Who can stand the state of this?

Mdx187

Every time i die, its BS

Everytime i smoke someone, i feel bad because is was BS

How do you fix this game? 

The inconsistency is nuts. I wish we could demand refunds but they use this excuse of "beta"

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 4
Sir_Mossy
44 minutes ago, Mdx187 said:

Every time i die, its BS

Claiming you're infallible is a mentality that all but discredits anything you have to say whatsoever. You are not perfect and don't play perfectly, nor does anybody who has ever or will ever play this game.

Also, they don't block refunds under the guise of "beta". It is explicitly stated in the ToS/EULA that you cannot get a refund once purchasing the game.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1
Mdx187

imagine ignoring the whole juxtaposition of my post by quoting a fraction of it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
traumacode

This game is likely never going to be the realistic shooter the devs are trying to make it.  Between server desyncs, the literal cancer that is cheating, and the constant feedback from streamers, it will end up frustrating players enough to quit, especially when the beta tag comes off.  Hell as it is now, I am fairly certain this game would get review bombed if it were to be "released' now.

Niewiarygodny
21 minutes ago, traumacode said:

This game is likely never going to be the realistic shooter

Thats true, but devs are not hiding it? They are saying for past 4 years+ that it still gonna be game, not 1:1 real life.

Ah right, filthy streamers! Cause all of them are the same, casue they control BSG, cause BSG only listen to them, cause they have only bad ideas :D.
Who cares that BSG says that they don't want arcade type of gameplay in Tarkov and tbh i don't think i ever heared such idea from streamer (Not talking about seasonal EFT streamers, just ppl who actually play EFT for a while).

Cause u guys have only good ideas for EFT, but streamers?! Nah, they are diffrent type of ppl.
I will only point out, that on this forum/reddit, u could read TONS of negative comments about:
- Healing animations
- Loading ammo "animations"
- Changes about weight system
- New meds to heal diffrent type of injures
Just when those things appeared in Tarkov. But those things increased realism/balanced a lot of things/slowed down gameplay.

I would like to hear, whats your argument that EFT is becoming more arcade game? That it's becoming easier than it was before? Or what BSG did under streamer influence :D

• Sad 1
traumacode
2 hours ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Thats true, but devs are not hiding it? They are saying for past 4 years+ that it still gonna be game, not 1:1 real life.

Ah right, filthy streamers! Cause all of them are the same, casue they control BSG, cause BSG only listen to them, cause they have only bad ideas :D.
Who cares that BSG says that they don't want arcade type of gameplay in Tarkov and tbh i don't think i ever heared such idea from streamer (Not talking about seasonal EFT streamers, just ppl who actually play EFT for a while).

Cause u guys have only good ideas for EFT, but streamers?! Nah, they are diffrent type of ppl.
I will only point out, that on this forum/reddit, u could read TONS of negative comments about:
- Healing animations
Just when those things appeared in Tarkov. But those things increased realism/balanced a lot of things/slowed down gameplay.

I would like to hear, whats your argument that EFT is becoming more arcade game? That it's becoming easier than it was before? Or what BSG did under streamer influence :D

It's a very simple argument - by 3 weeks into a wipe people can make "meta" guns with minimal recoil and literally ADAD spam to make the recoil even more negligable.

Take one look at a player who cheeses max stam/strength and literally parkours around the map with 100kg of weight on them in loot.  I may as well be playing Titanfall or Crysis.

Combine these 2 simple gameplay features, and you have the definition of an arcade shooter - limitless movement, and recoil-less shooting.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
OkruT
3 hours ago, Niewiarygodny said:

- Healing animations

imagine again:

tarkov 3-4 years ago,

let me just name a few differences:

1. no surgery kit - after few fights you are like wrecking train slowly going towards extraction... imagine...

2. no flea

3. no laserbeam weapons

BUT

if you had from time to time this "perfect raid" you felt rewarded - no horrible weight system - game was slower without it,

without surgery nonsense, flea nonsense, and other added nonsense.

