you any good. I will say I agree that the game seems to just not be what it used to be for me. I want to like and enjoy playing like I used to but it is not happening and I seriously am not embellishing when I say I have over a dozen friends/gaming buddies easy that have just quit full out.

I have no idea what BSGs plans are short term or where the title is going timeline wise but I have to at least reserve some hope as the team has stated that what we are playing is not really even close to what the released version will be. I am not talking bug fixes and tweaks but the core experience itself, story, how the maps flow, and a hell of a lot of cool sounding mechanics. That said I am checking out for a long while I think. I keep coming back in the hopes that I will get that excitement again over the game and maybe get some old buddies to come back but it just is not happening. Odd design and balance decisions mixed with hackers just has me looking to other games to occupy my time. I hope that changes but time to put this back on the shelf and let it age a bit, come back in another year and take a sip and see how it taste.

Side note, anyone know if we can just dump our stuff safely? I may just give away my stash of cases, keys, GPUs, etc but getting rid of that much makes me wary of being labeled falsely for rmt or some garbage. Sucks that the hard work I did I can not more than likely give to another player or two or three due to these clowns.

behi09ma
On 5/17/2021 at 9:20 PM, AzureChimes said:

Are you serious? Do you have screenshots of the admins approaching you because that is some grade A bull crap.

he is just exaggerating the situation here for sure, why 4 admin warn you for a post which one warning is far enough for sure.

On 5/14/2021 at 11:52 PM, NotSoNew said:

Honestly this is not a hate post I put ...

let me tell you why the game's status is dogshit right now. the main reason is this community which do not let, BSG make big moves.

i will explain it with an example. remember the weight system's first day? what happened after 24 hours?? yeah they nerfed it back to where it is a useless feature right now. why they did that?!! yeah, this community forced them to do that. cause this community couldn't handle a raid without bunny hopping, running like hussein bolt with 50kg on them, adad thing.

if the weight system was here today, we could have less desync issue ( cause the player's movement speed is one of the desync issue here), lots of stupid lase beam weapons with 60 mags would not be viable, like now it is, due to effecting your movement and preventing you as a player to bring stuff from raids out. yeah, people's gear and loadout would change significantly. but this community, saying again, this community can't adapt to changes and all they do is complaining about every changes that BSG is trying to change. 

this was only one example, to show that the community you are talking about, can not even see further than their nose to understand the changes which can even help them to have better experience from a game.

i'm not saying BSG is doing the best, this economy in game is all because of them, which can not determine which item should be sold or found in which section of the game.(will not bother myself to determine the exact problem here, cause this community will not handle that too, if they change that)

after all, i hope BSG don't give a f*ck to what people say or do for a while and do what they were planning to do 3 years ago and make their game as they want. at the end, this is their game, this community will change over the time with patches and changes.

• Sad 1
opiat3
On 5/16/2021 at 6:56 PM, AzureChimes said:

actually have a constructive conversation about the state of this game

Yep. Constructive conversation like saying everything is worse then it was in the alpha build ... or like the entirety of your answer... that was pretty constructive right?

• Like 3
black00mamba

I am a master's student in the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University.

The title of my MA thesis is "Video Game Localisation: A case study of Battlestate Games' Escape from Tarkov". Following a linguo-cultural approach, the following survey aims to investigate fans' motives, opinions, attitudes, preferences, and expectations in relation to several aspects of the game. Reception studies can provide the game's developers with valuable information about players' views and tastes, helping them to optimise their marketing and localisation strategy.

It will take you approximately 4 minutes to complete this survey.

Thank you for your interest! https://forms.gle/omo7bFwjLakX5kGcA 

• Like 2
neimez
On 5/14/2021 at 9:22 PM, NotSoNew said:

download.jpg.fc7010ac7d0a7fd4ac079a36d2cd100d.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
ACuddlyBadger

BSG keeps looking at big ambitious goals when the servers are bad, movement is bad (ADAD + desync cheating human aim) , some spawns are bad, the economy is bad, the armor system is unrealistic enough to the point where the game would play more realistically w/o it. Recoil mechanics on guns are bad. There are so many little core things to the gameplay in this game across all maps that are terrible and BSG isn't fixing them, instead they hype up all the big stuff. 

