Instant ban after first purchase?

BoogLawlry

I just purchased the game and installed without issue.  My fiance, however, purchased the game and downloaded the launcher, then as soon as she tried to log in, it says she was banned.

What gives?  Why would this happen?  Is there a way to refund this game if this can't be resolved?

BoogLawlry
21 minutes ago, BoogLawlry said:

I just purchased the game and installed without issue.  My fiance, however, purchased the game and downloaded the launcher, then as soon as she tried to log in, it says she was banned.

What gives?  Why would this happen?  Is there a way to refund this game if this can't be resolved?

She is not BattleEye banned, all other games work.  She never even got to log in to the launcher.  We have never cheated on a game, ever.  This looks like a problem on the EFT side itself.

Snot_Shot
2 hours ago, BoogLawlry said:

Too many variables to answer your question by forum members. You will need to contact BSG support.

OstensibleNail

Something similar, if not identical, happened to me when I purchased EFT last week. Here's the detailed play-by-play:

In my case, shortly after a reboot and with only firefox, discord, and steam running, I purchased EFT on May 10th from the EFT website, downloaded the BSG client, installed it, and launched it. When I attempted to login with my account info, the client reported an error, saying I hadn't completed the captcha, and a captcha checkmark box appeared (which wasn't there before). I checked it, completed the captcha, and the client then reported "Failed to connect to auth server.   ERROR: 213". My next attempt to login on the BSG client yielded "Your account has been permanently blocked.   ERROR: 229". Further attempts to login have not resulted in any more changes in the error message I receive. Logging in on the EFT website shows the account as banned, and forum access is blocked. I received no email in either the inbox nor spam folder of the email I registered with regarding the ban. My Windows 10 install is ~6 months old or so, and BattlEye (BE) has not yet been installed on this machine (I assume BE gets installed when EFT gets installed, and I just didn't get that far). I don't think I've ever received a ban in a game before, so I doubt it'd have something to do with like a blacklist or hwid ban or something.

Shortly after the ban, I contacted EFT support and, after checking the reddit, submitted a ticket to BE (despite it never getting installed). EFT support responded May 11th with the standard 'Section 6 of the EULA' response described elsewhere here and on the EFT reddit, noting all appeals must go through BE. When I requested confirmation from EFT support that my ban was indeed through BE, I was told the only available information on my ban would have been in the email I should have received at the time of the ban (which, again, I never received).

Finally, on May 15th I created a new account on the EFT website, purchased another copy of the game, and received another ban following the exact same sequence of errors as before. I informed EFT support of all this, and that I was contacting my bank to have both purchases cancelled, but that if the original ban was lifted from my first purchase, I would happily have my bank drop the dispute.

That is where things are for me. I'm checking my EFT support ticket and my email for any message from BE, but based on what info I can find online, I'm not getting my hopes up. I tried to share all the info regarding my experience on the EFT reddit, but was blocked by the mods for my post being a 'ban appeal'. However, I did find some reports of similar experiences as mine from a few months ago in a post on the Steam forums (of all places). Here is the link:

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/12/4329623982970661516/

The EFT EULA explicitly states no refunds, and people's experience seems to strongly corroborate this fact, so I wouldn't expect one. The only possibility of getting your money back appears to be disputing the purchase with your bank. Otherwise, you just have to wait to see if BE or BSG responds and lifts the ban, but even then you'll likely be waiting a long while (2-3 months from what I've read).

Sorry for the length, but I hope you, support, or others find some of that useful. EFT looks like a whole lot of fun, so I'm terribly sad it looks like I won't likely get to play it any time soon. Regardless, thanks for reading; hopefully this problem gets resolved.

BoogLawlry
17 hours ago, OstensibleNail said:

Something similar, if not identical, happened to me when I purchased EFT last week. Here's the detailed play-by-play:

In my case, shortly after a reboot and with only firefox, discord, and steam running, I purchased EFT on May 10th from the EFT website, downloaded the BSG client, installed it, and launched it. When I attempted to login with my account info, the client reported an error, saying I hadn't completed the captcha, and a captcha checkmark box appeared (which wasn't there before). I checked it, completed the captcha, and the client then reported "Failed to connect to auth server.   ERROR: 213". My next attempt to login on the BSG client yielded "Your account has been permanently blocked.   ERROR: 229". Further attempts to login have not resulted in any more changes in the error message I receive. Logging in on the EFT website shows the account as banned, and forum access is blocked. I received no email in either the inbox nor spam folder of the email I registered with regarding the ban. My Windows 10 install is ~6 months old or so, and BattlEye (BE) has not yet been installed on this machine (I assume BE gets installed when EFT gets installed, and I just didn't get that far). I don't think I've ever received a ban in a game before, so I doubt it'd have something to do with like a blacklist or hwid ban or something.