PS. After 42 im selling bitcoins only, good development direction !

GL HF

Niewiarygodny
38 minutes ago, traumacode said:

t's a very simple argument - by 3 weeks into a wipe people can make "meta" guns with minimal recoil and literally ADAD spam to make the recoil even more negligable.

And thats how Tarkov have been for past 5 years (ADAD spam) and around 3 years (When they added REshala/Labs).
It's not casue of streamers :D. Whats more, those "Streamers" mostly want balance this poo, make purpose for weaker ammo, cause tell me when did u use 5.45 US? Or Weaker Buckshoot ammo? Or T3 armor after 7 months of wipe (beside quest). 

And whats more, BSG said taht they do something against it.
Kinda closing labs in future/nerfing loot
And changing movement so whats your point? DO we moan now about things which WILL change and BSG literally inform us about it all the time?

40 minutes ago, traumacode said:

Take one look at a player who cheeses max stam/strength and literally parkours around the map with 100kg of weight on them in loot.

Does BSG support cheesing skills? Or they actually do something against such things? Did we even get bans for some ppl for cheesing skills or not?

Even on mules u can't rly parkour with 100kg, but thats one point for you cause ye, mule is quite strong but somekind of balance and it would work just fine. Whats more, u could do parkour BEFORE even with 1k KG. 

41 minutes ago, traumacode said:

Combine these 2 simple gameplay features, and you have the definition of an arcade shooter - limitless movement, and recoil-less shooting.

Combine "Beta label" and "Not released" and u get "Not finished product" and u are being informed about it literally each time u are in main menu.

So again, i do not get your point.
BSG is not saying "Hey yeah, we will leave it that way, it will be arcadish gameplay" just read latests QA or check out podcasts...
Just quote from that QA
"I can tell that the simple games, arcadey games, arcadey shooters and; the players who want EFT to be similar to this way will try to make their statement and try to keep their habits from those games in this game. They don’t want this game to become more hardcore, and... these types of players, their interests will not be supported by us. Escape From Tarkovis not about that. "
That kinda explain a lot?

Really i don't get it how ppl can moan about unfinished product that much when devs say all the time that it's gonna be diffrent :D.

28 minutes ago, OkruT said:

1. no surgery kit - after few fights you are like wrecking train slowly going towards extraction... imagine...

And u were running anyway on painkillers 24/7 cause they lasted long/had no side effects at all/hydration drain was too low to have any kind of impact on your gameplay

28 minutes ago, OkruT said:

2. no flea

I do agree that flea market should be changed, dunno exactly how to make sense, casue it would require much more brain work.
But maybe something that if u want buy/sell something u need like to "wait decent amount of time" till your offer pop up/till your item which u bought arrive to you.

Whats more, maybe flea will look completly diffrent after Loot nerf which are coming to Tarkov at some point.
But atm yes, u are right

30 minutes ago, OkruT said:

3. no laserbeam weapons

I wouldn't agree with that tho, cause u could do such weapons

31 minutes ago, OkruT said:

no horrible weight system - game was slower without it,

???? How game was slower without Weight system?
I mean i was just carring what i want and my stanmina was always regenerating, i always could run at full speed and literally it was CoD back then.
I could Heal while running and thats how ppl played, they fought and healed in meantime.

Sory but u moan about realism, and literally Healing animation/Weight system/loading ammo animation is literally much much much closer to realism than it was before :D.

33 minutes ago, OkruT said:

PS. After 42 im selling bitcoins only, good development direction !

ANd here i agree, but yet again, i am 99% sure that those numbers will be fixed/changed at some point.
I also do not loot anything, nah i even don't use Fuel in my hideout and i am gaining money all the time from raids.

• Sad 1
OkruT

waste time for me on this kind of conversation, after i saw "realistic"...

"realistic" is a slogan for masses, easy money...

Fun is different for everyone that is for sure...