• Like 1
AzureChimes
On 5/20/2021 at 4:51 AM, opiat3 said:

Yep. Constructive conversation like saying everything is worse then it was in the alpha build ... or like the entirety of your answer... that was pretty constructive right?

Hows this for constructive BeCauSe 5 YeAr BetA

Opiat I'm not sure if you've noticed but you aren't taken very seriously

• Like 2
decamillis
On 5/14/2021 at 6:54 PM, chrisragnar said:

What do you mean we dont have 50% of the game? Like maps? Or what other than maps are you missing that is half of the game?

If your under the impression "maps" are what's missing you don't even know what tarkov is? We were marketed a open world FPS survival sim. After 5 years we are still stuck doing "Raids" with predefined extraction times. You remember the breach and clear dialog that used to be on doors? I bet not. How bout toxicity and radiation zones? What happened to modular vest configs and plate implementation? Penetration and ballistic simulation isn't even completed on maps we have had since the start. I could list more but dude if your thinking maps are the 50% XD this game isn't even 30% complete based on what was marketed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Hot 1
dapps

yeh have to agree.. been here since closed alpha and the original 'we are here for the authenticity' and 'not like other authors that have games dictated by senior management pushing for a xmas release' claims have been exposed as complete and utter BS

it's all about generating hype for a wipes and catering to the cod/csgo player base to sell more copies. sure, BSG have to make money, but early backers got on board because we were sold a promise of the non-corporate approach and that BSG wanted to deliver a game we wanted, not one that sold millions of copies

MarcBorgia
On 5/17/2021 at 3:44 AM, jockmcplop said:

I stopped playing about a month ago and I can't see myself coming back until there's a bit more decent content and the movement it fixed, at least.

I agree with the the posters here though, I played roughly 600 hours so for £35 I really can't complain about the amount of fun I got for that.

I just can't be bothered with the grind any more though. There's not enough variation of content to justify it imo.

I agree, its frustrating that they put any time at all into adding basically the same things that are in the game instead of having those designers working on the maps. Why do we need multiple of the same size bags and rigs right now? No one gives a crap about those things at the moment. Finish the important things like maps, guns and whatelse actually affects game play.

GlitchWizard
On 5/20/2021 at 7:18 AM, ACuddlyBadger said:

BSG keeps looking at big ambitious goals when the servers are bad, movement is bad (ADAD + desync cheating human aim) , some spawns are bad, the economy is bad, the armor system is unrealistic enough to the point where the game would play more realistically w/o it. Recoil mechanics on guns are bad. There are so many little core things to the gameplay in this game across all maps that are terrible and BSG isn't fixing them, instead they hype up all the big stuff. 

THIS
This was the downfall to many a games. Most recently PubG. Always worried about some new bullshit map, some new crazy feature. 
THE GAME IS BROKEN. FIX IT

When my car has a blown engine it doesnt make sense to put brand new rims and tires on it to make it look good. Ducking car doesnt run. 

djhifi
Posted (edited)

"Honestly this is not a hate post"

(proceeds into hating the game)

"i had 4 admins come to me and warn to ban me for this post shows how shitty this game has become"

I'm sure you can prove this, right? 😏

Edited by djhifi
  • Upvote 1
BaconSniper

"I have no idea what BSGs plans are short term or where the title is going timeline wise but I have to at least reserve some hope as the team has stated that what we are playing is not really even close to what the released version will be. I am not talking bug fixes and tweaks but the core experience itself, story, how the maps flow, and a hell of a lot of cool sounding mechanics. "

5 years and they can't even get the game to run decent or do an ok job at keeping cheaters out. There is no hope left, it would take this team another 10 years to deliver all those great ideas they had. They would rather spend resources on making stupid backpacks and broken guns than do anything meaningful. Leaving the game is the only action we can take if we don't like the state of the game. Complaining is useless, I don't think there is a Dev team that listens to anything posted in their forums, it is just a place for players to vent.