Shortly after the ban, I contacted EFT support and, after checking the reddit, submitted a ticket to BE (despite it never getting installed). EFT support responded May 11th with the standard 'Section 6 of the EULA' response described elsewhere here and on the EFT reddit, noting all appeals must go through BE. When I requested confirmation from EFT support that my ban was indeed through BE, I was told the only available information on my ban would have been in the email I should have received at the time of the ban (which, again, I never received).

Finally, on May 15th I created a new account on the EFT website, purchased another copy of the game, and received another ban following the exact same sequence of errors as before. I informed EFT support of all this, and that I was contacting my bank to have both purchases cancelled, but that if the original ban was lifted from my first purchase, I would happily have my bank drop the dispute.

That is where things are for me. I'm checking my EFT support ticket and my email for any message from BE, but based on what info I can find online, I'm not getting my hopes up. I tried to share all the info regarding my experience on the EFT reddit, but was blocked by the mods for my post being a 'ban appeal'. However, I did find some reports of similar experiences as mine from a few months ago in a post on the Steam forums (of all places). Here is the link:

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/12/4329623982970661516/

The EFT EULA explicitly states no refunds, and people's experience seems to strongly corroborate this fact, so I wouldn't expect one. The only possibility of getting your money back appears to be disputing the purchase with your bank. Otherwise, you just have to wait to see if BE or BSG responds and lifts the ban, but even then you'll likely be waiting a long while (2-3 months from what I've read).

Sorry for the length, but I hope you, support, or others find some of that useful. EFT looks like a whole lot of fun, so I'm terribly sad it looks like I won't likely get to play it any time soon. Regardless, thanks for reading; hopefully this problem gets resolved.

This is nearly exactly what happened to us.  She had that capcha too, and finished it, then it said Failed to Connect to Auth server.  We are baffled as to why and so far battleeye support has been useless to help other than stating she has not been banned.  So who banned her?

TitanicWasFunny

The online shopping from Russian customers is regulated by art.1 RF of 7 February 1992 n. 2300-1. It provides comprehensive protective consumer rights which are broadly comparable with those across Europe. Disputes that arise from online shopping must be resolved in line with this law. Essentially it says that: The consumer must be fed accurate information on the product via brochures, pamphlets, photos, video, or media of another type The buyer must know the address of the seller, the price of the goods, the payment details and of the period during which offers are valid The buyer must be given, in writing, specifications, the return policy and a warranty card The buyer has the right to withdraw from an online shopping, before delivery of the goods. The buyer has the right to withdraw from an e-commerce, for 7 days after delivery of the goods, returning items in good order, without explanation

BSG is above the law apparently, even here in the USA they just ignore consumer rights.

• Hot 1
OstensibleNail
On 5/19/2021 at 4:51 PM, BoogLawlry said:

This is nearly exactly what happened to us.  She had that capcha too, and finished it, then it said Failed to Connect to Auth server.  We are baffled as to why and so far battleeye support has been useless to help other than stating she has not been banned.  So who banned her?

If you got a response from BattlEye, that is good news! Their message should have included a ticket number; supposedly if you give that ticket number to BSG support, they'll consider your ban appeal themselves. I don't know why BE responded so quickly in your case (and am a little jealous tbh), but you should update your BSG ticket with the info.

To answer your question though, I don't know enough to say for sure, but I think the fact that these bans are happening before BattlEye ever gets installed strongly suggests this ban is being triggered by the BSG client software itself, and the message from BE that they didn't ban her account corroborates this conclusion. Hopefully now though you can get it sorted out.

odyne
On 5/19/2021 at 11:51 PM, BoogLawlry said:

Exact same thing just happend to me, "Failed to connect to auth server.  ERROR: 213" and then straight into "Your account has been permanently blocked.  ERROR: 229". Really frustrating getting banned without any reason or information after 2 years of playing and upgrading to EoD.

Have created tickets to both BSG and BE, lets se what happens...

• 2 weeks later...
Am 28.5.2021 um 22:21 schrieb odyne:

Exact same thing just happend to me, "Failed to connect to auth server.  ERROR: 213" and then straight into "Your account has been permanently blocked.  ERROR: 229". Really frustrating getting banned without any reason or information after 2 years of playing and upgrading to EoD.

Have created tickets to both BSG and BE, lets se what happens...

And the exact same happened to us! A friend was playing over a year - never cheated - then after a launcher update the captcha failed to show up and instead there was error 213 failed to connect to auth server just like you said. We tried 2 other accounts on his machine - both banned.. 3 accounts now went to the trashcan! we are really mad and think about a lawyer.

Can it be something trivial with the captchas they use within the launcher? It seems that there is a random chosen  captcha out of some different captcha methods. Maybe when one fails it will invoke a ban? I dont get it..really.

Edited by hennakin