I had more fun 3-4 years ago playing tarkov, and i feel many others had...

• Like 1
TarkovCitizen4431498
1 hour ago, traumacode said:

Take one look at a player who cheeses max stam/strength and literally parkours around the map with 100kg of weight on them in loot.  I may as well be playing Titanfall or Crysis.

What fairytale are you living in? I wish I was able to carry 100KG like it's nothing with max strength. You can't even walk properly at 100KG. 92KG is better, but still you run very slow and drain stamina fast. Even at +/- 65KG you have to stop for stamina often as well, just like a player that uses M.U.L.E stims. Obviously you don't have max strength so let me show you what max str/end with 100KG looks like..

Also, you don't have to cheese strength or endurance. Just use FP-100 filters in the hideout every day. From 30-50 is only like 200 raids.

On 5/17/2021 at 4:18 AM, Mdx187 said:

Every time i die, its BS

Have some clips to share? Let's see if it's BS ;).

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
decamillis
18 hours ago, Niewiarygodny said:

OK so here is a pretty simple argument go to battlestate games front page. Click on "about game" and read what tarkov is marketed as.

"Instead of featuring videos with squads moving through an area, slowly and carefully advancing while clearing every corner; feature some of your streamers sprinting across the map, jumping from 20m tall buildings while loaded with 70kg packs, soaking up bullets while full auto firing at every target, no matter the range. Then you'd attract the type of gamer that would enjoy that gameplay, which I promise, far outnumber the people looking for what you're currently marketing but not delivering." ~EvilKoala

• Like 1
Niewiarygodny

@decamillis 
And what if game atm attraact those type of ppl? It's their mistake if they didn't read how EFT gonna look like.
Anyway we have TONS of ppl, who saw streamers playing EFT and it looked fun! But when they did, they were dying like poo in each raid. 
Then they moan about "Game being too hard", not it's not game "being too hard" it's just not for you and EFT is diffrent than others, thats all.

WHats more, BSG can make such Events as Twitch Rivals, idc about Bingos/Achivments hunts or other stuff since they don't change actual gameplay to fit those rules.
THey simply make an event to fit current state of Tarkov, thats all.

Again will ask, what Tarkov did in past 5 years, that increased "arcadish" gameplay? Nothing right? Or maybe 1/2 small changes, but they did add tons of features which SLOWED gameplay, made Tarkov harder etc.
Any features (Still "arcadish") where they informed us that "it is permament feature, it wont be changed till release"? Again no.

Overall if someone buy BETA game which is UNFINISHED product and does not read "how this game gonna look like in future" then it's his mistake.
All those plans/ideas for EFT are out there ready to read/watch/listen since 2015/2016. 
When i first heared about EFT i thought that it's gonna be AWESOME game, then i was reading more and more about and i knew that i can risk +-40$ for it even if Early Alhpa/Beta looked really basic in many many many features. 
But it was after reading/watching podcasts or QA etc for bunch of time.

• Sad 2
Spectator6
8 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Then they moan about "Game being too hard", not it's not game "being too hard" it's just not for you and EFT is diffrent than others, thats all.

Possibly!

Though can I say something here?

I have a friend I recently built a PC for just so he could play EFT. He came over from the CoD console crowd, more arcade run-and-gun games.

And you know what?

He LOVES EFT.

But...

As time went on and he became more comfortable and knowledgeable about the game, he started to notice little by little some of the glaring inconsistencies with its damage and health systems. And that's when he started piecing together that much of what he initially perceived as being "difficulty" were actually weird one-offs and/or exploits that other players were taking advantage of to get the better of him.

And that's when some of the "charm" of EFT started waning. 

Don't get me wrong, he still loves the game and we still play it together regularly. But he's more able to see the "broken-ness" in the game, and quite frankly, it pisses him off. In the past, what he'd attribute to, "EFT is hard!" is now a more informed, "<mechanic xyz> is total crap!" He sees now that much of the "confusion/frustration" in learning the game comes from its more hidden inconsistencies than anything else.

Like, "Why the hell didn't that unarmored scav go down after I hit him 5 times with my SKS?" That's not "difficulty", that's something not being right in the game.

"Players should *NOT* be able to jump around like morons, mowing people down in full auto like this is CoD! I don't play this game to get a CoD experience, I play it because I very much want the exact opposite of CoD! When are they going to fix this!?!?"

Or when we're playing together and we have my experience above. No, I didn't "miss hit" him somewhere else. I was in an elevated position, took four well-place single taps to his upper chest and head for 122 damage. Now, the game can sit there and say I tapped his shoulder once and that that counted as his arm, blah blah blah. But that's *PRECISELY* the issue. It doesn't matter WHAT reason the game gives for that outcome, the fact the game returned that outcome *IS IN ITSELF* the problem at hand.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
RACWAR
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, paracelsus1981 said:

Klean is way too fixated on the economy. Honestly, who cares about the economy, it's something that doesn't even matter til the game is about to be released, and it's something that can always easily be tweaked.

The real issues are with the core mechanics of the game (weapon mechanics, medical system, movement mechanics, etc.) which are either massively lacking or just don't know what they want to be.

Edited by RACWAR
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 1
Niewiarygodny
27 minutes ago, Spectator6 said:

glaring inconsistencies with its damage and health systems.

Ofc there are those things and i do agree with rest of the post.

I am just denying that "Tarkov is becoming more arcadish" since BSG didnt make a single change (or almost no changes) to make this statement true, they only did the opposite :D.

But those ppl refuse to give any valid examples of "what Tarkov actually added/changed" instead they keep telling about things which Tarkov didn't do "yet" (Cause they will in future, at least we are getting informed about it from time to time) which does not mean that:
1. It will stay like this
2. Tarkov is becoming more arcadish (cause how it can, if things remain the same, talking about armor/bullets mechancis/ health system/BH/ADAD etc.) IF they would add ADAD movement, then ok  it would be a good point, but no, all those mechanics are the same for past 6 years.

THats my point, but ppl prefer to say "YEAH BUT AMMO AND GETTING HIT 10 TIMES IS BROKEN" yeah it is, but it's not recently added, it's like this since start.

About things which they can "easly" do to prevent many things is really easy, but adding them, making them "balanced" is harder.
LIke u mentioned naked scav/pmc tanking x bullets? Solutions?
- Add 50% bonus DMG to THorax/stomach if enemy is naked with specific calibers ANd we would fix 1 problem.

But why BSG  is not fixing those things right away?
Cause they do not focus on it, they do tell us again from time to time, that they prefer and want to create world first, then work on such world, for some ppl it's stupid, but thats how BSG wanna and will work on EFT, and "yet again" we know about it for at least 4-5 years :D.

Spectator6
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, RACWAR said:

Klean is way too fixated on the economy. Honestly, who cares about the economy, it's something that doesn't even matter til the game is about to be released, and it's something that can always easily be tweaked.

The real issues are with the core mechanics of the game (weapon mechanics, medical system, movement mechanics, etc.) which are either massively lacking or just don't know what they want to be.

So much this!

Too many influencers are completely focused on the wrong issues. 

This is why we have podcast after podcast with Nikita where the conversation never really gets deeply into the more fundamental aspects of the game's underlying health/damage/etc systems.

Instead, it's always, "Nerf this, buff that", as if *THOSE* are somehow the critical elements to refine and perfect at this stage in development... 

image.png.9a0afc3dd0fd7b2c7ce5a7d8b446d29b.png

And, in Nikta's defense, maybe he's not able to speak in-depth and at-length on those topics. But then you know what? They should bring on one or more of the developers who CAN speak to those areas onto the podcast, and THEN let a knowledgeable and constructive guest panel dig into these things at length. Not to argue, not to debate, but just to have an open dialogue, to dive into the issues together so that EVERYONE can leave with a deeper understanding.

Edited by Spectator6
  • Upvote 2
RACWAR
6 minutes ago, Spectator6 said:

Too many influencers are completely focused on the wrong issues. 

This is why we have podcast after podcast with Nikita where the conversation never really gets deeply into the more fundamental aspects of the game's underlying health/damage/etc systems.

Instead, it's always, "Nerf this, buff that", as if *THOSE* are somehow the critical elements to refine and perfect at this stage in development... 

Yeah, every time I hear one of Klean's rants is always about "muh economy. muh we need more of that item. Muh we need less of those items."

It's like you're trying to build a house and you start decorating before you have even put all the walls in place. Talk about getting hung up on frivolities.

BSG needs to built and flesh out their fundamentals first and set the tone for how they want people to play their game, and then they can bother with what amount of items they want floating around the game-world.

14 minutes ago, Spectator6 said:

And, in Nikta's defense, maybe he's not able to speak in-depth and at-length on those topics. But then you know what? They should bring on one or more of the developers who CAN speak to those areas onto the podcast, and THEN let a knowledgeable and constructive guest panel dig into these things at length. Not to argue, not to debate, but just to have an open dialogue, to dive into the issues together so that BOTH sides can leave with a deeper understanding.

I really wish they would do a podcast actually talking about serious things for once. Like concrete ideas that have been suggested to them, and how they want the game to actually play out, and what direction they actually want to go. As much as I love the leaks, but aside from that, it's always about the same topics.. "Cheaters, voip, wipe, etc.".

• Like 3
paracelsus1981
43 minutes ago, RACWAR said:

The amount of times I actually hammered SHIFT screaming at the monitor "ducking RUN!" or hammering X to lay low. It´s just so damn annoying how often the game just doesn´t register pressing buttons.

Magnoguido
On 5/16/2021 at 11:48 PM, Mdx187 said:

imagine ignoring the whole juxtaposition of my post by quoting a fraction of it. 

Imagine making a claim that everyone take on face value without providing any examples, evidence.

traumacode

18 hours ago, TarkovCitizen4431498 said:

What fairytale are you living in? I wish I was able to carry 100KG like it's nothing with max strength. You can't even walk properly at 100KG. 92KG is better, but still you run very slow and drain stamina fast. Even at +/- 65KG you have to stop for stamina often as well, just like a player that uses M.U.L.E stims. Obviously you don't have max strength so let me show you what max str/end with 100KG looks like..

Also, you don't have to cheese strength or endurance. Just use FP-100 filters in the hideout every day. From 30-50 is only like 200 raids.

Have some clips to share? Let's see if it's BS ;).

As much as I appreciate the video which you made based on taking me literally, you're really proving the point I was trying to make.  So at 92KG, that's suddenly an acceptable amount of weight but add 8kg (about 16 more pounds to the already 200+lbs you're carrying) and now you can't move?  In reality, no one should be able to move carrying almost 200lbs on them and move properly.  But people who are carrying let's say 50kg or roughly 100lbs of extra weight and use a MULE can (now literally) parkour around the map and make 180 degree turns and shoot people.  The point I was trying to make was that the weight system has to be revised, sorry I didn't get my sarcasm across and you took it literally.  Again, I appreciate your video.

On that note, in reference to Klean's video above during which time he also tackles the weight issue and the AD spam I referenced before: I agree with some of his statements.  I don't agree with the one on the flea market though -I personally think it needs to be removed.  I don't care how much time they spent coding it...it's one of the major ways cheaters can benefit from it and continue the RMT cycle.  I always reference Blizzard - they couldn't even figure out how to combat cheaters in D3 when it first came out and had to remove the flea market for that reason.  If a AAA company with millions and many more resources can't do it, this company cannot either.

Spectator6
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Ofc there are those things and i do agree with rest of the post.

I am just denying that "Tarkov is becoming more arcadish" since BSG didnt make a single change (or almost no changes) to make this statement true, they only did the opposite :D.

But those ppl refuse to give any valid examples of "what Tarkov actually added/changed" instead they keep telling about things which Tarkov didn't do "yet" (Cause they will in future, at least we are getting informed about it from time to time) which does not mean that:
1. It will stay like this
2. Tarkov is becoming more arcadish (cause how it can, if things remain the same, talking about armor/bullets mechancis/ health system/BH/ADAD etc.) IF they would add ADAD movement, then ok  it would be a good point, but no, all those mechanics are the same for past 6 years.

THats my point, but ppl prefer to say "YEAH BUT AMMO AND GETTING HIT 10 TIMES IS BROKEN" yeah it is, but it's not recently added, it's like this since start.

About things which they can "easly" do to prevent many things is really easy, but adding them, making them "balanced" is harder.
LIke u mentioned naked scav/pmc tanking x bullets? Solutions?
- Add 50% bonus DMG to THorax/stomach if enemy is naked with specific calibers ANd we would fix 1 problem.

But why BSG  is not fixing those things right away?
Cause they do not focus on it, they do tell us again from time to time, that they prefer and want to create world first, then work on such world, for some ppl it's stupid, but thats how BSG wanna and will work on EFT, and "yet again" we know about it for at least 4-5 years :D.

Ah, I think I see what you're saying now, @Niewiarygodny!

You're saying that many of the game's underlying issues have been present since day one. So it may not be accurate to say the game is becoming MORE arcade-ish, but moreso that its more arcade-ish faults are coming to light as more players learn to exploit the systems.

(Am I reading you correctly there?)

And to that, I agree!

I suspect the internal development played the game like they showed in their alpha footage (links below). They moved slow and tactically, etc. And because they were all operating under that same point-of-view/understanding, no one ever tried to "break" the game.

But once EFT hit the "big time" a new type of player took EFT by storm. And these are the players that **deliberately** skirt the boundaries to look for an edge and gain an upper hand. As time went on and more and more of these "exploits" became more widely known in the playerbase, the problems with many of the game's systems unfortunately started coming to light in a BIG way.

It seems to me the question now is whether BSG has the willpower and desire to gain the proper knowledge and understanding they'll need to fix these oversights. Because in my mind, these are no small or easy issues. These are mechanics that take other development teams TONS and TONS of iterations and player feedback, etc to eventually "get right". Which is why I'm always scratching my head, thinking, "If not now, when? Because this may take some time..."

Edited by Spectator6
typos
  • Upvote 1
DocLongDong
7 hours ago, Spectator6 said:

I have a friend I recently built a PC for just so he could play EFT. He came over from the CoD console crowd, more arcade run-and-gun games.

And you know what?

He LOVES EFT.

But...

As time went on and he became more comfortable and knowledgeable about the game, he started to notice little by little some of the glaring inconsistencies with its damage and health systems. And that's when he started piecing together that much of what he initially perceived as being "difficulty" were actually weird one-offs and/or exploits that other players were taking advantage of to get the better of him.

And that's when some of the "charm" of EFT started waning. 

Don't get me wrong, he still loves the game and we still play it together regularly. But he's more able to see the "broken-ness" in the game, and quite frankly, it pisses him off. In the past, what he'd attribute to, "EFT is hard!" is now a more informed, "<mechanic xyz> is total crap!" He sees now that much of the "confusion/frustration" in learning the game comes from its more hidden inconsistencies than anything else.

Like, "Why the hell didn't that unarmored scav go down after I hit him 5 times with my SKS?" That's not "difficulty", that's something not being right in the game.

This is exactly the point made in my other thread. I am one of these people. I come from arcade shooters but have been playing EFT consistently for the late wipe and seriously think EFT could be my favorite game of all time ... if they changed the combat mechanics to be more consistent. Glad to hear I'm not the only person to think this way.

• Like 1